1.    #1  
    If you read The Onion, they've come up with a truely world class one today. If you are not familiar with The Onion, it's simply one of the best parody sites around. Go Here.

* Disclaimer: There is some language at this link that might offend. I didn't write it, so don't click on the link if you are offended at seeing a few "off-color" comments.
    Well, in its truest forms, satire ain't pretty cause it don't flinch. Some of it may be in bad taste, but, well, some of it is so dead on you can't deny it.
    That rocks. Not PC, but the Onion rarely is. It almost tops their post-election edition, which was hysterical. The only reason it doesn't top it is that the underlying material is more serious.
    Anybody here read Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein? Great book. In it, he claims that all humor is based directly in "wrongness." It's pretty accurate, IMO. Think of any joke you can, anything that makes you laugh, and I'm willing to bet the very thing that makes you laugh is the injustice or evil within the joke.
    Originally posted by LarryN
    If you read The Onion, they've come up with a truely world class one today. If you are not familiar with The Onion, it's simply one of the best parody sites around. Go Here.

* Disclaimer: There is some language at this link that might offend. I didn't write it, so don't click on the link if you are offended at seeing a few "off-color" comments.
    Ironic that I seem to remember you placing me on ignore for 'never contributing anything positive'. Well, if you honestly did, then you won't see this, but anyone that likes the Onion may also like BBspot. They had a rather funny one as well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I have both the Onion and BBSpot as AvantGo channels. Funny stuff.

I found a more poigiant link in the little sidebar on the terrorist one:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/go...dont_kill.html

I think that pretty much covers it.
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    I have to say that I am impressed with the Onion. I'm printing these articles.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Soul Raven
    I have both the Onion and BBSpot as AvantGo channels. Funny stuff.
    I didn't realize that BBspot has an Avantgo Channel?! Thanks for the tip, I just added it. I already had The Onion mobile version.
    I've been following the Onion for years, my favorite had to be when they covered the whole Value Jet fiasco.. especially when they resumed flights.. It's no longer on line, but the headline was "VlaueJet resumes flights to ocean floor" classic.. loved every word... So politically incorrect -- ahhh --

Another favorite is http://www.despair.com/ I am one of those people that HATE those inspirational posters and this web site was like a breath of fresh air..

(example)
    CONSULTING

"If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem."
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    "The Onion just got smaller, and harder to read."

Hmmm. Do YOU agree with this statement ?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle