Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Would Obama use a Palm Pre?
    nope, email needs to get stronger on this phone.. and maybe bigger keyboard.. maybe the Pre2(or business oriented device) when the WebOS gets a little better/stronger with email and Palm Aims for RIM(blackberry)!!
    Heellllll no. A version 1 phone with version 1 (buggy) software.

I love my Pre, but for the Pres? No way.
    The BB was already light years ahead of the Pre on security, but RIM had to redesign it to make a hardened unit for the President. Not gonna happen any time soon.
    fraid not. He's still the greatest president I've ever seen!
    Barfff
    No he would not use the Pre, but would give bail out money to the successful Blackberry company just so he can continue using his. KIDDING.

All jokes aside, yea the Pre's security isn't anywhere near the BB interface, so I highly doubt he would use the Pre.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    The real question is would Palm get 100 billion in bailout money if he did?
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    fraid not. He's still the greatest president I've ever seen!
    Is there a "No Thanks" button?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    No, he would be unable to close any applications as he is only capable of sliding left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    No, he would be unable to close any applications as he is only capable of sliding left.
    I disagree with the sentiment but that was a good joke
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    Would Obama use a Palm Pre?
    I hope not. Then I'd have to return mine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I beleive he has a special BB developed just for him. The Presidents are not allowed to use there won cell phones OR any PDA due to security concerns.

WASHINGTON - He says he kicked his nicotine habit on the way to the White House, but President Obama still has a BlackBerry jones.

After once vowing that the Secret Service would have to pry the device out of his hands, Obama now has worked out an arrangement that lets him hang onto the tool despite the concerns of his security advisors.

Obama’s new BlackBerry will come with software approved by U.S. intelligence officials, allowing him to communicate with friends, family and close associates without fear of hackers reading his private e-mail.

But given the issues it raises of public access to presidential correspondence, the decision also underscores Obama’s devotion to technology. George W. Bush gave up personal e-mail upon entering office, fearing he would create a public record with every touch of the “send” button. Bill Clinton has been reported to avoid e-mail even today.

“With all due respect to Presidents Clinton and Bush, they didn’t really grow up with these mobile devices,” Roger Entner, a telecommunications analyst with the Nielsen Company, said of portable e-mail devices. “President Obama is like so many others of his generation—this is the device that helps determine how he perceives the rest of the world.”
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    No he would not use the Pre, but would give bail out money to the successful Blackberry company just so he can continue using his. KIDDING.
    Why stick the "KIDDING" on there? That's a perfectly reasonable scenario. He wanted green cars, so he handed Chrysler to Fiat. He needed to pay back the unions, so he gave both GM and Chrysler to the UAW. Why presume he wouldn't get involved in the smartphone market?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Mods...you know what to do and where this thread is gonna go.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    wow you really need to open your eyes if you think O is a great president. We were told we had to bail out the banks, GM, Chrysler, Tarp....yet all of these failed. We did nothing but waste tax payers money. The gov has over stepped its authority by going into the private sector and firing CEO's. Many companies Bank of American CEO was on just last week telling his story of how his company was forced to by merrill lynch or that he would be fired.

So yeah open your eyes to what the government is doing, its slowly taking away our rights and most people just can't see it.

I'll leave it at that, cause I know this will just cause a **** storm. No I'm not a rep or dem, I just want our gov to follow our constitution. Both parties need to start standing up for the values our country was founded on.

yeah O is the one leading us down the road disaster and warp speed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Mods...you know what to do and where this thread is gonna go.
    Nah. Let it ride.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    He inherited this crappy economy made by the last administration letting these companies do what ever the hell they wanted to do to the people. ..and bailouts started under Bush!

..and no, he wouldn't use a pre. This phone you have to handle like a baby because it is not tough at all. Probably the most fragile phone on the market, and the president does not need to worry about his phone!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    who your dump. What cause this economy to fail like it has? The housing market and all of these made up loan programs. Which btw was started by Clinton with the equal housing opportunity act which forced banks to give loans to people that couldn't pay them back. IF the banks failed to give the loans they faced huge fines.

No doubt that 2nd Bush made some really bad decisions in his last 4 years. However what O is doing now is an outright crime. His bails outs have failed, will continue to fail. Now he wants to force socialized heath care which will put us in more debt.

So lets blame bush for the 12 trillion of bail outs that O did in his first 100 days in office. Really when does O going to be a big boy and accept his own failures and stop trying to blame bush?

Our grand children will be paying off these depts, and most likely will be speaking mandarin chinese
    Going way to far off topic guys - Closed
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's