1.    #1  
    It was inevidable. But MS released a patch for the Flight Simulator that removes the World Trade Centers. I didn't install it yet because I think I screwed up the game with some weird add-ons.

Wanna know what a sicko I am? I used to fly a Cessna into the very top of the Sears Tower then have fun watching the pieces fall down (newer versions removed this feature). I also would try to fly between the twin towers. Sometimes I could do it.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Wasn't one of their built in flights based on flying around the twin towers.?.

--David
    Actually one of the built in flights was flying around manhatten, but I'm with ernie on running into the sears tower. When you're board and the default airport is meigs (SP?) it's the biggest thing on the horizon and it's fun to watch. Now I don't think so. It's so incredibly hard to imagine that something so horrific as what happened on 9/11 happened. Such a diabolical and unbelievable action could only have come from a movie. But it's real. And now I no longer fly into the sears tower, nor do i even think of it.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
  4.    #4  
    I've just stayed away from flight simulator (for now, a cool new version is coming out soon).
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I've just stayed away from flight simulator (for now, a cool new version is coming out soon).
    Yes, with float planes, FS 2002.
    Whether it will come out in 2002 or come in 2003 like most products from Microsoft that come a year after they are supposed to.

--David
    Definetly in 2002. And it comes out next month!!! One problem, it's $60.

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    I have to confess I once deliberately crashed a 737 into the Space Needle, years ago. Now I feel kind of bad about it.
  8.    #8  
    You know, that takes some skill. I think that it's very likely the hijackers used MSFS because it is so realistic, it would be the best way to aim right at them.

Also, amazon.com has the new version (not profesional) for I think $40. Check them out.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Ok Folks!

I think all this Political Correctness stinks. people can't even play a game anymore without fellign bad. Newspaper columinists can't even express their opinions without being mobbed. People can't say whats on their mind without being seeing as insensitive!

Seems like another win for the terrorists to me.
    When you see something so horrific as this it can be expected that you will become more sensitive to it. I am not playing the game simply because I'm waiting for the new version. I WILL NOT crash anymore planes in that game into buildings for laughs. Something that once seemed like it could never become reality did and it is no longer funny to me (even when I'm bored out of my mind)

I played once at 2FPS (software rendering) and couldn't keep from crashing the Bell helicopter into the ground. It seems it took a joystick to work right

Since then I got a real graphics card and play other things...MW4 and Midtown Madness/Driver.

Tim
    Tim
    <A HREF="http://vbq1.tripod.com/"></A>
    Sometimes video games related in some way to 9/11 can make you feel good. Not long after the attack, I spent a couple of hours playing anti-terrorist scenarios in SWAT 3. It was mildly cathartic.
    Trying to learn X-Plane without a joystick results in endless crashes: into runways, into rivers, into buildings...

And F/A-18 Hornet Korea from Graphsim lets one nuke Honolulu -- provided you know the cheat that allows nukes in the training missions.

Is it possible to land the chopper atop skyscraper roofs, or does trying always lead to a crash?