Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    This is getting scary. He's slowly gaining more and more controls.
    That is spooky. Think of what would happen if he create a dictatorship of, by and for the people. Where the majority of working class people ruled. It a scary thought of having the people who produce the wealth, control the wealth.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

This is laughable! Obama's trillons DWARF Bush's spending. Seriously, you need to stop looking for excuses. Obama is out of control.
    I am not defending Obama/Congress's spending. Nor am I excusing Bush because his deficit spending wasnt as "bad" as Obama's.

Why are you holding Obama accountable and excusing Bush?

Is there such a thing as "controlled" deficit spending? Either you dont have the money or you dont. True?

Bush left us with a 1.3 Trillion deficit ... where were you when he was doing so?

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I am not defending Obama/Congress's spending. Nor am I excusing Bush because his deficit spending wasnt as "bad" as Obama's.

Why are you holding Obama accountable and excusing Bush?

Is there such a thing as "controlled" deficit spending? Either you dont have the money or you dont. True?

Bush left us with a 1.3 Trillion deficit ... where were you when he was doing so?

Yeah, and the democratic controlled congress had nothing to do with the deficit....

I'm not defending Bush on his spending. I must have missed the part in this thread where anyone was. As far as I can tell, you're the one talking about overlooking or defending Bush.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Yeah, and the democratic controlled congress had nothing to do with the deficit....

I'm not defending Bush on his spending. I must have missed the part in this thread where anyone was. As far as I can tell, you're the one talking about overlooking or defending Bush.
    What I am saying is that the same people crying "We cant afford this spending!" said NOTHING when Bush and the REPUBLICAN controlled congress of 2001-2006 were running up the deficit.

During Bush's first term in office he never once used his veto... not once. The republicans held control of congress during Bush's first term. That is a fact.

Reagan used rescission power to rescind funds authorized by Congress. Ford rescinded $7.9 billion in spending. Carter rescinded $4.6 billion, Reagan $43.4 billion, Bush I $13.1 billion, Clinton $6.6 billion.

During that time Bush did not rescind even $1 in congressional spending.

There was a 121% increase in pork-barrel spending during Bush's 5 years in office.

Dont believe me?... See for yourself.

What both administrations did and are doing hurts future generations.

I am merely pointing out as I see some partisian/political hypocrisy.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ok, next time you see it, please be sure and point it out to the rest of us.

I love your avatar, btw. Where'd you get the original image?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    It's "Buddy Christ" from Dogma.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It's "Buddy Christ" from Dogma.
    What he said.....
  8.    #128  
    No don't get me wrong, all our men were sent off to other parts we got attacked & B man kept spending & no one did anything about it.
    Concidering; my veiw is , when a Democrat enters yea everything goes up, but people normally get jobs, the stocks rise, the deficit goes away & we get back in balance, then the Republicans come in & spend all the money, the stocks lower, we lose all our jobs, our men get sent around the world to die & we're all broke. Vicious circle. That's my view, meaning to insult no one but that's the way I see it.
    Maybe this is a laugh but if Hillary was there we would have had 2 Presidents in office but the population wanted a change, a big change so goood 'ole O'bama was elected. So now we have to wait 4 more & hope for the best & I will admit this election puts a twist on my views. Sure hope our Military comes home even in the right to protect us.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    No don't get me wrong, all our men were sent off to other parts we got attacked & B man kept spending & no one did anything about it.
    Concidering; my veiw is , when a Democrat enters yea everything goes up, but people normally get jobs, the stocks rise, the deficit goes away & we get back in balance, then the Republicans come in & spend all the money, the stocks lower, we lose all our jobs, our men get sent around the world to die & we're all broke. Vicious circle. That's my view, meaning to insult no one but that's the way I see it.
    Maybe this is a laugh but if Hillary was there we would have had 2 Presidents in office but the population wanted a change, a big change so goood 'ole O'bama was elected. So now we have to wait 4 more & hope for the best & I will admit this election puts a twist on my views. Sure hope our Military comes home even in the right to protect us.
    Words of wisdom from a common working man. You rock Coot!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

10.    #130  
    God Bless You. Thank You.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Words of wisdom from a common working man. You rock Coot!
    not factually accurate, but I agree. Coot rocks
  12.    #132  
    An Actual American will give till it hurts & when it does he'll give some more.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    What both administrations did and are doing hurts future generations.

Almost like they're both pushing for the same thing.

Hmmm...
  14.    #134  
    You know when President Clinton was active he created high everything but he pulled us out of debt, gave how many people jobs & kept us away from war & nobody snuck in an hurt (politely-GRTS) our civilians or property.
    So giving our first (if I may) malato President a chance he might do the same thing as President Clinton & help us get back on our feet.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    You know when President Clinton was active he created high everything but he pulled us out of debt, gave how many people jobs & kept us away from war & nobody snuck in an hurt (politely-GRTS) our civilians or property.
    So giving our first (if I may) malato President a chance he might do the same thing as President Clinton & help us get back on our feet.
    No offense, cscoot, but you've been misinformed about Clinton. He maintained status quo on the economy I guess, but he was actually riding the wave that was set in motion by Reagan. And we were actually attacked during his tenure, numerous times. Not to mention failing to get bin Laden when he had the chance. Clinton was ok, but he wasn't as great as you've been misled to believe.

(Might I add that he supported Bush jr's entree into Iraq)
  16.    #136  
    Yea I know but all in all regardless who starterd it, he did finish on a good 'wave'. Now If it's related to President Reagan Than I guess I can't compare the negativities to President Bush.
    OK we voted(?) voted him in but I still kind of hope the D side does a little better. The R side follows the rules & the D side Kinda changes them but it seems to have worked out. It's still to soon in our Presidents running but I think the low spot of the resession has passed. So that means we are on the start of the upside. So you see what I mean? I understand what you mean.
    No offense, cscoot, but you've been misinformed about Clinton. He maintained status quo on the economy I guess, but he was actually riding the wave that was set in motion by Reagan.
    That's extremely inaccurate. The economy had a very large downward turn during the second half of the Bush I administration, which is why is incredibly high approval ratings (coming off of the first Iraq War) tanked. Fixing the poor economy became Clinton's mantra...remember "it's the economy, stupid"?

I was a Reagan supporter, but he doesn't get credit for the economic turnaround under Clinton.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I was a Reagan supporter, but he doesn't get credit for the economic turnaround under Clinton.
    Neither should Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Neither should Clinton.
    Then who should?

It's silly to say that we should give credit to an economic turnaround in '92-94 to Reagan, who left in '88, or to Bush, under whose watch the downturn occurred. I wasn't a huge Clinton fan, but his policies demonstrated more fiscal discipline that the Republican administrations for 12 years before or 8 years after.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  20.    #140  
    Then you think Obama can bring it back to a correct economy?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast