View Poll Results: Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme, which do you prefer?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dunkin Donuts

26 37.14%
  • Krispy Kreme

39 55.71%
  • Other

5 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My brother-in-law and I are debating donuts, so I decided to take a scientific poll. Which do you prefer?

As a side note I once (in college) patronized a topless donut shop in Colorado called "Debbie Does Donuts".
    Last edited by Doggy; 09/13/2001 at 03:14 PM.
    Krispy Kreme. However, I don't understand the spelling of the name. Usually, if one word starts with a K and the other with a C, I can understand both being spelled with a K. However, in this case, BOTH are spelled with a C. It's a mystery of the universe.
  3.    #3  
    I Kan't give you a KonKrete answer as to why the owners chose to inKorreKtly spell their moniCer.
    Those Krispy Kreme glazed donuts are nasty!
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    *sigh*

I wish the twin cities would have donut shops, their so rare!

I've only ever been to a dunkindonuts once, and never to a krispy creme - let me tell you thoug, that these donuts were CHEAP!!! HOLY ****! In MN, the only place is to buy the nastiest grocery store ones, or super expensive bakery items. WHERE IS MY MIDDLE GROUND!?!?! I WANT DONUTS!!!

I enjoyed my 4 glazed donuts from dunkin - (I was hungry!)

-md
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  6.    #6  
    Galley, nasty good or nasty bad? I think they are too sweet!
    Duncan Donuts. There aren't any Krispy Kreme's near me, it's that simple. On my way to school, I pass at least five Duncan Donutses.

Why Krispy Kreme?

It was really supposed to be Prispy Preme, but their stowaway keyboard got coke spilled on it and the P didn't work, so they used K's.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Duncan Donuts. There aren't any Krispy Kreme's near me, it's that simple. On my way to school, I pass at least five Duncan Donutses.

Why Krispy Kreme?

It was really supposed to be Prispy Preme, but their stowaway keyboard got coke spilled on it and the P didn't work, so they used K's.
    LOL!!
  9.    #9  
    So far it seems techhies prefer Dunkin Donuts and from my other polls, football fans prefer Krispy Kreme, and hockey fans prefer Tim Hortons. Still conducting the survey.
    My wife would Say KK, but I am a DD man myself. My family used to stop at one in Austin on the way to Colorado when I used to go camping as a kid. I love their bavarian creme filled munchkins. MMMMM
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Seem like the question is Adult onset diabetes or Type II Diabetes.

I had my first KK a few months ago. Didn't like it. I have one donut about every six months to remind myself why I don't like them.
    I'll bet the "C" was broken on their keyboard. K is the next logical letter to use.
    I saw that everyone else had a signature and I felt left out, so here is mine.
    Krispy Kreme donuts are right tasty, but (IMO) they really must be consumed within about 20 minutes of their creation, while still warm and fresh, to be truly enjoyed. After that they seem to get kind of soggy from all that glaze.

Having grown up in New England, that Dunkin' Donuts stronghold, I vote without hesitation for Dunkin' Donuts. There is NOTHING to compare with the Chocolate Honey-Dipped donut. Nothing. Their coffee is also surpisingly good (and consistent) - cheaper and (IMO) better than Starbucks.

Unfortunately, there is not a single Dunkin' Donuts in the greater Los Angeles area, and nothing that really takes its place, despite the fact that there's a strip mall on every block and a donut shop in every strip mall. I haven't been all that impressed by Winchell's.

A donut shop that I feel deserves an honorary mention, though: Brighton Donuts (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?...77.615799&cs=4), in Rochester, NY (out towards Pittsford.) If you like donuts and you're ever in Rochester, make it a point to stop on by and get an 'Orange Stick', which is a glazed cake donut made with orange marmalade.

Oh, and if you make it over to Buffalo, Tim Horton's is definitely worth a stop.

Anyone else from New England remember Mister Donut? There used to be one in Holden, MA - the donuts always tasted like stale cigarette smoke.

Actually, I don't have donuts too terribly often - it's usually only when someone brings them into the office or when I go get my Saturn serviced. I'm sure the dearth of good donuts in L.A. helps.

-Andy
    Krispy Kreme--but only if fresh. It is a delicious smell to drive by a Krispy Kreme and whiff the fresh, hot donuts.

I like Dunkin' Donuts donut holes better, though.

Wasn't Krispy Kreme founded somewhere around here?
    Originally posted by maddog
    Galley, nasty good or nasty bad? I think they are too sweet!
    Well, I've never heard of "nasty" being used to describe something good, so they must really be bad.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Wasn't Krispy Kreme founded somewhere around here?
    That was the easiest Web research I have ever done. Krispy Kreme has a web site with a history page. From that:
    In 1933, Vernon Rudolph, the founder of Krispy Kreme, bought a doughnut shop in Paducah, Kentucky from a French chef from New Orleans.
    After some disappointments searching for a new location, Rudolph settled in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. During the late 1930s the city was developing into an economic hub in the Southeast ...
    On July 13, 1937, the first Krispy Kreme doughnuts were made and sold at the new Winston-Salem shop.
    I never said I wasn't lazy
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I never said I wasn't lazy
    I am sorry. I did not mean to infer that at all. I was just amazed at how easy the research was. I guess I am easily amazed. Usually when I try to do some information search it takes some effort searching for an appropriate web site and then searching for the information I want. I was just amazed by how quickly I found the info. Yahoo search for "Krispy Kreme" then right there on their home page, the first link was "History".

p.s. Thanks again for the image.
  19.    #19  
    When they say a pitcher has a "nasty slider" or "nasty curveball", it is considered a very good pitch!
    I agree with usonian2001 (being from New England myself as well), Krispy Kreme has excellent (although limited selection) doughnuts (I've had Krispy Kreme doughnuts from Florida, Las Vegas), but Dunkin' Donuts has (far) better coffee as well as a larger variety of doughnuts choices.. I had Dunkin' Donuts withdrawals when I was out in LA a few years ago.. it was nice to get back to the Boston area just to be able to get a decent cup of coffee.. I think the best combination would be to get coffee from Dunkin Donuts and a dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. We are just waiting for Krispy Kreme to finally invade the New England area.. soon I heard..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast