Page 47 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 2855
  1. #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ok, you threw me with this post. How is this a bad thing?
    Just informational
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Here's good news for the average family:

    Gibbs: No tax hike for middle class

    Gibbs: No tax hike for middle class - USATODAY.com

    I certainly don't make over $250,000 a year, but this might put Micael over the edge.
    Sounds like propaganda to me... just yesterday Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said the White House was not ready to rule out a tax hike to lower the federal deficit. And National Economic Council Director Larry Summers said Obama's proposed health care overhaul needs funding from somewhere.

    So you have two brilliant economists saying "don't get your hopes up" just one day before the White House's "talking head" steps out and says "Nothing to see here folks... all is well... move along, move along...."

    The fact is, Obama doesn't have a plan to pay for what he's spent. Remember the mantra "Read my lips, no new taxes"? Can you say "Deja vu?"
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #923  
    Obama Explains How His Health Care Plan Will ‘Eliminate’ Private Insurance

    Just in case some of you still hold on to the idea that it's not his intent to get us all on single payer.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Obama Explains How His Health Care Plan Will ‘Eliminate’ Private Insurance

    Just in case some of you still hold on to the idea that it's not his intent to get us all on single payer.
    You just did Obama a big favor by posting that chopped up anti-public healthcare propaganda video. Thanks Micael
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  5. #925  
    All I know is that the "Cash for Clunkers" deal is yet another example of how this administration can't get anything right. We could debate the validity of the whole program, but bottom line is Obama and his magicians didn't anticipate how many people would use this program. Just like the Obama gang underestimated the unemployment rate and how severe things would get. They continue to guess at things and these guesses end up being wrong.....do we want them guessing about Obama health care? It's not like we can try it for a year or two and then say "oops....that didn't work....let's go back". American's health care is not something to play with when time after time Obama and his Merry Men end up being wrong.

    I hope Americans keep showing up at the "town halls" and giving it to these democrats about all these issues. It is amazing how the polls are turning and will also be interesting to see if the people who represent us hear this change. The John Stossel report the other night was extremely eye opening and hope many people saw it.
  6. #926  
    So very truce about the cash for clunkers thing. It really bothers me that my money is going to others to get money to get themselves a new car. It just ain't right. A prime example of a royal screw up - how can anyone think the government will do any better with health care.

    Also another link about health care:
    10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care - Brief Analysis #649

    Boning up on health care:
    The Hill’s Blog Briefing Room » Durbin warns other lawmakers of healthcare town hall ’sucker punch’

    and Nancy's take on it:
    Revealed: Pelosi July 31 Strategy Memo - HUMAN EVENTS


    Taxes: 2 Obama officials: No guarantee taxes won't go up
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You just did Obama a big favor by posting that chopped up anti-public healthcare propaganda video. Thanks Micael
    You're welcome. Not sure how that helps Obama though....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #928  
    Here's a simple equation to ponder... If Obama has his way, and the system now takes on an addition 50 million patients, where are all of the doctors going to come from? Maybe we'll import them from China and India?

    Bottom line is that care will have to be rationed, and since 85% of current care is focused on our senior citizens, they are the ones that will suffer the most from rationing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. #929  
    Too funny.....Paul Krugman of the NY Times was leading some panel discussion and he asked how many Canadians were in the audience. About 7 people apparently raised their hands, and he then asked how many of those people thought they had a terrible health care system.....and all 7 people raised their hands. Krugman then said, "...bad move on my part." Obviously not the answer he was fishing for.



    Pretty funny when liberals ask those in these wonderful health care systems if they like it and appear shocked when they find out they don't like it. Funny stuff.
  10. #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Here's a simple equation to ponder... If Obama has his way, and the system now takes on an addition 50 million patients, where are all of the doctors going to come from? Maybe we'll import them from China and India?

    Bottom line is that care will have to be rationed, and since 85% of current care is focused on our senior citizens, they are the ones that will suffer the most from rationing.
    I've mentioned this before....had one of the head guys from our local Medical College here in Charleston talk to my Rotary Club recently and he said the same thing. With the emphasis being on preventive care, there are simply not enough doctors in the system to handle these additional patients. It takes 7 years for a doctor to get from student to a practicing physician. So, even if new students can be talked into becoming a family practitioner, it will be awhile before they would be ready. This speaker said students will not likely be flocking to this area of medicine, however, because just not much money in it, especially with the average doctor having debt of $240k upon starting their practice.
  11. #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You're welcome. Not sure how that helps Obama though....
    It's as convincing as this flick:
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  12. #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Here's a simple equation to ponder... If Obama has his way, and the system now takes on an addition 50 million patients, where are all of the doctors going to come from? Maybe we'll import them from China and India?

    Bottom line is that care will have to be rationed, and since 85% of current care is focused on our senior citizens, they are the ones that will suffer the most from rationing.
    Do you like your crow, rare? medium? or well done?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  13. #933  
    I support President Obama and his efforts to reform health care. Republicans have become the party of NO. If they keep it up NObody will be voting for them.
  14. #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Do you like your crow, rare? medium? or well done?
    So you don't know the answer either, huh? I'd be careful about serving crow, if someone gets sick and we have Obama Care, not sure you will be able to get that person in to see a doctor in time.
  15. #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    I support President Obama and his efforts to reform health care. Republicans have become the party of NO. If they keep it up NObody will be voting for them.
    What's odd is how so many more people are going in the opposite direction and not supporting Obama Care once they get the facts. I think if Obama continues to spend everyone's money, those people who voted for "change" will be changing their vote in the next election and giving Obama the big NO.
  16. #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    So you don't know the answer either, huh? I'd be careful about serving crow, if someone gets sick and we have Obama Care, not sure you will be able to get that person in to see a doctor in time.


    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  17. #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What's odd is how so many more people are going in the opposite direction and not supporting Obama Care once they get the facts. I think if Obama continues to spend everyone's money, those people who voted for "change" will be changing their vote in the next election and giving Obama the big NO.

    ...and that is what democracy is all about!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It's as convincing as this flick:
    You're right! Both films used phoney actors!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    I support President Obama and his efforts to reform health care. Republicans have become the party of NO. If they keep it up NObody will be voting for them.
    No to single payer healthcare, and to some politically controlled committee deciding my treatment options? You betcha. They better say NO, or you're right; NObody will be voting for them.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    I support President Obama and his efforts to reform health care. Republicans have become the party of NO. If they keep it up NObody will be voting for them.
    Clearly someone who can't, hasn't or refuses to read the current plan in the House. The party of No. Cracks me up. I am not saying NO to healthcare reform. I am saying no to this healthcare reform. I am saying no to rushing it through so it cant be undone. I am saying no to paying for 'free' services for people who are here illegally. I am saying no to higher taxes.
    If you want to pay for everyone's healthcare so bad why dont you just post your credit car number(s) and I'll use them for my next co-pay.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions