Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 2855
  1. #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    I just tried to bring up another old thread again about what we do for a living. It seems only Woof has listed his job in the other thread, as an insurance executive. I added my former job and any of you fellas want to join it please do. Its interesting to know a person's background when you are talking with them.
    Actually I am no longer in the insurance business. Havent been for about 3.5 years.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You just did Obama a big favor by posting that chopped up anti-public healthcare propaganda video. Thanks Micael
    Here's your Obama propaganda video again, this time uncut.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    Hi Clem, I'm just trying to see what other folks are doing because it helps me understand their arguments. You already told me you represent folks for their health insurance claims as part of your job, Woof and Michael are insurance executives I reckon too. So I can see you all have a dog in this fight. Anyway, I want to see our health care system get fixed, but I don't want to see good folks like you out of a job because of it. But you all seem like pretty smart fellas, so I am sure if there is reorganization going on, y'all will find good jobs. Also, I think everyone is not giving the VA enough credit. I volunteer there and most folks I work with patients and doctors both think it a great health care system. And it should be because its the least we can do for our veterans. Anyway, I didn't mean to act smart before about the copy and paste, I was just kidding around. I am still reading up on this health care stuff, and I am thankful for your giving me that paper on the congress bill. Thanks, Les
    Les....no problem on the "copy and paste" comment, haven't thought further about it to be honest. I couldn't agree with you more about taking care of our veterans, they deserve the best care we can provide. As I mentioned in one post I don't mind helping people (our military folk) who have helped me (by providing me freedom). The reason I often have problems with government assistance is because I get really irritated helping people when they haven't always tried to help themselves. I see people in my job who are out there working hard, trying to make the best of what they have, and they can't afford health care....and I think that does suck. On the other hand, I see people who (and I'll get slammed for this) are just plain lazy and I don't see why I should be forced to help these folks when they haven't made honest efforts to help themselves. I do see people who flat out refuse to take health coverage even when their premium is minimal....folks can deny this, but I see it and it is just a fact. So....as someone who does like to help people I find myself in a bind of trying to determine who really deserves help and who doesn't. Does that make sense?

    In addition, I question whether this is the role of the Federal Government. I think many people get confused with what the Federal Government should be doing and what local governments should be doing. It really is quite simple to read what the Federal Government is suppose to provide to citizens....with the other "stuff" to be provided by states and local governments. If you don't have a link, here is a link: Historic Documents - The Constitution of the United States of America That's right....the Constitution of the United States of America. Article 1, Section 8 is pretty clear as to what the Founding Fathers had in mind for Congress to be in charge of....read the list. If you haven't read the Constitution lately....read it....pretty cool stuff if you ask me and certainly gives you a good idea as to what the folks fought and died for back then. Click the link and read it!
    Last edited by clemgrad85; 08/04/2009 at 07:36 PM.
  4. #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

    Ok, this is such BS. I had a friend of a sister of a friend that had an aunt whose insurance company refused to pay for her treatment. Blah blah blah... Please stop wasting our time with this crap. What company refused which patient? Its a lie, and you know it.
    If it's a lie, then Blue Cross also lied in their employee employment records:

    Blue Cross praised employees who dropped sick policyholders, lawmaker says - Los Angeles Times

    Also, this former insurance executive must have lied in his testimony to Congress:

    http://commerce.senate.gov/public/_f...hInsurance.pdf

    Of course, if my financial future was directly tied to the status quo, I'd probably fight against change, too.
    Last edited by Bujin; 08/04/2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5. #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Here's your Obama propaganda video again, this time uncut.
    The White House - Blog Post - Facts Are Stubborn Things
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6. #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If it's a lie, then Blue Cross also lied in their employee employment records:

    Blue Cross praised employees who dropped sick policyholders, lawmaker says - Los Angeles Times

    Of course, if my financial future was directly tied to the status quo, I'd probably fight against change, too.
    Don't be so fast to conclusion jump on this issue.

    While I'm sure there were some people denied for no reason, we have to remember that insurance fraud is huge.

    The one big case I remember, was the guy who sued... only to find out he was not forthcoming on the insurance forms about a "prior condition." On the other hand, his argument was there was too much paperwork for him to fill out. Fraud on his part? Who knows for sure... but he lost. This was many years ago...

    Sure there are people who are denied for no reason... not sure how rampant it is or if there is a serious problem...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7. #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

    Sure there are people who are denied for no reason... not sure how rampant it is or if there is a serious problem...
    According to this testimony, it's more than an isolated issue:

    Ex-executive accuses insurance giant of 'purging' customers - CNN.com
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #968  
    Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee. For those that really think national health care is the way to go you really need to look at the other programs the goverment runs and see how effective and streamline they are. They are not! None of them all the programs end up funneling monies to whom ever did the initial proposel it is a I take care of you take care of me mentality. Ask yourself if national health care was the best thing since sliced bread why is congress, the senate, the white house opting out from it. You seen the long lines at DMV's the buracrasy in filling any type of SSN, warfare, or goverment sponsor programs. You've seen the delays in recognition of our Armed Forces. You have seen how cash for clunkers is working they are only targeting those companies that have taken care of them. Can we have cash for refinicing our mortgages? can we have cash for appliances? I think all of us have forgotten the role of government, it is not to take away our individual rights and make decisions for us on how to manage our money, raise our kids, feed ourselves, etc... it is to represent us and protect our individual liberties and to establish a system where check and balances are made to better serve it's citizens. The governemt should not be trying to apeace any type of organization nor sponsor programs for illegal alliens taking away from the genuine American citizen that is law abiding and paying taxes to keep this great Nation afloat. Many of you, and you know who you are come quick to telling people come up with a better solution, my problem with that is if that was the case then we would be in congress getting the big bucks. We as citizens and free people have the right to convey our feelings to our goverment that in our opinion or our best judgement we feel that there programs are not right for us. It is there duty to educate us and keep us on the loop on the direction the Nation will be heading and how it will affect each and every one of us that is a legit American citizen not on how it's going to affect and illegal immigrant or a certain group or organization. Now my grammar is not the best nor is my english and I will tell you that I'm from Puerto Rico but I will tell you as well that I've been around the world wearing the US Navy Uniform with pride for the last 19 yrs and hopefully for another 2-3 or 5 yrs if God permits and seen how others around the world have it in retrospect of our way of living and I will not have it any other way. We need 1st of all to ensure our individual rights don't get lost and we find ourselves fighting to regain which once upon a time was fought for. So instead of asking me or anyone if we could do it better ask those that represent you and me to provide us with the means and information with no obscurity of all the processes and facts so that we are better informed and let us the PEOPLE make the decision on whats better for our COUNTRY. something this big and that can potentially impact young and old alike needs to be voted on a national level by it's people. We need new blood in congress and the senate and those lobyist need to go. They waste entirely too much money on their personnel agenda. Love our Country and take care of it because there is only one like it around the world. We need to unite as the people and tell OUR goverment that they work for us not the other way around... To all. God Bless America!
  9. #969  
    Yes....there are bad insurance executives.....there are bad police officers.....there are bad soldiers.....there are bad bank tellers.....there are bad car salesmen.....there are bad doctors....there are bad teachers......there are bad engineers.....there are bad builders.....what's your point? So why don't we just put any industry that has bad employees under the thumb of the government. Oops....but wait....we can't do that because there are bad members of Congress as well.

    I had a client recently whose son was involved in a major accident involving an ATV and his medical bills (the last time I checked) were over $140,000. This client told me recently that he was extremely happy with how the claims were processed and paid. I will be willing to bet there are more good stories of what insurance companies have paid than stories of what wasn't paid. I always thank my clients who on the rare occasion call when a claim went well because I usually only hear about the ones that went wrong (and most of those are mistakes made at the doctor's office). Point being....it doesn't make the news when thousands of claims are paid....but have one go wrong and BAM.....headlines. I'm just saying....
  10. #970  
    Anything to smear the private sector and throw the focus on what the real issues are to get their agenda passed. It's nothing about conspiracy it's about a different group of people seeing it only their way and if anyone contradicts them those are progandis and mobs. That's not right to be labeled something your not just because you are not in agreeance. Our biggest role as the people is to push back and demand facts and not bloated figures...
  11. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    I support President Obama and his efforts to reform health care. Republicans have become the party of NO. If they keep it up NObody will be voting for them.
    I want a bumper sticker that says "Slogans don't solve problems"
  12. #972  
    Guns don't kill people... Slogans kill people.
  13. #973  
    I love it how no one has said their are bad politicians, there are lying politicians, there are cheating politicians. We all heard that Arlin is facing a Democrat challenger and goodness, just to think he became a Democrat to keep from facing a Republican challenger.
  14. #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I love it how no one has said their are bad politicians, there are lying politicians, there are cheating politicians. We all heard that Arlin is facing a Democrat challenger and goodness, just to think he became a Democrat to keep from facing a Republican challenger.
    Well....maybe I didn't say "bad politician"....but if you look at my post above I did say "bad members of Congress", which in my book, is the same as "politicians".
  15. #975  
    Oh oh....things are getting pretty rough out there on health care.....Obama is now looking for poeple spreading the truth and facts about health care. Can't have that going on in America (refer to Amendment 1 of the Bill of Rights, says something about freedom of speech), you know, people speaking out in opposition of the President. That can't be good, huh? I wonder if I can report him for not being up front with Americans.

    Just saw another report of a man from Canada, Richard Newman, who needed a hip replacement and it was going to take 12-18 months to happen up there. So, he did like many people, came to the US so that he could relieve the pain that his condition was causing. He kept referring to the Canadian health care program as the "system"....you have to do what "the system" allows....you can't rush "the system". Oh oh....am I going to be reported to the Obama "goons"? Seems like I saw a movie about Big Brother watching your every move....crazy times.

    Can you imagine the out cry if Bush had let it be known that anyone opposed to the war should be reported to the White House?
  16. #976  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    ....Can you imagine the out cry if Bush had let it be known that anyone opposed to the war should be reported to the White House?
    There were numerous reports of people being interviewed by the feds who had anti-bush bumper stickers on their car. How accurate these reports were, I really have no idea, but I did read a few of them.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  17. #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    There were numerous reports of people being interviewed by the feds who had anti-bush bumper stickers on their car. How accurate these reports were, I really have no idea, but I did read a few of them.
    Yup....not sure you should rely on what is reported on the Huffington Post though I guess it would also depend on what they said....if they said "Kill Bush"....well, probably understandable.
  18. #978  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yup....not sure you should rely on what is reported on the Huffington Post though I guess it would also depend on what they said....if they said "Kill Bush"....well, probably understandable.
    I picked it up on google news. I can't even remember what they said, it was back when the Patroit act was passed.

    This may have been one of them:

    http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=4666
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  19. #979  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I picked it up on google news. I can't even remember what they said, it was back when the Patroit act was passed.

    This may have been one of them:

    firstamendmentcenter.org: news
    Well...my hypothetical quote wasn't that far off, LOL. But, the man in question did say:

    "They asked me a bunch of questions, like if he was to come into my driveway, what would I tell him," Ethredge said. "I said I'd tell him to get out as fast as he come in it. They wanted to see if I was a danger to him."

    And the Sherriff went on to say:

    "Although he didn't have a lot of use for Bush, he didn't have any intentions of causing him physical harm," Wilson said. "As far as the sheriff's office is concerned, it's a closed matter."

    The recent LA Fitness shooting shows there are many crazy people out there, so can't be too careful. I think if the same was said about Obama, you wouldn't have a problem with them checking the guy/gal out. You may disagree, but it is one thing for the secrect service (whose job is to protect the President, regardless of which party) to check out someone who could possibly be a danger to any President....and another for the White House to be requesting info on people who disagrees with the White House position on a matter. I think you would agree there is a difference there.....likely a HUGE differenc.
  20. #980  
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall a 54-page off-topic thread in the TreoCentral days about:

    (1) The worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor occurring despite explicit warnings

    (2) An unjustified, obscenely expensive war against a country that had nothing to do with (1)

    (3) The absence of WMDs in Iraq (the supposed justification for (2))

    (4) The utter lack of planning for the Iraqi occupation, which resulted in unnecessary death and destruction for both Americans and Iraqis, as well as the irrevocable loss of irreplaceable archeological artifacts dating from the dawn of civilization (for an eye-opening view of these outrages, prominently featuring Republicans and military experts, see the film "No End In Sight")

    (5) The lack of adequate armor for our troops' vehicles, and the unnecessary deaths and maiming that occurred as a result

    (6) Illegal wiretapping of American citizens

    (7) The travesty of FEMA's response to Katrina, and the human tragedy that resulted--and continues to this day

    (8) The blatant politicization of the Department of Justice

    (9) The adoption of torture and indefinite detention without trial as official American policy

    (10) The manipulation of scientific data for political ends, and the gagging and harassment of scientists who objected

    Need more?

    I know paying taxes is a drag, but why is that the only thing that arouses any passion among American conservatives anymore? Doesn't "saving America" involve something besides tax cuts once in a while?

Posting Permissions