Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I just heard the live action Tick show is finally coming on. From what I read it premieres on Nov 1 @ 8:30pm. I for one am pretty psyched.
  2. #2  
    I'm waiting with my fingers crossed. It's going to be difficult to pull off just right. I'm trying to force myself not to compare too much to the animated show. I think if anyone can pull off the goofy part of the tick it's who they cast. I thought he was one of the funnier characters on Seinfeld. Delivery of the lines is the most important part.
  3.    #3  
    I agree. It will be hard to follow the animated series. I gotta admit I raised an eyebrow when I heard that David Puddy (or the guy who plays him) will be playing The Tick. He looks the part, but the voice may take some getting used to when compared to the hyper-heroic-always-projecting voice from the animated show. I've always thought Puddy was pretty funny though. I guess I should also take it as its own show though as well, rather than another version of the animated one.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by mnartker
    He looks the part, but the voice may take some getting used to when compared to the hyper-heroic-always-projecting voice from the animated show.
    Personally, never having watched Seinfeld, I was introduced to Patrick Warburton via "The Emperor's New Groove" where he played the voice of Kronk, the henchman; I kept thinking through the movie, "Y'know, that guy sounds an awful lot like the Tick," without actually knowing it was him! (I'd heard previously that Warburton was to play The Tick in the live-action show; I enjoyed the cartoon so much I hunted up the comic books and am still a subscriber.)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  5. #5  
    Man, I feel old. My first exposure to Patrick W. was in the show "Dave's World".

    I agree that he would be darn-near perfect for the Tick, but I also doubt it will survive the transition to live action.

    Let's face it, Hollywood- some things are better as live-action movies(MIB), others are better as amination (Animaniacs), others best in comics form (X-men), others in print (any of a hundred books that should have been left alone, including nearly everything by Stephen King), and a few that should have been left as beloved TV series (Mission Impossible).
  6. #6  
    Of course I doubt it will have a huge budget so it may draw enough with fans writing and voicing their opinion to make a profit. Even if a show has low overall ratings as long as the network can sell a particular demographic then it can stay around a long time.

    Course if it was on UPN who cares about the budget! I heard last week that Buffy is costing 2 million per epsisode! That's twice as mucha as the Star Trek: Next Generation cost! Must be making solid gold demons now! Either that or Sarah Michelle is getting 1.6 million per episode in salary....Anyway back to the topic at hand.

    Fox needs a better Tick screen saver. How bout one of those animated goobers like the robot from lost in space. That would be hilarious! Having tickisms spouted and squeezing peoples heads onscreen.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by briker206
    Course if it was on UPN who cares about the budget! I heard last week that Buffy is costing 2 million per epsisode!
    sounds reasonable, all things considered. Every time they dust a vamp it costs $5,000. (or was it $50,000? there's a 5 in it.) Plus they have just as many starring roles as STNG, vampire makeup, magic, fire, explosions, stunt people, it's filmed in California ...
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by mnartker
    I just heard the live action Tick show is finally coming on. From what I read it premieres on Nov 1 @ 8:30pm.
    Due to baseball it will now premiere on November 8th.
    However, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. or should that be "Tick-Time"? "Tick Tock"? I'd say this thread was Tick Talk, but that's been taken*. Do you suppose he uses Tic(k) Tacs? Is there a Tick-ometer in his car? With Tick-ed windows? Can you tell I haven't had much sleep recently?


    * Tick Talk is the title of the letters page in the Tick comic books.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Yorick

    Due to baseball it will now premiere on November 8th.
    However, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. or should that be "Tick-Time"? "Tick Tock"? I'd say this thread was Tick Talk, but that's been taken*. Do you suppose he uses Tic(k) Tacs? Is there a Tick-ometer in his car? With Tick-ed windows? Can you tell I haven't had much sleep recently?


    * Tick Talk is the title of the letters page in the Tick comic books.
    Thanks for the info, but if you don't stop that I'm going to get pretty ticked off.
  10. #10  
    SPOOOOOON!!!

    It was only a matter of time.

    - Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Burns
    SPOOOOOON!!!

    It was only a matter of time.

    - Burns

    When I do that my wife tries to strangle me........

    She just don't get it.

Posting Permissions