1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I don't want to whine or anything but... these limits on this forum that will only be lifted after a certain amount of posts are a bit silly, especially the way they're implemented.

I just got a PM from someone asking for some help. I tried to reply only to get a message that I can't send PM's.

If you don't want me to send PM's because I'm too 'new' that's ok but in that case make sure other people can't PM _me_ either!

This guy now has to wait for my response until I've made enough forum posts.

Not great... IMHO.

Marco
    I understand. Unfortunately, even with the best forum software and best spam traps available. Every forum on the internet has problems with auto-registering spambots. Some of these spambots are so vicious, I've seen them totally destroy a forum overnight. If you look here Stop Forum Spam - Forum Banlist it will give an idea as to how bad the problem is. I am sorry this happened to you, but it's something we all suffer with due to these spambots running rampant across the internet.

If we didn't have these measures in place, spambots would be filling the forum and PM boxes with spam.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/29/2009 at 04:52 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Hi guys,

I don't want to whine or anything but... these limits on this forum that will only be lifted after a certain amount of posts are a bit silly, especially the way they're implemented.

I just got a PM from someone asking for some help. I tried to reply only to get a message that I can't send PM's.

If you don't want me to send PM's because I'm too 'new' that's ok but in that case make sure other people can't PM _me_ either!

This guy now has to wait for my response until I've made enough forum posts.

Not great... IMHO.

Marco
    Welcome to the Forum. The good news is your 1 step closer with this last post!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    @palandri Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with you on the anti-spam measures. I just think it would be nicer if people then also could not DM people who are new and then have to wait for quite a while before they get a response
    I agree, the PM limit is a little rediculous, maybe it should be like 5 posts or something. Less spam and useless crap on the forums and less spam in peoples inboxes, a win for everyone.