Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So, I have to admit I've gotten caught up in the whole Iranian Revolution on Twitter thing. I did some research and found a few Iranian bloggers and twitterer...ers (tweeters??) and I've been following it through Twitter on the Pre. I have to say, it's really fascinating! It's a very different experience than just reading about it in the news or watching on TV. By reading the posts of the people on the ground, in real-time, you almost feel a part of it.

Yeah, it's got all the trolls and spammers and you never know who is telling the truth; who are the people revolting and who are working for the government of Iran. But it all somehow works.

If you're interested, here are some twitters I've been following:

#iranelections - Twitter Search
    persiankiwi (persiankiwi) on Twitter
    Iran (IranRiggedElect) on Twitter

But beware. Like everything in life, things aren't necessarily what they seem. Someone posted the following: "twitter is making tehran look like a warzone. chill out people! report what's happening. not what you wish happened."
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    It just feels right to post this here:

Call out the instigator
    Because there's something in the air
    We've got to get together sooner or later
    Because the revolution's here

And you know it's right
    And you know that it's right
    We have got to get it together
    We have got to get it together now:

Run through the fields and houses

And you know it's right
    We have got to get it together now

Call out the instigator

And you know it's right
    We have got to get it together now

~ Thank you for the memories, Thunderclap Newman
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    It's a pretty bizarre relationship we have with Iran. They have a real hatred towards us. I know I've read a couple of times that their evening pray ends with down with US or something like that. I don't know if that's true or not, but I have read it. At this point in time, I don' even understand why we would even want a relationship with them.

Even though we have no formal contract with them, they are some how accusing us of meddling in their internal affairs. That just seems nuts.

Iran accuses US of meddling after disputed vote - Yahoo! News
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    At this point in time, I don' even understand why we would even want a relationship with them.
    The most important reason to have a relationship with Iran is to prevent nuclear holocaust and work toward getting rid of hatred.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    great post micael. One of my favorite songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The most important reason to have a relationship with Iran is to prevent nuclear holocaust and work toward getting rid of hatred.
    Understood and a logical step. I just don't see how we can get through the hatred at this point in time. It still runs so deep in their society towards us.

Understood and a logical step. I just don't see how we can get through the hatred at this point in time. It still runs so deep in their society towards us.
    My understanding is that they have a huge percentage of younger, more moderate people. Something like 65% of Iraqis are under the age of 25, and seem to have much less hatred of us - involvement in Iraq may help those moderates have more of a decision-making role in the direction of the country.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I think you're confusing what the mullah controlled regime's written "official line" is,and what the average Iranian civilian thinks about the US.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    My understanding is that they have a huge percentage of younger, more moderate people. Something like 65% of Iraqis are under the age of 25, and seem to have much less hatred of us - involvement in Iraq may help those moderates have more of a decision-making role in the direction of the country.
    I've heard the same, though I think Gulf War I may have left them with a bad taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I think you're confusing what the mullah controlled regime's written "official line" is,and what the average Iranian civilian thinks about the US.
    You could be very correct. Do you know of any surveys that have been done to show what the average Iranian civilian thinks of the US?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You could be very correct. Do you know of any surveys that have been done to show what the average Iranian civilian thinks of the US?
    I'm looking... I've heard it said, and it would be nice to find an actual reference. My workplace blocks a ton of stuff unfortunately.

Just a side-comment: lest we forget, we can thank Jimmy Carter for the current state of Iran. His policies, or lack of action and support, led directly to the overthrow of the Shah. Say what you will about the Shah, at least he was pro US, and what the world got in his stead is a fascist theocracy that threatens nuclear war against Israel.
    Just let them be, that will end the hatred. Lol...somehow I think they still will blame the US for anything bad that happens to them, that's Sad...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Here's a couple of interesting articles basically saying what you are saying:

BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | Living in Iran: Your views

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iranians blog on election crisis

I've heard the same, though I think Gulf War I may have left them with a bad taste.
    More like the US supplying Iraq/Hussein with Mustard Gas which was used against Iranians during their 8 year war.

That can leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    Even though we have no formal contract with them, they are some how accusing us of meddling in their internal affairs. That just seems nuts.

Iran accuses US of meddling after disputed vote - Yahoo! News
    Given the long history of the U.S.'s meddling in Iran, it would be nuts of them not to think so. That's exactly why Pres Obama isn't making a lot of meaningless statements in support of either political side in Iran. To do so would easily allow the other side to then label their opposition a tool of the U.S.
    I'll have to add some of those to my followed tweeps and keep up on the action
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    More like the US supplying Iraq/Hussein with Mustard Gas which was used against Iranians during their 8 year war.

That can leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    Hi daThomas! It's been a while! Good to see you

....and low blow, btw :P
    Neda Agha Soltan

What a beautiful women Neda Agha Soltan was, and they shot her.

Iranian riot police tear gas 'Neda' mourners, vow to 'decisively' crush demonstrations

Neda Agha Soltan

What a beautiful women Neda Agha Soltan was, and they shot her.

Iranian riot police tear gas 'Neda' mourners, vow to 'decisively' crush demonstrations
    I'm curious to know what you and the OP believe you're romanticizing regarding the events going on in Iran currently?

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm curious to know what you and the OP believe you're romanticizing regarding the events going on in Iran currently?

Give me a more defined question, and I'll answer it the best I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast