Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2855
  1. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2761  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    The current level proposed by Obama is a 20% capital gains tax. Does anyone know what the godfather of REPUBLICAN tax cuts (Reagan) set his tax rate at? 20% for capital gains.

    Wait it gets better. Reagan also had his tax rate on dividend earning at 28%. Does anyone know Obama's proposed tax rate? 20%.

    So he is lower than or equal to Reagan on two of the MAJOR measuring sticks of taxation.
    You are talking about Capital Gains and Dividend earnings. Those are only two types of taxes. What is his proposal for marginal rates--possibly THE most significant measuring stick?

    However, if Obama has the lowest in these other Categories--I'll be happy to cheer him for that.

    KAM
  2. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2762  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post

    As far as who is supporting who...you are not correct. The "rich" in fact are paying a higher percentage of the overall tax intake than they were before these "bush tax cuts."

    I believe the numbers are even more skewed now, but the top 5% pays something like 50% of the tax. The bottom 50% pays about 5% and the Middle pays the rest. This is an old formula and I believe the "rich" are paying even more now, but you get the idea.



    KAM
    Is that all? If its between them getting another yacht, or the average joe having food to eat, I'd say its ok to tax the extremely rich more than we are now.

    And most of them agree with me.

    Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and George Soros all said that they should pay more taxes. If you want me to find the video clips, I can.
  3. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2763  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    reposting this so it doesnt get buried by KAM's bs:


    This is real. this isnt a joke. The first two (red), are the deficit from the tax cuts of Pres. Bush. The third (blue) is the projected effect the Healthcare proposal will have on the deficit.

    Does anyone notice the words in BOLD? Reconciliation? Ya, that same thing repubs dont want dems to use to HELP us. I guess you're only allowed to use reconciliation when you are destroying America.

    BUSH tax cut : $1.7 trillion dollars added to the deficit
    Obamacare : 100 billion dollars will be SAVED, subtracted from deficit
    You can repeat it as often as you want. I wonder where the Bandwidth monitor is?

    Anyway--you are wrong on a number of your claims. First the increase in the deficit isn't due to tax cuts, it is due to an increase in spending.
    Second, You apparently have no understanding of Reconciliation or what it does or doesn't allow. The Bush tax cuts actually fell within the rules.

    So, your overwrought little distortion of the actual situation, no matter how many times you repeat it, doesn't make it any more accurate.

    Interesting as well that you were whining about repeating oneself, when you are LITERALLY reposting the same thing. Nice hypocrisy.

    KAM
  4. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2764  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Is that all? If its between them getting another yacht, or the average joe having food to eat, I'd say its ok to tax the extremely rich more than we are now.

    And most of them agree with me.

    Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and George Soros all said that they should pay more taxes. If you want me to find the video clips, I can.
    They are free to send as much money as they want--if they wanted to pay more, they can do it--right now.

    But spare me your playing champion of the little guy.

    KAM
  5. #2765  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    reposting this so it doesnt get buried by KAM's bs:


    This is real. this isnt a joke. The first two (red), are the deficit from the tax cuts of Pres. Bush. The third (blue) is the projected effect the Healthcare proposal will have on the deficit.

    Does anyone notice the words in BOLD? Reconciliation? Ya, that same thing repubs dont want dems to use to HELP us. I guess you're only allowed to use reconciliation when you are destroying America.

    BUSH tax cut : $1.7 trillion dollars added to the deficit
    Obamacare : 100 billion dollars will be SAVED, subtracted from deficit
    Amazing how some people are so gullible. I'm still trying to figure out how I can work my personal budget the way the democrats work theirs. How does that work? Count income from taxes and savings for 10 years, but only offset it with expenses for 6 years? Oh, and counting savings in 2 areas? Yes, this is going to do wonders for our deficit
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  6. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2766  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    You can repeat it as often as you want. I wonder where the Bandwidth monitor is?

    Anyway--you are wrong on a number of your claims. First the increase in the deficit isn't due to tax cuts, it is due to an increase in spending.
    Second, You apparently have no understanding of Reconciliation or what it does or doesn't allow. The Bush tax cuts actually fell within the rules.

    So, your overwrought little distortion of the actual situation, no matter how many times you repeat it, doesn't make it any more accurate.

    Interesting as well that you were whining about repeating oneself, when you are LITERALLY reposting the same thing. Nice hypocrisy.

