1.    #1  
    Ok everyone.. I spent like 7 hours doing this yesterday, and I have to show it off (about an hour to dothe math, and 6 hours to learn Tex and type it all up)

http://www.miradu.com/proof.pdf

It's my Math Grad Standerd - It's a bunch of sequences, and than prooving that your formulas for the sums of sequences are right by induction proofs....

If you see any errors you are welcome to tell me - the only person I can't get help from is my teacher. (the best thing! ever! me and my friends so liked being able to work together!)

It's very perty me thinks.... TeX is THE math typesetter.. btw, does anyoen know hwo to make the symbol for therefore in TeX, without using a different font?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    um, miradu, it may just be me, but your pdf is blank ...

to answer your other concern, I used a variation of TeX, called TeXtures, for typesetting during the early to mid 1990's. Since the "therefore" symbol (three dots arranged in a pyramid, correct? been a long time since I've had to deal with higher math) doesn't exist in a typical/standard format ascii font, you would need to find a symbol font that has it and tell TeX to change fonts and use that character. This is usually done by assigning the font and ascii number to a call and then placing that call within your text.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    Ok everyone.. I spent like 7 hours doing this yesterday, and I have to show it off (about an hour to dothe math, and 6 hours to learn Tex and type it all up)

http://www.miradu.com/proof.pdf

It's my Math Grad Standerd - It's a bunch of sequences, and than prooving that your formulas for the sums of sequences are right by induction proofs....

If you see any errors you are welcome to tell me - the only person I can't get help from is my teacher. (the best thing! ever! me and my friends so liked being able to work together!)

It's very perty me thinks.... TeX is THE math typesetter.. btw, does anyoen know hwo to make the symbol for therefore in TeX, without using a different font?
    Miradu,
    You missed the point of part 5. It says to give a direct proof, i.e., a proof without induction. Hint: write out a few terms of the $s_n$'s using the new formula. You'll see what happens. The phenomenon is called a telescoping sum. Your TeX looks pretty good for a first go, except that I don't care for your use of the ampersands, when you mean "for". As for the "therefore" you might have to load in your preamble some fonts (symbol or amssymbol), but I don't have my Tex books here. I'll check tomorrow at work.
    Nice!