Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2855
    [QUOTE=palandri;1819720]It looks more like a townhall meeting on healthcare this way.

Well....it certainly is more realistic than the democrat health care rally that was held yesterday with those stinging questions by children and democrats. Zing. That 11 year old girl (whose mother is a major Obama supporter, nothing wrong with that, just saying) really went after Obama. What a set up for a Town Hall meeting. And when that one woman almost fainted when Obama winked at her....well....just brought back memories of the Obama love fests from the election.

I'm just gonna say it.....that's right....the "L" word....Obama and the democrats are telling lies. That AARP lie is just ridiculous. Of course....in fairness....it could be that the AARP is lying....but either way....there is something "fishy" going on out there and that is why the lastest Rasmussen poll shows that 53% now oppose Obama healthcare. You simply cannot trust what they are saying as it changes every day.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I don't believe in government intervention in a lot of situations, however, it appears that our property is better cared for by the state than our bodies. Police and fire departments are there for preventative and emergency procedures, however, we are left to fend for ourselves when our personal health is at stake.

So if government has to get involved here's how to do it: make all health care professionals civil servants similar to the police department. Their role will become more preventative than curative, and there will be different ranks akin to patrolman, desk sergeant, detective, etc.

Higher taxes will replace insurance premiums.

Yeah, I know, you'd have those docs that just don't care, but guess what? You have that now. I can see it now when it comes to seeking another opinion: good doc vs bad doc. David Caruso in a white coat will be just as bad an actor as a doctor.

Don't think this will work? Then let's go this route: make law enforcement use the current medical care scenario. Each citizen would have to buy police insurance with a deductible. Stolen bikes and cat in trees would require a rider. The worse your neighborhood the higher your deductible. Police commissioners would determine if your case is covered.

How about food insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    And please stop clinging on to the silly "blame the mayor" chant on the whole Katrina mess.
    It's not that silly. I do blame Ray Nagin for a fair amount of the debacle. He and his staff spent 2 days debating whether or not they could even issue a mandatory evacuation instead of doing it.
    There were no buses--
    What do you mean there were no buses? I know the children of NOLA don't walk to school.
    please stop believing the made-up stuff spread by Repubs trying to show that Bush wasn't inept.
    Bush was certainly inept in picking the even more inept 'Brownie'. The federal government's post hurricane response was pretty sad. However, the state and local government's pre hurricane response was even worse. If Katrina had been anywhere as bad as originally projected, there wouldn't have been anyone to rescue. Now, if you want to blame Bush for our full complement of National Guard troops and equipment not being available to help our own people, that's a fair criticism.
    The Fed Government steps in when it wants--it completely failed during the destruction of a major American city--utterly unforgiveable. When there are fires in California, destroying the homes of white people, they are in the next day--with portable ATM's off all things!
    Do you honestly believe that only black people's property was destroyed during Katrina?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It looks more like a townhall meeting on healthcare this way.

Eruptions at Sen. Specter’s Town-Hall Meeting - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
    Not an unexpected result when a man in power is telling another man how he's going to receive medical care. Especially when the man in power will not subject himself to the same plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascco View Post
    I don't believe in government intervention in a lot of situations, however, it appears that our property is better cared for by the state than our bodies. Police and fire departments are there for preventative and emergency procedures, however, we are left to fend for ourselves when our personal health is at stake.
    I'm less opposed to the same people who pay for and provide my fire and police protection providing my health insurance.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Obama lies again.....AARP has not endorsed the Obama health care plan. He keeps saying this....he said it yesterday at the democrat health care rally....and just the night before I heard one of the top AARP guys say it just wasn't so....they have not endorsed any healthcare plan at this point. The AARP came out again this morning and have said they are not endorsing any plan at this time. Why does Obama continue to spread these false rumors? Should this "fishy" info be forwarded to the White House? I just wish he would start telling the truth about his plan.
    Well, I just happen to be a member of AARP, and the recent mailing I got, while not outright endorsing the plan, was specifically aimed at dowsing the flames of wacko claims or lies, if you will. There's a lot of misstatements (OK, lies) on both sides. More noise is not going to help in understanding anything.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Obama lies again.....AARP has not endorsed the Obama health care plan. He keeps saying this....he said it yesterday at the democrat health care rally....and just the night before I heard one of the top AARP guys say it just wasn't so....they have not endorsed any healthcare plan at this point. The AARP came out again this morning and have said they are not endorsing any plan at this time. Why does Obama continue to spread these false rumors? Should this "fishy" info be forwarded to the White House? I just wish he would start telling the truth about his plan.
    Obama isn't stupid. His team knows that AARP hasn't endorsed his plan. He says it because he reaches more people than the AARP rep can reach. It's a numbers game. More ppl have the impression AARP supports Obama, right or wrong, because Obama owns the media. He wins.

I'm beginning to believe that they'll succeed at cramming this down our throats.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Well, I just happen to be a member of AARP, and the recent mailing I got, while not outright endorsing the plan, was specifically aimed at dowsing the flames of wacko claims or lies, if you will. There's a lot of misstatements (OK, lies) on both sides. More noise is not going to help in understanding anything.
    Thanks for at least calling them what they are.....I love how people like to tame that word "lie". Here's the problem (in my opinion) with your statement of "more noise is not going to help in understanding anything." If people had not started making noise, the democrats would have rammed a healthcare plan through and we'd now be having these discussions, after the fact. You have to make noise to make these politicians understand how serious this is. Look at all the "noise" made about the extra jets Congress wanted, and now, looks like those will not make it on their list. But because their feet were put to the fire, those extra jets will likely be dropped.

As one guy said at a meeting, there was more time spent on Obama picking his family dog than on healthcare. Did they rush to get just any family dog? No....they took their time to make sure they made the right choice. There was only one reason to rush on this, and that was to avoid people reading the bill.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ... gotcha... so we'll just keep quiet and let you guys fix this in the back room. right.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Obama isn't stupid. His team knows that AARP hasn't endorsed his plan. He says it because he reaches more people than the AARP rep can reach. It's a numbers game. More ppl have the impression AARP supports Obama, right or wrong, because Obama owns the media. He wins.

I'm beginning to believe that they'll succeed at cramming this down our throats.
    Oh I know that they knew....that's why it's a lie. If they didn't know this, then I could say it wasn't a lie. But they know what they are doing and I agree with you that something whacky will get through and we'll have another layer of government beaurocracy. The question is whether the new healthcare will cover the injuries received from it being crammed down our throats.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ....and we'll have another layer of government beaurocracy.
    I'm afraid it's a bit more than another pesky layer. This plan will directly affect our quality of life and death itself, not just "slow us down" or "cost higher taxes".

It's just wrong. Government doesn't belong there. And while we're at it, whats this bs about the government taxing soda and foods it deems unworthy?
    Well....it certainly is more realistic than the democrat health care rally that was held yesterday with those stinging questions by children and democrats. Zing. That 11 year old girl (whose mother is a major Obama supporter, nothing wrong with that, just saying) really went after Obama. What a set up for a Town Hall meeting. And when that one woman almost fainted when Obama winked at her....well....just brought back memories of the Obama love fests from the election.

I'm just gonna say it.....that's right....the "L" word....Obama and the democrats are telling lies. That AARP lie is just ridiculous. Of course....in fairness....it could be that the AARP is lying....but either way....there is something "fishy" going on out there and that is why the lastest Rasmussen poll shows that 53% now oppose Obama healthcare. You simply cannot trust what they are saying as it changes every day.
    You are starting to remind me of Chicken Little running around and yelling, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"

Last edited by palandri; 08/12/2009 at 09:29 AM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

[QUOTE=palandri;1819849]You are starting to remind me of Chicken Little running around and yelling, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"

Yes....the democrats are so good at that little ploy decided to borrow it. I'm a little embarrassed to admit using a democrat tactic...but....we'll, y'all have perfected it. Everything Obama discusses is a crisis. Remember how if we didn't do all this stimulus, the unemployment rate would go above 8%? Oops..... So many examples of this.....but.....I am not surprised a liberal noticed my tactic....shhhhhh.....can we keep this between us?

....shhhhhh.....can we keep this between us?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ummm... how does calling him out on an outright and blatant LIE equate to being a chicken little?
    ummm... how does calling him out on an outright and blatant LIE equate to being a chicken little?
    Micael......(whispering).....don't try and use logic with libs....you just have to go along with them. I've learned a good bit from this website and how these people think, or don't think....so just smile and agree.....and then make some noise. Like with Bujin....he stops communicating when he gets caught in little lies....just smile.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Here's your caring , carefully listening to our concerns in a recent town hall meeting on Healthcare.

... nevermind the cellphone... she was probably directing a missile strike in Afghanistan or something important like that.
    Let's talk about playing a game with semantics. Is this an accurate quote:

...At the town hall in Portsmouth, N.H., Obama said, "We have the AARP onboard because they know this is a good deal for our seniors." He added, "AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare."...
    Could it be that the AARP is on on board for the kind of reform he's advocating but not necessarily any specific package?

So is that a LIE?

"AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare."

Could it be that the AARP is on on board for the kind of reform he's advocating but not necessarily any specific package?

So is that a LIE?
    Is AARP endorsing a particular bill? That quote implies they are. If they are not, it's certainly misleading, and yes, approaching lie status.
    Let's talk about playing a game with semantics. Is this an accurate quote:

...At the town hall in Portsmouth, N.H., Obama said, "We have the AARP onboard because they know this is a good deal for our seniors." He added, "AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare."...

So is that a LIE?
    Per the AARP official website, a quote from AARP Chief Operating Officer Tom Nelson: “While the President was correct that AARP will not endorse a health care reform bill that would reduce Medicare benefits, indications that we have endorsed any of the major health care reform bills currently under consideration in Congress are inaccurate."

The President was trying to get folks to believe, by saying "on board" that AARP was backing the plan. How is "not endorse" the same as "on board".....it ain't. Hell, I'm for making some changes to healthcare to make it more accessible, but that doesn't mean I'm on board with their plan. So....I stand by what I said.....the Prez is trying to lie to save his program. Are we surprised?