    KAM

    thats funny, now you want my opinions moderated? thats part of the new republican agenda. "If we dont like it, lets remove it from discussion"

    A decrease in tax revenue has the same net effect as an increase in spending. cmon, you have to know that simple math. Maybe it isnt a 1:1 ratio, but you cant tell me cutting taxes any lower will increase revenue any more. If thats the case, why dont we just have a 0% tax rate? That would just bring us out of this republican recession in a matter of weeks, right?

    the problem is, taxes are necessary. And they're even more necessary when you pass unfunded medicare programs (Bush) and start 2 wars.

    gets annoying when people repeat themselves over and over again, never bothering to refute any of your points, doesnt it? Well, at least my repeats have FACTS


    BOOM--burn
  7. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2767  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    They are free to send as much money as they want--if they wanted to pay more, they can do it--right now.

    But spare me your playing champion of the little guy.

    KAM
    This sounds to me like you didnt have an actually response so I'll just repost:

    Is that all? If its between them getting another yacht, or the average joe having food to eat, I'd say its ok to tax the extremely rich more than we are now.

    And most of them agree with me.

    Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and George Soros all said that they should pay more taxes. If you want me to find the video clips, I can.
  8. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2768  
    The point is, as wealthy Americans themselves, they believe wealthy americans as a whole should be taxed higher.

    Even if Bill Gates gave all his money to the fed, we wouldnt put a dent in the deficit Bush has laid on us. We wouldnt even pay for one tenth of the debt he signed into law with the 2001 tax cuts. We would need 30 Bill Gates just to pay for that single tax cut that Bush handed out in 2001.

    But if you raised the taxes on everyone making over say, 250,000 and families making over 500,000...well then youre on to something. Now we can start to work down that deficit that Bush has straddled the country with. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Bush. When you run a deficit, you have to either cut taxes to speed growth or raise taxes to raise revenue. The problem with cutting taxes is they're already too low. We cant survive on NO TAX RATE, although I'm sure thats what you want. Taxes are necessary.
  9. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2769  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    thats funny, now you want my opinions moderated? thats part of the new republican agenda. "If we dont like it, lets remove it from discussion"
    I said nothing of the sort. What I was pointing out is your hypocrisy, having whined about my (supposed) repetition, while you are literally reposting the same thing multiple times.

    But yes--please do play the victim against an imagined attack--I'm sure it will be quite effective.

    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    A decrease in tax revenue has the same net effect as an increase in spending. cmon, you have to know that simple math. Maybe it isnt a 1:1 ratio, but you cant tell me cutting taxes any lower will increase revenue any more. If thats the case, why dont we just have a 0% tax rate? That would just bring us out of this republican recession in a matter of weeks, right?
    Well, apparently you aren't understanding that these tax cuts did not lead to a reduction in revenue. I'm not sure of the exact optimal point (it moves a bit). Obviously (to me) a 0% tax rate doesn't work, nor does a 100%. The point is to find the optimal tax rate, ideally within a very simple system that is difficult to abuse (NOT like now).

    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    the problem is, taxes are necessary. And they're even more necessary when you pass unfunded medicare programs (Bush) and start 2 wars.
    Yes, some taxes are definitely necessary for a government to function.

    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    gets annoying when people repeat themselves over and over again, never bothering to refute any of your points, doesnt it? Well, at least my repeats have FACTS

    BOOM--burn
    Uh...sure, your selective distorted "facts" grounded in questionable understanding, perhaps, but yes, facts.

    I'm gonna go ahead and stop answering now, because honestly--I've dealt with enough wacky for today.

    KAM
  10. #2770  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Do we really want the government to decide who lives, who dies, and how?

    [Obama quote]

    We'll go from the choice of 100s of healthcare plans to one government one size fits all coverage where some beaurocrat in a basement somewhere decides if your mother gets surgery or pain killers based on a budget and cost savings to the already overburdened tax payers.
    I've been seeing this thread pop up in the past few days and ignored it, "knowing" it was started by an *****. Today I took a peek and it was instantly confirmed.

    Try paying attention to the actual discusion instead of parroting what Fox News feeds you. If you had a legitimate claim we could discuss it like adults. I want to discuss it, but not until you stop acting like a child.
  11. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2771  
    wow, I havent seen you stop all week. Must be running out of half-truths and misdirection.

    The problem here is, you think taxes need to be lower. When in reality, taxes are extremely low compared to history. Raising the tax rate from a historically low rate should not be the end all be all.


    boom..burn
  12. #2772  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    ...[P]lease do play the victim against an imagined attack--I'm sure it will be quite effective....
    It's been tremendously effective for the Republicans.
  13. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2773  
    it must be difficult as the minority, having to try to dissuade all the people on here that disagree with you KAM. Its even harder when youre using half-truths and misinformation. Sorry man, but the vote has been taken, the majority do not agree with you.

    Im sorry. You'll just have to understand thats the way the democratic process works.
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2774  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    wow, I havent seen you stop all week. Must be running out of half-truths and misdirection.

    The problem here is, you think taxes need to be lower. When in reality, taxes are extremely low compared to history. Raising the tax rate from a historically low rate should not be the end all be all.


    boom..burn
    Yeah, ok, I've got one more in me. Actually, you are revealing how little you know about history, because perhaps you aren't aware...at one time we didn't even have an income tax, and when it started it was in the single digits.

    So...no, this really isn't a historical low, but it is amusing that you think it is.

    Look, I'll try to say this nicely, but it seems like you've got a very slight grasp on "facts"--you'd be described as 'knowing just enough to be dangerous.' I'm happy to have a discussion with people I disagree with, but honestly, I just don't think that you really have a very good grasp of the issues, and I don't have the willingness to spend a lot of time constantly addressing your inaccuracy...repeatedly.

    So, best wishes,

    KAM
  15. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2775  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    it must be difficult as the minority, having to try to dissuade all the people on here that disagree with you KAM. Its even harder when youre using half-truths and misinformation. Sorry man, but the vote has been taken, the majority do not agree with you.

    Im sorry. You'll just have to understand thats the way the democratic process works.
    I imagine it is much more difficult maintaining such levels of self-delusion.

    Don't you mean "We're" sorry?

    KAM
  16. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #2776  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    It's been tremendously effective for the Republicans.
    I can't say I really wish I knew what you were talking about. Of course, if you really had something to say, you probably would have said it, so...thanks, its been great talking to you!

    KAM
  17. #2777  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    This sounds to me like you didnt have an actually response so I'll just repost:

    Is that all? If its between them getting another yacht, or the average joe having food to eat, I'd say its ok to tax the extremely rich more than we are now.

    And most of them agree with me.

    Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and George Soros all said that they should pay more taxes. If you want me to find the video clips, I can.
    I wish I could find the video of Buffett when he was on CNBC and a question came in about if he was so excited about others paying more taxes, why didn't he just donate his money to the government (rather than the Gates Charitable Trust)? He dodged the question at first, but when pressed on the issue, the only answer he could come up with was that he felt the Gates Charitable Trust could do a better job than the government....pretty simple and straight forward. So while he believes others should have to pay higher taxes on their estates, he avoids it by donating it to charity because he knows it will be better with Gates than the government.

    And so I'll repeat what I've said in here many times. Put your money where your mouth is. If you believe the government does a better job with YOUR money, when you do your tax return, if you get a refund, tell the government to keep it! Yes.....just pay more. You can do that. If you don't get a refund, and owe money....then double what you owe! You owe $2000? Send them a check for $4000. Why not? You will be helping people, right?

    People just love taking money from others....or as Joe Biden refers to it.....being patriotic. Ever seen Biden's tax returns the 10 years prior to becoming VP? Here's a link to the figures: Biden's Tax Returns Show Modest Wealth - Horserace - CBS News Anyway, his income from 1998 - 2007 was $2,450,000. Pretty sweet! I bet he must have been extremely good to charities, huh? Surely he gave at least 1% of his income to charities, right? Maybe 2%? Nope.....during those 10 years he gave $3,690 to charities! Not in one year, but total. To be fair, when he appeared on Bill Mahr and Letterman, and when he got speaking fees, he did donate that money "in honoraria" to charity.....a total of $7,625...again....over 10 years. Not sure about you, but $2.45 million is a lot of money. I'll bet that is pretty typical of a liberal Congressman. Always asking others to be "patriotic" by giving to the government.....but hey....don't open your wallet for charities.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  18. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2778  
    he knows colonel
  19. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2779  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    I can't say I really wish I knew what you were talking about. Of course, if you really had something to say, you probably would have said it, so...thanks, its been great talking to you!

    KAM
    I thougt you didn't have time to "explain" anything else to us? its ok...u can leave the majority to their wishes.

    we don't want you here either. maybe when you find some truth, your argument will hold more water.

    or maybe when someone you agree with has control of anything. you sound a lot like john boehner. you shud vote forhim for president. that or sarah palin...they're both on the same level as you. . good luck in the future
  20. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #2780  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I wish I could find the video
    it was probably on fox news, then had to be taken down because it was "accidentally" dubbed over incorrectly by an aide.

Posting Permissions