Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Sounds like we are getting nasty and rather offensive here. Shall I make a comment about your voting habits?
    Forgive my nastiness.... I can honestly tell you this... I could care less if it is Obama who fixes the economy, or if it was McCain, Biden, Palin, Clinton, Ron Paul or Bush. I could care less if its a republican or democrat or libertarian that is successful in leading this nation to prosperity and success.

I will always put country above partisian loyalty.

I can say this based on my voting record. Can you say the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    There is a huge difference in fearmongering and facing reality.
    I'm sure that the supporters of Bush the younger would agree with you.
    The economy is/was in serious trouble
    The economy is what we make it.
    .... I'd rather have the truth i.e. "the economy is in serious trouble" than a candy coated version.
    I'm not supporting a candy coated version of anything (well, maybe M&Ms).
    If the building I am in is on fire.... I want someone to tell me. If that is fearmongering... I'll gladly take it.
    My point is that how one says it can have a huge impact on the results. If I make an announcement that the building is on fire, and even though most of us will probably make it out, we'll probably all get burned and horribly disfigured, that does not induce an orderly exit.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I was a democrat until the 2nd half of Clinton's administration and to this day I do not vote the party ticket. I also do not care who fixes the economy; however, Obama's "fix" is not working. Unemployment is higher than he stated it would be; the deficit is much, much higher than under Bush (this is really Obama's deficit); the government runs a "few" major industries (no one can deny it); and where are we now? We are standing there with hope, back peddling when the polls show we are unpopular, making big word statements that will not be followed up on, meddling in Israel's affairs and openly avoiding Iran's affairs. Goodness, the list goes right on. Obama is not the messiah he claimed to be. Hope? Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Forgive my nastiness.... I can honestly tell you this... I could care less if it is Obama who fixes the economy, or if it was McCain, Biden, Palin, Clinton, Ron Paul or Bush. I could care less if its a republican or democrat or libertarian that is successful in leading this nation to prosperity and success.

I will always put country above partisian loyalty.

I can say this based on my voting record. Can you say the same?
  4.    #164  
    Happy 4th of July.
    And may each of you have a GREAT Independence Day in the United States of America.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    That's extremely inaccurate. The economy had a very large downward turn during the second half of the Bush I administration, which is why is incredibly high approval ratings (coming off of the first Iraq War) tanked. Fixing the poor economy became Clinton's mantra...remember "it's the economy, stupid"?

I was a Reagan supporter, but he doesn't get credit for the economic turnaround under Clinton.
    Whats to flavor of the koolaid this week?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Then you think Obama can bring it back to a correct economy?
    I think he's destroying it as best he can.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Happy 4th of July.
    Same to you! we had a great one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Whats to flavor of the koolaid this week?
    That's pretty ironic: rather than giving any credit to Clinton for the positive economy from 92-2000, you instead credit Saint Ronald Reagan (who left office in '88) for fixing an economic downturn that occurred during the George H.W. Bush presidency. And then you accuse me of "drinking the kool-aid".

You've certainly have me in the crushing grip of your superior economic knowledge now!

(Ridiculous posts like that are why I've been doing my best to avoid off-topic...it makes me even more conscious of that religious fervor aspect of political ideology.)
    Last edited by Bujin; 07/06/2009 at 03:56 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    That's pretty ironic: rather than giving any credit to Clinton for the positive economy from 92-2000, you instead credit Saint Ronald Reagan (who left office in '88) for fixing an economic downturn that occurred during the George H.W. Bush presidency. And then you accuse me of "drinking the kool-aid".

You've certainly have me in the crushing grip of your superior economic knowledge now!

(Ridiculous posts like that are why I've been doing my best to avoid off-topic...it makes me even more conscious of that religious fervor aspect of political ideology.)
    I guess you took the koolaid comment rather badly. Sorry, I was just poking fun. I'll not respond to your insults further.
  11.    #171  
    Thank you for your manners, this is needed to keep Part 2 alive.
    I'll just chime in that I am an American, proud of it! I'm glad to see other folks feel the same way. It sure is a long thread for such a simple thing.
  13.    #173  
    Being an American is no simple thing but congradulations for stopping by & saying Hello.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    It sure is a long thread for such a simple thing.
    Apparently not so simple as some people seem to think others are lacking in shame or modesty for being an American.
  15.    #175  
    Spoken as a true American
    Are you guys trying to make fun of me or something? I was just trying to say I think its as simple thing being an American, you feel it in your heart, and it tells you what to do.

Everyone can try to make it as complicated as they want, but for me, instead of pecking away at the computer telling everyone how patriotic people should be, I perfer to go out and do stuff. Like they say actions speak louder than words.

It was a great feeling to serve my country in the military, that felt real good. Nowadays, I'm retired but I like to volunteer in gray bears, and also at the VA hospital. Its how I say I am grateful for being an American..

Now I am not out to tell other fellas what to do. Joining the military or volunteering, thats just two things, but its for everyone to decide for themselves what to do. But if you don't do anything, I figure that can eat at you and then you start to lose the purpose of being an American.

Other countries the government tells you what to do, in America, its a free country so the government aint telling you what to do. You have to decide yourself. So instead of sitting around complaining about other people, maybe times better spent getting off your backside, rollin up your sleeves and actually doing something to help our country. God bless America.

Last edited by E.LesterBrown; 07/09/2009 at 01:16 PM.
  17.    #177  
    No No I'll take the mistake, You see I said It's not easy being an American but that wasn't meant in a negative way, our Freedom we have all fought for, That's not easy but that Freedom we have is an easy thing as long as we protect it. I am glad beyond words to be an American & where I've been let me tell you you'd know. I will say thank you for just 'fighting' for your Freedom, of being an American. Good Show.
    Why are they trying to reward failure?

AIG bonuses: $235 million to go - Jul. 10, 2009
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You feel like USA Americans are arrogant, perhaps?
    No arguement or disrespect here, but don't you think we're arrogant more often than not.

Its who we are.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    No arguement or disrespect here, but don't you think we're arrogant more often than not.

Its who we are.
    If I can jump in, I think we're portrayed as being arrogant more often than not. I will say that I cringe at some of the behaviors I've witnessed by Americans abroad. I just have to keep reminding myself that people are people and these people probably don't travel outside America much.

But I don't think that we are culturally more inclined to arrogance than anyone else (least of all the French )
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast