Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Hey K.C., I like your avatar. Do you have a larger version of it?
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I think the idea wasn't that he is a prophet but that he might have been involved. (Kinda like the idea wasn't that the most relevant of the quoted posts was the one written after the strike.)
    Then wouldn't the proper authorities be a much more appropriate place for the information rather than VC?
    In your opinion.
    No, it's a statistical reality. How many loons are there out there? There are probably millions of crazy people in the US alone. How many Hitlers have there been?
    And since you evidently do not know who "Xinoehpoel" is/was, you don't know whether his activities are limited to acting looney and making predictions.
    Perhaps not, but I know that Hitler didn't use any pseudonyms to acquire his position or advance his agenda.
    Yeah, probably. But won't be the first time a "stretch" has occured here on ole VC.
    And if everyone else was jumping off of a bridge...?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Rob
    Hey K.C., I like your avatar. Do you have a larger version of it?
    Thanks, Rob. This was, in fact, a larger picture that someone emailed to me. I'll be glad to send it to you if you would like.
    Kelley
    I would greatly appreciate it if you would send it to me.

Thank you.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by Toby
    Then wouldn't the proper authorities be a much more appropriate place for the information rather than VC?
    I don't blame the F-M for running it by us first. We are notoriously clever here (tongue in cheek!) and, furthermore, it did get to the authorities via Rob.

No, it's a statistical reality. How many loons are there out there? There are probably millions of crazy people in the US alone. How many Hitlers have there been?
    My father, an actual statistician at the Savannah River Site, no less, is fond of using the quote about lies, damn lies, and statistics. (He also insists on telling everyone the joke about the statistician who drowned in the river b/c it was 3 feet deep on average.)
    Perhaps you should have originally said "It is more statistically flawed to think every loon is a potential Hitler." And I could have said "It is less self-preserving to think that every loon might not be a potential Hitler."

And if everyone else was jumping off of a bridge...?
    Um, Geronimo?

Kelley
    Originally posted by GSR13
    I would greatly appreciate it if you would send it to me. Thank you.
    I'll send it to anybody who wants it, just private message me with your email addresses.

God Bless America!
    Kelley
    I don't blame the F-M for running it by us first. We are notoriously clever here (tongue in cheek!) and, furthermore, it did get to the authorities via Rob.
    I don't 'blame' him for anything either. I'm also fairly sure that the authorities probably knew about this loon already.
    Perhaps you should have originally said "It is more statistically flawed to think every loon is a potential Hitler." And I could have said "It is less self-preserving to think that every loon might not be a potential Hitler."
    Except raw statistics aren't the issue here. It's flawed on other levels as well. Just because Hitler was a loon and killed lots of people, it does not follow that if Xinoehpeol is a loon that he will kill lots of people. Being a loon and killing lots of people is not a causal relationship. If it were, there'd be lots more dead people around. It is simply irrational and not supported by reality to see every loon as a potential Hitler.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    I don't 'blame' him for anything either. I'm also fairly sure that the authorities probably knew about this loon already.
    Here's hopin'

Being a loon and killing lots of people is not a causal relationship.
    I believe that anyone who kills another person is, on some level, loony. Therefore, if you know that by definition (mine) a murderer is going to be loony, it pays to watch the loons before they strike. And don't bring up the M'Naughten test. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, very mild paranoia (or you could call it heightened awareness) of loons is a good idea.

It is simply irrational and not supported by reality to see every loon as a potential Hitler.
    I didn't say that every loon was more likely than not to be a Hitler. "Potential" leaves a lot of room, IMHO.
    Furthermore, aren't you assuming that I want to make decisions that are "supported by reality." (Okay, I'm kidding about that part.)
    Kelley
    I believe that anyone who kills another person is, on some level, loony. Therefore, if you know that by definition (mine) a murderer is going to be loony, it pays to watch the loons before they strike. And don't bring up the M'Naughten test. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, very mild paranoia (or you could call it heightened awareness) of loons is a good idea.
    Perhaps, but it's horrible logic. It's like assuming that all Christians are White Supremacists simply because the Christian Identity movement is considered "Christian".
    I didn't say that every loon was more likely than not to be a Hitler.
    No, but you certainly implied that this loon should be considered the same level of threat.
    "Potential" leaves a lot of room, IMHO.
    *sigh* So, because you're potentially a man (with the proper operation), your husband should start being concerned that he's gay?
    Furthermore, aren't you assuming that I want to make decisions that are "supported by reality." (Okay, I'm kidding about that part.)
    heh...well, maybe you are, or maybe you're just a loon.
  10.    #30  
    When I first post the links to the 911 tread, I didn't expect a discussion on the validity of "loon"-ity.

I heard about the tread from a talk radio program. I just thought that the tread was interesting, and that my fellow visorcentral friends would find it interesting also.

I never really consider that tread to be serious, but in light of the coincidence in the date...it was just so eerie. And then there's alway the human element of "I know something you don't know", so there just might be a chance that this dude might knew something and was just dying to tell.

Hell, he may be Mr. Bin!!

Oh yeah...for the record, I'm not a vistor to the alt.prophecies newsgroups .

Anyway, let's keep the focus, there are many people in NY, VA, Phil, and the rest of the US that have lost love ones. The news coverage of family members standing near the disaster site, holding pictures and description of their loved ones... just heart-breaking.

It's like the people that they loved and care about were taken from them so fast that the pictures are the only thing that they could hold on to...
    Fat's
    F-M:
    Thanks for the orignal post, I certainly thought it was interesting, and please don't misinterpret my current "debate" with Toby to indicate any non-feeling on my part. (Cf. my postings at this thread). I think my tear ducts are totally and completely dry; luckily my arteries and wallet are not yet, so hopefully I can keep helping on that end.

The other reason I thought your post was interesting was because of the Nostradamus (sp?) rumor that is floating around.

I usually avoid debates with Toby, having gotten trounced once or twice before because of his excellent debate skills, but I couldn't help myself but argue the definition of a loon, possibly being one myself.

Kelley

P.S. Toby, I won't tell my husband what you said!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12