1.    #1  

I got this from the iPhone Blog Store email ad they sent me:

http://store.theiphoneblog.com/palm-...1A29A5626A.htm

I was surprised to see this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    No, Palm makes a headset for the Pre which apparently works fine with the iPhone.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    The Pre and iPhone use the same standard 3.5mm 4-conductor jack, so that's why.
  4.    #4  
    However many headsets DON'T seem to work on other phones. My V-Moda and UE headset won't work properly on anything but the iPhone. They're both 3.5mm.

I may try them on one other phone, but on my Nokia they did some weird voice control thing, LOL! I also thought Apple had some chip you had to license from them to get headsets to work on the iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    I just tried one on a Sony Ericsson, it only works as headphones alone, the call button won't work.

I'm still wondering how Palm got the call/end button to work on both phones.

P.S. It turns out the call button MAY work on my headset with other phones(but definitely not on Nokia N81GB, maybe the newer ones), but no pause function. Maybe that's what the Palm one does too, just call/end?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/20/2009 at 12:35 AM.

I've got the Etymotic hf2 headset, which is an iPhone headset.

I get stereo audio fine, the button works properly as call/end. When playing music, the button pauses / resumes if hit once, and moves forward a track if pressed twice.

As for Apple's proprietary chip in their headphones, that's only on the new Shuffle.
  7.    #7  
    Works fully on the Pre? I may look at that one then for my other phones.

P.S. Sketchy reviews on Amazon make me hesitant to spend that much though. I'm getting a newer Nokia so maybe only the older ones had the problem. The N81 had a standard jack so I'm unsure as to why plugging in iPhone headsets triggered the Voice Command. At the very least the headphone part should have worked, just as on the SE.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/20/2009 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Works fully on the Pre? I may look at that one then for my other phones.

P.S. Sketchy reviews on Amazon make me hesitant to spend that much though. I'm getting a newer Nokia so maybe only the older ones had the problem. The N81 had a standard jack so I'm unsure as to why plugging in iPhone headsets triggered the Voice Command. At the very least the headphone part should have worked, just as on the SE.
    It could just be that the software is set on Nokia phones to do something differently when the button is pressed. The process of inserting/removing the headset shorts the button connector and makes the phone sense the pressing of the button.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The Pre and iPhone use the same standard 3.5mm 4-conductor jack, so that's why.

Ding,Very common jack.

In that link posted above, aren't those the ones that come with the pre?

Oh and maybe we should freak out how Iphone people do since the Pre just happens to sync with itunes (which i have not used with my Pre)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I just wish there was a jack out there that would allow me to use the vibe moda duo with my centro....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.