Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If you say so. You state that with great certainty, and with a capital "NOT", so you must be right.
    Finally! (does lil jig of joy!)
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Agreed - it's a very complex field of study.

    I would be curious as to whether serious economists actually agree with the allegation that the New Deal didn't address the Depression. I was struck by Newsweek’s Daniel Gross comments: “One would be very hard-pressed to find a serious professional historian who believes that the New Deal prolonged the Depression.....the truism we must all remember in 2009: As conservatives try to obstruct a new New Deal, they’re not making any arguments that are remotely serious."

    Interesting article here - I'm not sure I agree with all that the author states, but he includes some interesting statements by such figures as Bernenke and Paul Krugman.

    FDR prolonged the Great Depression? Really?
    You guys don't find it telling that the discussion is around "serious professional historian who believes blah blah blah...."? Where are the cold facts and data that supports the opposite theory? Look at how the New Deal brought back prosperity and wealth to a depressed and starving nation! The numbers are right.... well they should be right here... where the heck are those facts and numbers?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #83  
    You're left with one argument... that the opposing view hasn't seriously made a conclusive argument. Please...
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You ask three economists for an opinion, you may get five or six.
    And then they charge you for eight....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Where are the cold facts and data that supports the opposite theory?
    What are you talking about? Economics doesn't deal with cold facts and data. Just as a point of reference...
    Untitled Document
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    And then they charge you for eight....
    Economists don't charge you for anything directly. They just ask their benefactors for a bigger budget since more research is required.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #87  
    Doh! I was confusing economists with accountants! Totally different animal. Thats it, I've had enough caffeine....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Doh! I was confusing economists with accountants! Totally different animal. Thats it, I've had enough caffeine....
    And I think every economist and accountant were insulted....I think that's like confusing Yankees and Mets fans!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions