Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I agree totally. But I'd add (c) let those that express their patriotic feelings alone without feeling an urge to remind, educate, rub their faces in all the wrong we've done.
    Time Magazine has conducted a poll asking: "Are critics right that President Obama is turning his trip into an apology tour?"

The answer was 70% "no" vs. 30% "yes". So it seems that the majority of Americans don't share the view that speaking about our country's imperfections constitutes "apologizing".

http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/arc...sults_378.html

EDIT: Sorry, goofed up the numbers....fixed now. Thanks, Grant!
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/05/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Time Magazine has conducted a poll asking: "Are critics right that President Obama is turning his trip into an apology tour?"

The answer was 31% "no" vs. 69% "yes". So it seems that the majority of Americans don't share the view that speaking about our country's imperfections constitutes "apologizing".

Poll Results - Are critics right that President Obama is turning his trip into an apology tour? | TIME
    Wha? From these numbers, you are contradicting yourself. You've got your numbers backwards... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Wha? From these numbers, you are contradicting yourself. You've got your numbers backwards... LOL
    Oops....I've had a busy week.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  4.    #64  
    Thanksto all of you writing here. No I'm not wearing my heart on my sleeve nor trying to forget our past & in other ways suggested here I might have to defend myself. No that's not the point. It is true a few of you hav e recognised my reasons for this post b ut the extra writing make this post that much clearer. I have no regrets with thi post & am very hppy with some of the beautiful words writen for so many others to read & share.
    This Part 2 seems to have corrected Part 1 & that too is what it is all about.
    There is no need for me to e expicit with so many that write here are doing a great job, So a Thank you to you all who have & will hopefully write again.
  5.    #65  
    Your suit fits you well.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

The answer was 70% "no" vs. 30% "yes". So it seems that the majority of Americans don't share the view that speaking about our country's imperfections constitutes "apologizing".

Poll Results - Are critics right that President Obama is turning his trip into an apology tour? | TIME

EDIT: Sorry, goofed up the numbers....fixed now. Thanks, Grant!
    Polls are funny things. Good thing I don't let them drive my thinking like some....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Polls are funny things. Good thing I don't let them drive my thinking like some....
    I agree, they shouldn't drive anyone's thinking. But they may prove informative, for those times when folks think their opinion reflects people as a whole.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I agree, they shouldn't drive anyone's thinking. But they may prove informative, for those times when folks think their opinion reflects people as a whole.
    It "proves" nothing. I can ask the exact same question to a slightly different demographic, and achieve different results, or I can ask the same question slightly rephrased and get a vastly different result from the *same* demographic. Polls are the scam of the last 2 decades.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    It "proves" nothing. I can ask the exact same question to a slightly different demographic, and achieve different results, or I can ask the same question slightly rephrased and get a vastly different result from the *same* demographic. Polls are the scam of the last 2 decades.
    Most people wouldn't agree with that...I have polls that prove it.

10.    #70  
    Maybe apologies mean nothing but through those apologies continues that ever enlightightening outlook that drives all towards the solutions we all search for. Until that simple recognition is realized no answers shall avale. To all who have replied here shows you are part of the questions, part of the answers. I shall say, simply put, do not give up, continue.
  11.    #71  
    I am an American, proud of it , happy with it, regardless of all it's faults. This is my country.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    I am an American, proud of it , happy with it, regardless of all it's faults. This is my country.
    Be careful. You may provoke someone from the "blame America first" crowd. They can't stand to see someone loving this country. They'll be rubbing your nose in some dirt... in the nicest way possible, and for your own good of course.
    Be careful. You may provoke someone from the "blame America first" crowd. They can't stand to see someone loving this country. They'll be rubbing your nose in some dirt... in the nicest way possible, and for your own good of course.
    Also be careful of those who claim to love their country and support freedom and democracy, but spend a tremendous amount of their time and energy undermine a president elected by the overwhelming majority of the American people.

Also be careful of those who claim to love their country and support freedom and democracy, but spend a tremendous amount of their time and energy undermine a president elected by the overwhelming majority of the American people, and another considerable amount of time explaining why we should break American laws and international agreements.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    See what I mean?
    See what I mean?
    No But I think you're a good guy!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Bujin, we can all hope the president does not fail, just his policies. Also bunches thought he was going to be a "centrist," and that he is not. No way you can say anything about being anything other than far left except of course he does not support gay marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Bujin, we can all hope the president does not fail, just his policies.
    Since the goal of his policies (whether you agree with them or not) is to recover from the economic crisis and restore jobs, I think its pretty sad that people would like those policies to fail in order to make political points.

As a result, you have idiocay such as governors posturing about not taking stimulus money, although it will save jobs and help keep school from laying off a large percentage of teachers.

People can disagree with the president's policies, but those are the policies that we are undertaking. At some point, I would hope that people would at least root for our economy to succeed, and choose patriotism over politics.

19.    #79  
    Hey Guys< I am born & bred here, I'm not looking for trouble, in our Democratic society we all vote for our President, which whether does right or wrong is put there by us. 'He" has enormous power & influence throughout the world, by our decisions he is there. Everyone makes mistakes & as our leader we must stand behind him,we put him there. Now if those mistakes are great, our policies can have him replaced with another, by our decisions.
    When I say I am proud to be an American, I mean it, born here, it is my home, I've been many places far & wide but this is where I have returned to. True it's not easy for me here either but I deal with it & live my life (nobody said life was a bowl of cherries).
    Complaining & moaning about this & that is defaultive but continues progress for the better, the purpose of this post is to find that harmony so we can grow, improve, hopefully have better lives. You know from all history our lives are much better than the past, if you disagree than do the right thing & improve yourself, doing this helps others-full circle, I am an American & Proud of it.
    Politics are people who we voted in, politics are something you can , could be part of, do. If you don't like what they're doing don't vote in that favor. True as hard as it is to stand up against the rich well they made their decisions at a time to be able to be rich, they saw earlier, they decided & now those that didn't, by fate, luck, draw of the cards, whatever... if we were all the same what life would that be?
    As Americans together, 'fighting' greed for the harmony of the human race is the most valuable.

Think about if you're up in space can you even be seen?
    Posturing? Maybe; however, I am sure you are aware that a few banks are giving the money back and that regardless of the amount of money given to those that ARE TO BIG TO FAIL such as GM and friends, well - they failed and that money did no good at all other than to cost you and me bunches and bunches of money. And that bad thing, you speak of posturing? Bujin, when does most of this money kick in? Does it kick in next year and in 2012? Gosh, that means IT KICKS IN WHEN THE PRESIDENT GOES FOR REELECTION! Now that is posturing.

We also speak of "saving jobs." Well, the formula used to count the saved jobs and associated money DOES NOT EXIST! Do some real reading. There is no possible way to figure the amount of "saved jobs" - it does not exist. I also read that one part time summer job equals one full time job and gosh, sitting down with a pencil paper or an Excel sheet and doing the math - ain't got no base to it. None at all.

Also, how does this save jobs and keep schools from laying off a large per centage of teachers? The money ain't there, the money won't be there. Why should teachers be sacred - look at the job they are doing. Our kids can't pass even when they are being paid! They cannot pass when they get their pay increase DEMANDED EVERY YEAR by their union! More money = NO BETTER EDUCATION and you know as well as I do, that ain't no lie.

The private sector takes the hits - why cannot the public sector take a hit also? Government does a lousy job at everything it does, so why expect anything different? You think Social Security works right? You think Medicare works right? The government is good only at one thing and that requires keeping the politicians in the trash can - DEFENSE.

Incidentally - I do favor patriotism. I do not damn this country. I do not apologize for this country. I do not go gaga in Saudi Arabia and bow to the king and then on the next visit, not vow to the king - gosh, the king grew 4"!

What works and is proven to work: private sector without government interference. Maybe you should invite the President to come and take over your job, fire your boss, fire you and put his own cronies into the positions. That will really insure his policies work.

Thank you.

Since the goal of his policies (whether you agree with them or not) is to recover from the economic crisis and restore jobs, I think its pretty sad that people would like those policies to fail in order to make political points.

As a result, you have idiocay such as governors posturing about not taking stimulus money, although it will save jobs and help keep school from laying off a large percentage of teachers.

People can disagree with the president's policies, but those are the policies that we are undertaking. At some point, I would hope that people would at least root for our economy to succeed, and choose patriotism over politics.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast