Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by D ev R ay 4Real
    Honestly Yorick is your identity really important right now?

it's important to me. Isn't yours important to you?

Because it just sends the wrong message all together.

In what way?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick
    Originally posted by D ev R ay 4Real

...it just sends the wrong message all together.

In what way?
    Yeah? What way? I'm not really into off-topic posting. I've liked Yorick's avatar ever since I saw it. If we read about the original Yorick I think this avatar is very suitable during this wave of humanity and compassion that we're witnessing (and in which the very best participate.)

Without going into detail, if you're not familiar with Shakespeare, grab a doc reader and a Hamlet doc from memoware.

In this same vein, I didn't mind Bret Snyder's flying his colours all along.
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    Originally posted by mrknowitall
    I've liked Yorick's avatar ever since I saw it.
    Thanks.

If we read about the original Yorick I think this avatar is very suitable during this wave of humanity and compassion that we're witnessing (and in which the very best participate.)
    A quick analysis and a link to the specific passage are here.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I apoligize Yorick, I wasn't thinking when I said that. You have the right to show your identity any way you see fit.

Again I am sorry for that, at the time I couldn't see how anyone would want a skull (a symbol of death) associated with them right now. Looking back however I was very irrational with my statements, and I thank you for not trying to mix the US flag and a skull together.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    It's okay. It's an irrational time.

I know it's commonly seen as a symbol of death, but I think of it in the opposite way -- one of life. To wit, from my long-ago post about my screen name (over here):
    "I have always thought of the skull as the most important bone -- it protects your brain, without which you're pretty much just an oxygen/nitrogen processing plant."
    Tho I'm sensitive enough to know its usual symbolism.
    How do I add an avatar? I can't seem to find a link for it.
    Originally posted by javabird
    How do I add an avatar? I can't seem to find a link for it.
    I think it's under the Edit Options or Edit Profile after you click on User CP.
    Thanks!
    JavaBird -

Can I request that you change your avatar to have the Union of the flag (the blue field with stars) in the upper left hand corner. Please see item number 8.

If you need help changing the avatar, I will be glad to edit the image for you.

Respectfully,
    - Jeramy
    Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that. I will fix it!
    TealPoint has made an excellent hack available for free. Anytime you power up or down, an American flag with the motto "United We Stand" pops up briefly. Get it from PalmGear here or from TealPoint here.

You'll need Hack or X or Teal Master. I prefer X-Master, it's free!
    Color is on my mind - I dream in color...
    You know when you have been around computers for too long...you dream in digital.
    Originally posted by javabird
    Thanks for the link, I didn't know about that. I will fix it!
    I didn't either, but I work with a former Social Studies teacher that pointed it out to me the other day.
    My local paper published a list of rules for proper display of the flag, which I thought to be quite timely, especially in light of the usual crappy content.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12