View Poll Results: What should America's national anthem be?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Star Spangled Banner

22 66.67%
  • America the Beautiful

7 21.21%
  • God Bless America

1 3.03%
  • MY stange idea (see below)

1 3.03%
  • Other

2 6.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Soul Raven
    Well, someone has to ask....
    How do you come to that conclusion?

According to the Pledge of Allegiance we are "one nation under God". Our currency proclaims "In God We Trust". The Declaration of Independance states that people are entitled to "separate and equal Station" from "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God". One of the main reasons that our country was founded so that people would be free to worship how they want without suppresion from other people or the government. Now I am going to have to track down the study, but I believe that an overwhelming majority of Americans believe in God. Our country is all about God....
    Answers to these questions and other related issues can be found at The Freedom From Religeon Foundation. Oh except perhaps the part about the overwhelming majority of Americans believing in god. My response to that is: so what?

By the way, here is another relevant site:
    Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    I reread that article I linked to in my previous post and I noticed that it does deal with the issue of overwhelming majority of Americans believing in god. It's under the heading, "What about majority rule?" Basically the answer that FFRF gives is the same one I gave (rudely, sorry about that). That fact (whether true or not) is irrelevant.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123