Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    With all the pre news in the last few weeks, I took another look at the general Tech News websites I regularly scan.

Which ones do you look at? and how do they rank in your opinion?

Read daily, in order of preference:
    Engadget.com
    BoyGeniusReport.com
    Slashdot.org
    TechCrunch.com
    GigaOm.com
    Gizmodo.com

Less frequently than daily:
    A few times a week:
    AllThingsD.com
    TheInquirer.net
    LifeHacker.com

Once a week or less
    NaviGadget.com
    AlleyInsider.com
    ValleyWag.com
    Gawker.com

Note that I'm not asking about Palm or Pre specific sites.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    From most frequent to less frequent:
    Tweakers.net (Dutch)
    Precentral
    Ars Technica
    Techcrunch
    Lifehacker
    i only read engadget, BGR and gizmodo. as far as ranking them, i would say engadget, BGR then gizmodo in the interesting news category, but gizmodo trumps BGR in my opinion because they post about a wider variety of info.
    I read Engadget the most (my favorite). I used to read BGR the second most, but I don't trust it as much with the way they handle "reviews". I probably read gizmodo just as much. I also read precentral.net more than anything right now. Also sprintusers.com
    Engadget and PreCentral. Everything else I've got on RSS for Pre notifications.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I know this sounds bizarre, but I go to google news and type in what I am looking for. You can also search blogs. Much, much easier than checking 30 different sites.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I know this sounds bizarre, but I go to google news and type in what I am looking for. You can also search blogs. Much, much easier than checking 30 different sites.
    Guess you've never heard of an RSS reader.
    But I don't know what news I'm looking for, announcements and articles are the fun of blogs.

I do Engadget and Gizmodo, though Engadget is more fair. Then all the Pre sites, and that's it for tech stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    With all the pre news in the last few weeks, I took another look at the general Tech News websites I regularly scan.

Which ones do you look at? and how do they rank in your opinion?

Engadget.com
    BoyGeniusReport.com
    Slashdot.org
    TechCrunch.com
    GigaOm.com
    Gizmodo.com

Less frequently than daily:
    A few times a week:
    AllThingsD.com
    TheInquirer.net
    LifeHacker.com

Once a week or less
    NaviGadget.com
    AlleyInsider.com
    ValleyWag.com
    Gawker.com

Note that I'm not asking about Palm or Pre specific sites.
    IMO, BGR SUCKS!

I check Engadget numerous times a day to see what's happen'

Gizmodo an also-ran
    Engadget is really the only one I pay close attention to... and even then, I have to ignore the comments usually or else I want to bang my head against the wall.

I find that while a few of the Engadget editors do have some sort of preference (Joshua Topolsky loving the Pre, for example) that generally they tend to be pretty even-handed, despite complaints that people always make... and then the snark they add in quite a few posts makes it even more interesting for me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    People see what they want to see when it comes to things they feel attachment to. If you're a _____ fan then they feel slapped in the face by a subtle mention of _______ and the common response is to label that site/blogger/individual as someone with an agenda who can't be trusted.

The real trick here is to RSS multiple sites and learn to read between the lines because despite some sites obvious bias, if they have actual experience with the product then there is usually something useful in there is worth paying attention to. And if you feel that the bias is so overwhelming that it's just a waste of time then dump em. Thats what I did with TWiT podcasts and Gizmodo.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    My style, exactly. I don't have time to filter through reams of articles, or even RSS feeds. I'm not interested, until I'm interested, so to speak
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    My new preferences, The Inquirer to the top of the list. Their writing is pretty good these days. And I realize I check Lifehacker more than once a week.

TheInquirer.net
    Engadget.com
    slashdot.org
    TechCrunch.com
    GigaOm.com
    Gizmodo.com
    BoyGeniusReport.com