1.    #1  
    Its been one bizarre string of days.... From ed mcmahon to farrah fawcet to michael jackson...

not that billy mays was anywhere near the icons that the former three were. But the fact that all these celebrities are checking out like this is a surreal situation.

Sure, people die. Its been happening for millions of years, but things seem truly bizarre right now..
    You're right! What the hell is going on with all of this death and gloom?
    dont forget about david carradine
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    As more people become famous, more famous people will die.
    My son's tribute was to shout everything he wanted to say all day.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    michael jackson 50
    All it is, is more exposure for people (ie: hearing about random people) = more death when it does happen. Plus, we are more prone to center on the negative things in life than positive
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    McMahon, Carradine, Fawcet, Jackson, Mays.... there has to be an awesome joke in there somewhere.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    McMahon, Carradine, Fawcet, Jackson, Mays.... there has to be an awesome joke in there somewhere.
    I hope not all these people were awesome in their own right, lets wait a couple of weeks first lol.
    it's weird seeing all those Billy Mays commercials they are still playing everywhere.
    It's a shame he died so young, but jeez I couldn't stand the guy. His voice made my ears hurt. I always turned the channel when he came on. My sympathies to his family.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I think it's a rule that you have to be annoying if you're gonna be sucessful in the marketing biz.
    Why couldn't it have just happened to Vince (shamwow guy) instead? I love Billy Mays.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post
    Why couldn't it have just happened to Vince (shamwow guy) instead? I love Billy Mays.
    Of course, I don't wish that on anyone, but the ScamWow guy bugs hard.
    Last edited by groovy; 06/30/2009 at 04:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Of course, I don't wish that on anyone, but the ScamWow guy bugs hard.
    He does sort of have that Eddie Haskell sort of appeal, don't he?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.