Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 187
  1. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #101  
    Does anyone here think that if an Iranian wants Ahmadinejad's policies to fail, he wants Iran to fail?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    This argument directly follows the logic behind 'if you don't support Bush's policies, you hope the terrorists win'.
    No it doesn't. A more appropriate analogy would be: If I state that I want Bush's anti-terroroism efforts to fail, then I want to have further attacks against America. It's an important difference - I can state that I think that many of his anti-terrorism policies were illegal and immoral, but I wouldn't want the efforts to fail, as the result would be the loss of American lives.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. #103  
    What a question!

    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Does anyone here think that if an Iranian wants Ahmadinejad's policies to fail, he wants Iran to fail?
  4. #104  
    Got yourself in a corner here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No it doesn't. A more appropriate analogy would be: If I state that I want Bush's anti-terroroism efforts to fail, then I want to have further attacks against America. It's an important difference - I can state that I think that many of his anti-terrorism policies were illegal and immoral, but I wouldn't want the efforts to fail, as the result would be the loss of American lives.
  5. #105  
    Going further with this stuff, I am positive all of us are aware of a Gallop poll that has this country as a CONSERVATIVE country with 40% of America's citizens calling themselves CONSERVATIVE.

    21% of America's citizens calling themselves LIBERAL. Gosh, what a heck of a low number there.

    35% of America's citizens calling themselves MODERATES.

    9% of America's citizens calling themselves VERY CONSERVATIVE.

    5% of America's citizens calling themselves VERY LIBERAL.

    And to think there are some people who just do not understand why Fox has 5 times the audience of the LIBERAL networks. Goodness.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And to think there are some people who just do not understand why Fox has 5 times the audience of the LIBERAL networks. Goodness.
    Does not prove anything. My friends and I watch Fox news sometimes just to rag on the "un-loyal opposition." hahaha
    Iago

    "Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."


    Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I have often thought that use of the term "American" is miss-used, or at least the connotation is misleading.

    Are not people from Canada "Americans"? Mexico?, Brazil? ... and gulp... Cuba? We are all peoples that inhabit North or South American, so doesn't that make all of us "Americans"?

    Agree 100%. Most other countries teach in class that America is the Continent, there are not N. America, C. America or S. America, but here they teach wrong! America is not just one country, check history


    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    And that is unique to the US why??

    Just curious have you lived in (or even visited for that matter) other countries?
    Your remarks make me believe you haven't and have a very limited view of the world.

    I have lived in 3 countries and if it taught me 1 thing it is that there is no greatest country in the world. Every country has advantages and disadvantages.
    I lived in other countries too (mostly in Canada, Mexico, Spain, Greece; and European countries are so close to each other that you get to know them enough), but a lot of people will hate that we do not share their point of view, let them live in their own ignorance. As for me, I was not born in this great country, but I do love it, and honor it, that does not make me think of the USA or the United States as "America", because America is the ENTIRE Continent!

    "Live Long and Prosper"

    Oh, and I really like the avatar pic from Iago (above post)
    Last edited by STARGATE; 06/16/2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: lol
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Does anyone here think that if an Iranian wants Ahmadinejad's policies to fail, he wants Iran to fail?
    Ahmadinejad is a figurehead only. He is there to keep the Israeli's and media focused on his rhetoric. The moola's run Iran, and it's their policies.

    But I get your point.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No it doesn't. A more appropriate analogy would be: If I state that I want Bush's anti-terroroism efforts to fail, then I want to have further attacks against America. It's an important difference - I can state that I think that many of his anti-terrorism policies were illegal and immoral, but I wouldn't want the efforts to fail, as the result would be the loss of American lives.
    Bujin, the point is that I can want America to be safe from terrorism, for healthcare to be fixed and affordable by all, and for the US to produce a better automobile; and totally disagree with how Obama is going about achieving these goals. I, in fact, think that he may very well destroy capitalism in America, and pray that his policies fail. There are better approaches to solving these problems without turning us into a socialist nation.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Yes it does. Sorry, the five minutes is up.
    A more appropriate analogy would be: If I state that I want Bush's anti-terroroism efforts to fail, then I want to have further attacks against America. It's an important difference - I can state that I think that many of his anti-terrorism policies were illegal and immoral, but I wouldn't want the efforts to fail, as the result would be the loss of American lives.
    You're missing the forest for the trees. The larger point is that there is no de facto link between the policies and the outcome. The policies can be a spectacular failure without affecting the goal at all (or having less effect than speculated).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11.    #111  
    With Iran how many thought they would get a good man in as their leader?
    As a civilian, I sure am glad I'm an American even with the who haws, our government is still doing a decent enough job for my Freedom.
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    With Iran how many thought they would get a good man in as their leader?
    As a civilian, I sure am glad I'm an American even with the who haws, our government is still doing a decent enough job for my Freedom.
    I think the most recent who haw is grabbing waaay too much power. Keep a close eye on that "Freedom" of yours.
    Last edited by Micael; 06/17/2009 at 09:11 AM.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I think the most recent who haw is grabbing waaay too much power. Keep a close eye on that "Freedom" of yours.
    Right...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14.    #114  
    Very Good. You see it seems this communication is now coming to light,we are discussing & now starting to agree, this is progress, the helping of others the ways of an American. Thank Youi
    P.S. Please abide by what you have just said & all is well.
  15. #115  
    Rag all you want to. Fox News is much more popular that the opposition throughout the day - and I am sure you know why. They definitely are not MSNBC -with tingling legs and ABC with an office in the White House and NBC Brokaw on a Presidential commission. Looks like Obama is buying the media - you did hear him accuse Fox news of not liking him.....targeting the news - what a guy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iago View Post
    Does not prove anything. My friends and I watch Fox news sometimes just to rag on the "un-loyal opposition." hahaha
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #116  
    This is getting scary. He's slowly gaining more and more controls.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #117  
    It really is. I do not remember any president in the recent past accusing any press outlet of not liking him. His statement now gives his "followers" a mission. Of course the president not granted a question at one of his fan club parties goes to show how he really feels about "free press." April 29, 2009 press party to be specific. What a man!
  18.    #118  
    Considering Our President, do you think with his "plans" he will be able on his words help 'all' of us or is his plans another manner to confuse us in the way ,he is doing something or are we just paying for something we rightly cannot afford at this present day & age, with so many more distractions going on around the world?
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Considering Our President, do you think with his "plans" he will be able on his words help 'all' of us or is his plans another manner to confuse us in the way ,he is doing something or are we just paying for something we rightly cannot afford at this present day & age, with so many more distractions going on around the world?
    I am guessing/hoping that you had the same concerns when Bush and the republican led congress were running up the deficit during Bush's 6 years in congress? Or could we "afford" that deficit?

    What amazes me is that many people turned a blind eye to Bush and "his congress" while they spent and spent and spent (even keeping Iraq and Afghanistan off the "books"), now find it politically expedient to bring it up when their horse is out of the barn.

    Cscoot ... I am not saying you did not raise the same point then. For consistency's sake... I hope you did.
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #120  
    This is laughable! Obama's trillons DWARF Bush's spending. Seriously, you need to stop looking for excuses. Obama is out of control.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Posting Permissions