Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who done it?

Want to see something freaky?
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...nset.com#link1

Aug.31
    this dude calling himself "Xinoehpoel" started the discussion tread linked above with the title "911"

He started the tread with:
    Something is going to happen tomorrow. This is a witness against everyone on this newsgroup. I hate this newsgroup, and everyone on it sucks. REPENT! You are all evil liars! Do not be so evil, and be holy. You are going to get me killed because of the truth of my mouth. I am not telling you what is going to happen until it does, because an EVIL and adulterous generation seeks for
    a sign.
    So...on 9/1 when nothing happened, others in the tread started to call his BS...

Sept.4
    He made this post:
    Wait 7 days, and then maybe I'll answer this post. You see, I am going away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.

X
    7 days from Sept.4 is Sept.11!!!

Sept. 6
    He made another post:
    I said it was a witness, ie. a testimony. The testimony always comes before the prophesied judgment. For if I no testimony had been delivered, you would not be guilty of sin. If you've been tracking me at all, you know the prophesies I have made. The testimony had nothing to do with any cataclysm as you now suggest. Truly, you only see what you want to see, and for this reason, people must be destroyed, because although they can see, they are
    yet blind.

X
    Then the tread degraded into rubbish...

Sept. 11
    He started another tread:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...tor.lanset.com
    7 days ago I said in 7 days from then I would explain the meaning of my 911 prophecy. A witness against everyone in America!!! US, the cry of your sins has reached unto heaven!!! Now I go away. The witness is thus completed. After the witness, if the people don't repent, there will AN EVEN GREATER witness, and an EVEN GREATER punishment if the people do not repent. (Of course they wont! Only individuals repent, never the whole nation!) Don't be stupid SUSA. Bin Laden is not responsible for these attacks. SATAN himself,
    the GOD of the EARTH is responsible for these attacks, your own KING!! Check your history, you'll see! They are a test to see if Americans are STUPID ENOUGH to go to war with a completely INNOCENT country over it. To see if America is STUPID ENOUGH to arrest INNOCENT people over it.

DAMN YOU CHRISTIANS!!!!!!
    DAMN YOU POLICE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMN YOU GOVERNMENT WORKERS!!!
    DAMN YOU MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMN YOU TEACHERS!!!!!!!!
    DAMN YOU CHRISTIANS!!!!!

The cup of your sin in almost full. God is going to pour out his wrath all over America. Get the hell out right now. Do not be partakers of the sins. Quit your jobs. Go out into the deserted areas of the earth. Live there instead. The world will be destroyed. This is unavoidable. You can only try to take a few people with you as you go. What more can you do?

X
    Yeah, I know probably some crazy loon that made an intitial lucky guess, then ran away with it....but...

What do you guys think?

By the way, I post this not to make lite of the tragedies in NY, Virgina, and Phil. The attacks were horrible. I just thought that this thing that I found was interesting.

Peace!
    Last edited by Fat_Man; 09/13/2001 at 12:01 AM.
    Fat's
    The time it posted on Google might suggest that it was written _after_ the attacks.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I don't know--it looks like the first ones were posted well before September 11

What does Xinoehpoel refer to?
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I don't know--it looks like the first ones were posted well before September 11

What does Xinoehpoel refer to?
    Leopheonix spelled backwards?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up...

I wondered if there was a reference in the Bible or Koran or other text that may be relevant.

The original thread is definitely freaky.
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I've forwarded the information to the FBI tips website. Who knows, if this isn't a hoax, maybe they can trace the poster and gather some useful evidence or intel that will help us track down the bastards behind this.
    The time it posted on Google might suggest that it was written _after_ the attacks.
    Depending on the time zone of the server.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    What does Leopheonix refer to? I've never heard of it...

I just did a Google search and came up with this:

http://www.phoenixfirst.org/church/pastors/leo.htm

It's the "Phoenix First Assembly of God" and the Pastor's name is "Leo Godzich"

This is intriguing...
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up...

I wondered if there was a reference in the Bible or Koran or other text that may be relevant.

The original thread is definitely freaky.
    It's probably some wacko religious/nostradamus nut from Phoenix named Leo that can't spell.
  10. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Actually, there is a lot of follow-up discussion already on that google thread.

For example:

--

Yup, as you say this happens so often. The main thing you need to
    realise with this thread is that it was started on 31st of August for
    an event that would happen "tomorrow" i.e. the 1st September. Noone
    seems to have realised yet that this STILL fits in with the 911
    subject. This year, X had two shots at getting a date matching 911.
    The first one, he missed. That was

9/1/1

See? Once that went past he tried again on the 4th of September
    predicting 911 mark II, i.e. 9/11 and with that one he struck gold.

It's a total coincidence, based on something that's tried practically
    every year. What I want to know is where the first 15-20 posts of
    this thread have gone.

Frękstone
    Last edited by Rob; 09/13/2001 at 12:48 PM.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    Depending on the time zone of the server.
    Well, I looked at the newsgroup, not just at Google:
    Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
    Subject: 911 GOD HELLP US!!!
    Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:36:47 -0700
    Which suggests it was posted at 7:36:47 AM on a server in the PDT time zone or Arizona (since they don't acknowledge daylight savings time). That puts it at 10:36:47EDT by which time even the Pennsylvania crash would have been public knowledge.
    Originally posted by Rob
    Actually, there is a lot of follow-up discussion already on that google thread.
    Besides, are you going to trust info from a _Nostradamus_ newsgroup?
  13. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

Well, I looked at the newsgroup, not just at Google:
    Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
    Subject: 911 GOD HELLP US!!!
    Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:36:47 -0700
    Which suggests it was posted at 7:36:47 AM on a server in the PDT time zone or Arizona (since they don't acknowledge daylight savings time). That puts it at 10:36:47EDT by which time even the Pennsylvania crash would have been public knowledge.
    I think you are looking at the wrong post, though. The subject of the Xinoehpoel's first post was simply "911" and was apparently dated 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

The "Wait 7 days" post had a subject of "Re: 911" and was dated 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Of course, the real way to know would be to talk to the other people who frequented that newsgroup and ask them when they read those posts. From looking at the follow-up posts, it appears that several people did read those before 9/11
    Originally posted by Rob
    I think you are looking at the wrong post, though. The subject of the Xinoehpoel's first post was simply "911" and was apparently dated 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

The "Wait 7 days" post had a subject of "Re: 911" and was dated 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Of course, the real way to know would be to talk to the other people who frequented that newsgroup and ask them when they read those posts. From looking at the follow-up posts, it appears that several people did read those before 9/11
    I probably mixed up a few posts. *shrug* Regardless, the guy is still undoubtedly a loon.
    Regardless, the guy is still undoubtedly a loon.
    so was Hitler
    so was Hitler
    And your point is?
    Just for the heck of it, I went to the alt.prophecies.nostradamus newsgroup, to see the original thread. It's totally empty. I have a few news servers available to me (giganews, meganews, @Home, Verizon) that regularly keep posts around for up to a month. However, this ng is empty. Unless somebody dumped the NG from thier hosting server (which I suppose is a real possibility with all the hits it's been getting., there hasn't been anything in there quite a while.

This same thread started in the Bimmer.org boards (BMW enthusiast messageboard) on Tuesday, and it was also reported then. So, if it's real, then it's aready being worked on.
    And your point is?
    You can't always dismiss the potential dangerousness of some people just because you think they are loony.
    You can't always dismiss the potential dangerousness of some people just because you think they are loony.
    I wasn't. I was dismissing his potential for believability as a prophet. However, it is also more flawed to think that every loon is a potential Hitler. Hitler did not gain power by being a loon and making wild predicitions. He did it the old fashioned way: elections and exploitation of socio-economic conditions. His 'looniness' wasn't widely discovered until after he was in power. Trying to compare some nut on a newsgroup to Hitler is a stretch (and the type of thing that inspired Godwin's law).
    I wasn't. I was dismissing his potential for believability as a prophet.
    I think the idea wasn't that he is a prophet but that he might have been involved. (Kinda like the idea wasn't that the most relevant of the quoted posts was the one written after the strike.)

However, it is also more flawed to think that every loon is a potential Hitler.
    In your opinion.

Hitler did not gain power by being a loon and making wild predicitions. He did it the old fashioned way: elections and exploitation of socio-economic conditions.
    And since you evidently do not know who "Xinoehpoel" is/was, you don't know whether his activities are limited to acting looney and making predictions.

Trying to compare some nut on a newsgroup to Hitler is a stretch
    Yeah, probably. But won't be the first time a "stretch" has occured here on ole VC.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast