Page 61 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2855
  1. #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Per the AARP official website, a quote from AARP Chief Operating Officer Tom Nelson: “While the President was correct that AARP will not endorse a health care reform bill that would reduce Medicare benefits, indications that we have endorsed any of the major health care reform bills currently under consideration in Congress are inaccurate."

    The President was trying to get folks to believe, by saying "on board" that AARP was backing the plan. How is "not endorse" the same as "on board".....it ain't. Hell, I'm for making some changes to healthcare to make it more accessible, but that doesn't mean I'm on board with their plan. So....I stand by what I said.....the Prez is trying to lie to save his program. Are we surprised?
    I see it from the other side of the fence mon ami! I see it as you trying to get people to believe he outright lied.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  2. #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I see it from the other side of the fence mon ami! I see it as you trying to get people to believe he outright lied.
    I know....telling something false to try and get people to think one way....you're right....that's not a lie. My bad. Still trying to get used to liberal think....grrrrr....it isn't easy "mon ami". I'm really not fond of the French even though my ancestors came from there (booooooo, hisssssss), but not surprised that you responded with something in French. As General Patton once said, "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  3. #1203  
    The folks who are going crazy in the town hall meetings are an embarassment for the whole country. Fearful people who are being played by the insurance industy.

    I feel very sorry for the ones who might actually believe the outrageous and totally ridiculous claim that the goverment would decide who lives or dies. If YOU believe it, please make an appointment with a counselor as soon as possible and get some help because you are paranoid.

    This is such a pathetic and lame story that even teenagers wouldn't fall for it. Damn people, get a grip.

    It's just a health insurance plan. Who would be against that except the insurance companies? No matter what fake argument is manufactured against it, it's just an insurance plan.

    Please people, pull yourselves back from the brink.
  4. #1204  
    Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    The folks who are going crazy in the town hall meetings are an embarassment for the whole country. Fearful people who are being played by the insurance industy.

    I feel very sorry for the ones who might actually believe the outrageous and totally ridiculous claim that the goverment would decide who lives or dies. If YOU believe it, please make an appointment with a counselor as soon as possible and get some help because you are paranoid.

    This is such a pathetic and lame story that even teenagers wouldn't fall for it. Damn people, get a grip.

    It's just a health insurance plan. Who would be against that except the insurance companies? No matter what fake argument is manufactured against it, it's just an insurance plan.

    Please people, pull yourselves back from the brink.
    All I did was read HR 3200. I'll assume you read it as well. Many of the "fears" that you speak of were in black and white in the document. I hate to tell you that, but please read it. The sad thing is that when all this initially began to occur, they wanted to vote on it before they (our Congress men and women) had even read it. Does that not bother you? Don't you want the people who vote on legislation that will run our lives at least read and study what they are going to vote on? If nothing else, at least this delay has shown them how important it is to read what they vote on. You say they can't possibly read everything they have to vote on? Well that's a scary thought, huh?

    I appreciate your recommendation to "get a grip", but I would suggest you "get a grip" and allow our representative to 1) read what they vote on and 2) listen to concerned citizens.

    I don't have time to review the plan here, but if you haven't read it, go read HR 3200 and you'll see what people were reading. We can disagree on what the ultimate goal is, and only time will tell on this, but I believe the ultimate goal is to have "universal health coverage", or a single payer system. The only reason I think this is because I've seen actual video where Obama and other liberals states this as the ultimuate goal. I personally don't want to be in this type of system so I have a problem with it. You apparently either don't believe that is the ultimate goal or don't mind long waits for medical care. You have that right, I'll give you that.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #1205  
    ... and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who has insisted that “death panels” would be created....
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  6. #1206  
    You know it is really bad when AARP has to back down due to member concerns - independentmail.com: AP News.

    Up to this point AARP has been solidly behind Barry's desire to dominate.

    As for what Sara Palin is stating - it is a logical conclusion to assume that a panel or group of whatevers will be put together to review specific issues and in areas someone has to make the decision and a panel is a nice name for a group of people who make the ultimate decision.
  7. #1207  
    A member of Mazi Horino's staff confirmed that Mazi had not read the legislation AND she did vote to support it.

    Amazing? Not really - just sheep in the pack.

    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    All I did was read HR 3200. I'll assume you read it as well. Many of the "fears" that you speak of were in black and white in the document. I hate to tell you that, but please read it. The sad thing is that when all this initially began to occur, they wanted to vote on it before they (our Congress men and women) had even read it. Does that not bother you? Don't you want the people who vote on legislation that will run our lives at least read and study what they are going to vote on? If nothing else, at least this delay has shown them how important it is to read what they vote on. You say they can't possibly read everything they have to vote on? Well that's a scary thought, huh?

    I appreciate your recommendation to "get a grip", but I would suggest you "get a grip" and allow our representative to 1) read what they vote on and 2) listen to concerned citizens.

    I don't have time to review the plan here, but if you haven't read it, go read HR 3200 and you'll see what people were reading. We can disagree on what the ultimate goal is, and only time will tell on this, but I believe the ultimate goal is to have "universal health coverage", or a single payer system. The only reason I think this is because I've seen actual video where Obama and other liberals states this as the ultimuate goal. I personally don't want to be in this type of system so I have a problem with it. You apparently either don't believe that is the ultimate goal or don't mind long waits for medical care. You have that right, I'll give you that.
  8. #1208  
    Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    The folks who are going crazy in the town hall meetings are an embarassment for the whole country. Fearful people who are being played by the insurance industy.

    I feel very sorry for the ones who might actually believe the outrageous and totally ridiculous claim that the goverment would decide who lives or dies. If YOU believe it, please make an appointment with a counselor as soon as possible and get some help because you are paranoid.

    This is such a pathetic and lame story that even teenagers wouldn't fall for it. Damn people, get a grip.

    It's just a health insurance plan. Who would be against that except the insurance companies? No matter what fake argument is manufactured against it, it's just an insurance plan.

    Please people, pull yourselves back from the brink.
    Where are all the intelligent people? Just a tad elitist on the attitude.

    You have not read the bill. Making a judgment based on NOT reading the proposed legislation? I guess we know not to look in your direction when searching for those "intelligent people". Are you a member of Congress by any chance?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. #1209  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    go read HR 3200 and you'll see what people were reading. We can disagree on what the ultimate goal is, and only time will tell on this, but I believe the ultimate goal is to have "universal health coverage", or a single payer system.
    Clem, I'm not sure if you read HR 3200 because if you did, you'd find there is not a lick of anything to do with a single payer system in the bill.
  10. #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    Clem, I'm not sure if you read HR 3200 because if you did, you'd find there is not a lick of anything to do with a single payer system in the bill.
    While that is true, the proposed changes and controls outlined for the insurance industry will likely drive the private companies out of business or into a situation where the gov't dictates exactly what the insurer can sell.

    One needs to just look into flood insurance for an example of how govt control/regulation has changed an insurance product from a widely available and diverse line of products to one gov't controlled/regulated one size fits all plan.

    I don't know about you, but I have never had much luck with the one size fits all concept. A lot of that stuff just doesn't fit me or many of the folks I know.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #1211  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    Clem, I'm not sure if you read HR 3200 because if you did, you'd find there is not a lick of anything to do with a single payer system in the bill.
    Yo....my man Lester. Go read my posts.....I did not say that single payer was mentioned in that bill. It is my belief, based on Obama speeches such as this: that Obama's plan is to get to a single payer system. Watch the video, he says it, not me. You guys crack me up. You accuse Republicans of over reacting when we are reacting to what the freaking man said. Listen to it and tell me that he doesn't say he wants to get to a single payer system, but it can't happen immediately. I hate to burst your bubble that your man is a liar, but, well....it is what it is.

    In fact, another lie he made in his democrat health care rally yesterday was when he said this "end of life issue" thing was the result of Republican Johnny Isakson from GA. Well....turns out that wasn't true either. Ooops. The man will say what he needs to say to try and get his way.

    So, you may be fine with a single payer system, and that is your perogative....your right. Based on what I've seen in other countries with a similar system, I simply don't want to be a part of that and so I have the right to fight it. And I thank YOU, as a Veteran, for allowing me the right to do that.

    Anyway....a wink back at ya!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  12. #1212  
    Oh....and by the way.....he may now be claiming he isn't for it.....but I tend to believe what someone says when there isn't a big camera around and when he isn't sitting in the White House. He's gonna say what he has to say at this point to try and down play his little slip up when he said what he really wanted. His problem back then was he didn't have prompters to help his stay "on track". He says some interesting and revealing things when he gets off those prompters.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #1213  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    You guys crack me up.
    Do you have some sort of vision in your mind that I am like all the rest of them. Whatever them are? Ha ha. Clem, maybe I crack you up, but you crack me up too. Take care bro
  14. #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    Do you have some sort of vision in your mind that I am like all the rest of them. Whatever them are? Ha ha. Clem, maybe I crack you up, but you crack me up too. Take care bro
    Did you watch the video?....or were you a little worried you might see something you wouldn't like? If you did watch it....what say you? Was I wrong? Did he say it? Come on Lester....a little quiet now?

    Not sure about having a vision about you.....but.....I did lump you in with folks who go after those of us who don't like the direction Obama wants to take health care. If I lumped you in that group in error, I do apologize.....but.....I think I probably did put you in the right group.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #1215  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Did you watch the video?....or were you a little worried you might see something you wouldn't like? If you did watch it....what say you? Was I wrong? Did he say it? Come on Lester....a little quiet now?

    Not sure about having a vision about you.....but.....I did lump you in with folks who go after those of us who don't like the direction Obama wants to take health care. If I lumped you in that group in error, I do apologize.....but.....I think I probably did put you in the right group.
    Sorry, but all I see you doing is trying to stir the pot. You are running around yelling and screaming he's a liar, he's a liar. It's my opinion that you are doing more harm than good for the conservatives that oppose the move.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  16. #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Sorry, but all I see you doing is trying to stir the pot. You are running around yelling and screaming he's a liar, he's a liar. It's my opinion that you are doing more harm than good for the conservatives that oppose the move.
    That's what is truly great about this country is I can give my opinion. I guess next you'll be saying that I'm a "plant"....that I have been asked to post on here. Quite typical in that none of you can refute the video and that is really the crux of this issue in my opinion....the distrust of Obama. Is that video wrong? Just explain that to me. I very well could be wrong but no one will explain to me what his intentions were with his statement about ultimately getting to a single payer system.

    As for the "liar" thing....well....it's fine to call Bush a liar but not good to call your man a liar, is that how it is? Bush was accused of lying about the information he was given....despite that fact that every country out there also thought Hussein had WMDs....but the liberals, after the fact when these weapons weren't found, called him a liar.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17. #1217  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    You conveniently skipped over the blacks in the HR...kind of stumped on that one? Also, how many blacks ran for the Senate? Can't vote for them if they don't run! As for President, so, until we have 12.8% of the Presidents as black, we are a racist society? Who are you? LOL

    As for blacks being in top positions....here is one thing I know about being in business....businesses these days care about the green dollar, right? They don't care if the person working for them is purple if he or she will make them money. You see, quotas might work in certain programs, but quotas just don't work in business....businesses will hire someone if they think that person will make them money.

    Oh oh.....guess what....and this will trouble you....but....how can I break this to you.....the CEO of Aetna?....you know....an evil health insurance company? Well, the CEO is Ronald Williams....a black dude: Ronald A. Williams I hope Aetna doesn't get shut down....might lose a black CEO!
    The head of merrill lynch was black I believe. The current ceo of xerox is black.

    Blacks are not hurting in this country. Blacks are heading companies and being elected to prez. of the US.

    Remember though racism only exists against black people. They never show the same behavior towards white people. wink, wink.


    lol.
  18. #1218  
    Still a bunch of crickets out there in regards to this: I'm open to a reasonable explanation to change my mind. Anything?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  19. #1219  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post

    In fact, another lie he made in his democrat health care rally yesterday was when he said this "end of life issue" thing was the result of Republican Johnny Isakson from GA. Well....turns out that wasn't true either. Ooops. The man will say what he needs to say to try and get his way.
    " In 2007, Isakson helped spearhead a failed attempt to provide Medicare coverage for an end-of-life planning consultation as part of initial preventive physical examinations. In July, during the Senate committee hearings on the Senate version of the health care bill, Isakson added an amendment that says anyone who participates in the long-term care benefit provided in the bill — if they so choose — may use that benefit to obtain assistance in formulating their own living will and durable power of attorney."

    Sen. Isakson: Health care bill's end-of-life provision not my idea - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com
  20. #1220  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    " In 2007, Isakson helped spearhead a failed attempt to provide Medicare coverage for an end-of-life planning consultation as part of initial preventive physical examinations. In July, during the Senate committee hearings on the Senate version of the health care bill, Isakson added an amendment that says anyone who participates in the long-term care benefit provided in the bill — if they so choose — may use that benefit to obtain assistance in formulating their own living will and durable power of attorney."

    Sen. Isakson: Health care bill's end-of-life provision not my idea - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com
    Sounds like a case of "he said she said", or in this case "he said he said". At Obama's democrat healthcare rally on Tuesday, he said (Obama), “The irony is that actually one of the chief sponsors of this bill originally was a Republican — then House member, now senator, named Johnny Isakson from Georgia — who very sensibly thought this is something that would expand people’s options,” Obama said in Portsmouth.

    Obama seems to indicate that Isakson is "one of the chief sponsors of this bill", which according to Isakson is totally false: “I never consulted with the White House in this process and had no role whatsoever in the House Democrats’ bill,” Isakson said. “I categorically oppose the House bill and find it incredulous that the White House and others would use my amendment as a scapegoat for their misguided policies.”

    So....to call Isakson "one of the chief sponsors" is totally incorrect. Palandri says I shouldn't use the word "lie" when it relates to democrat Presidents, so I'lll avoid that word. I think "liar" can only be used in reference to what Republican Presidents say. A bit odd, but apparently is some liberal rule....go figure....but I'm learning!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton

Posting Permissions