Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    No arguement or disrespect here, but don't you think we're arrogant more often than not.

Its who we are.
    Arrogant - making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

I think that some take our pride in our country, and the importance we place on our constitution and individual rights, as arrogance. I'm sure that some American's are over the top, and arrogant. Especially the Liberal Elites from the East and Left Coast, who sneer down their noses at all us "little people in the flyover red states".... but wait.... they hate America. I forgot we were talking about Patriotic Americans.

But I think that most Americans are just proud and happy that they *are* Americans. The majority of us "get it".

I've seen plenty of arrogance coming from other countries (*cough*canada and france*cough*)

Please excuse my cough
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2.    #182  
    You know the 'cards' we are dealt brings money to some & not to others. Money brings that snobish attitude but that's to be expected.
    Right now we have to hope President Obama does us right even though he & his family pay for everything they do, so that can't be held against him.
    Other countries (here too) have disrespect & other's want to be like us regardless of all the years & hardships we've been through & I'd think they think it not fair there is an order (rank) amongst files that others just don't want to hear or accept. At this time in life, that's what is & must (including ourselves) must be adhered to.
    To me that's working together & dealing with the "snobish" of money.
    Communication amongst all will bring the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Arrogant - making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

I think that some take our pride in our country, and the importance we place on our constitution and individual rights, as arrogance. I'm sure that some American's are over the top, and arrogant. Especially the Liberal Elites from the East and Left Coast, who sneer down their noses at all us "little people in the flyover red states".... but wait.... they hate America. I forgot we were talking about Patriotic Americans.

But I think that most Americans are just proud and happy that they *are* Americans. The majority of us "get it".

I've seen plenty of arrogance coming from other countries (*cough*canada and france*cough*)

Please excuse my cough
    I sure get it. Nothing wrong with being patriotic, thats for sure. Arrogant for saying your patriotic, ridiculous. But one thing I noticed from my own experience is that sometimes certain fellas try to get into a pissin match with me about who is the most patriotic. Well, usually I just walk away, but more than once I asked a little more about what they did, and it turns out more than one of these really patriotic guys never thought to take time out to serve their country, volunteer or anything like that. It kind of surprised me, and I can't figure it out, except maybe they think mouthing off about how they are patriotic makes up for not doing anything. Thats why I think sometimes talk is cheap, and actions are more important.
    Last edited by E.LesterBrown; 07/10/2009 at 08:44 PM.
  4.    #184  
    Mr. Brown I am honored you write amongst this post. With Friendlyness I know you are smarter than a 5th grader & I know you get it. I'd also like to add that you get 'er done in many ways we are all so happy you do. Again Thank you for being part of this post & if I may, share your knowledge with us.
    Thank you Sir.
    If being smarter than a fifth grader is a complement, but I will take it and say thank you sir. I think my fifth grade teacher would have some words for me about my spelling sometimes, but I think she would not know what to do about the way you capitalize your words any time you feel like it. Mr. Coot, I think you are kind of like a James Dean of words, you just write them and capitalize them any way you like, like a true rebel. And I mean that as a compliment. Anyway, I'm very pleased to see your kindly tone, so many folks around here seem real riled up around here, just about what the definition of some word is. Oh yeah and I see you noticed my Larry cable guy picture. My son helped me to put that up. That Larry he sure is a smart aleck and I like him. Anyway, I hope you are the kind of person who both talks the talk as well as walks the walk with talking about loving America. All the best, Les
  6.    #186  
    Thank you sir I appreciate it & I know you didn't say that with Helium (LOL). Good show. My friend has your lighter. I let him know you are here. You do this post good.
  7.    #187  
    As an American I admit to my mistakes that I have made as I have grown up. Today I try to do right not wrong, regardless of the unexpected that happens in everyones lives brings doubt, sometimes known as mistrust. This difficulty in man brings about that evidence known as fight or flight. This is a frightening account that prevents man from stepping forward in a reasonable way to not be afraid of fear itself. Yet man does not stop & see or even think of this in a relative way to overcome this handicap to step into that wonderful word of brave. When another who has seen this in this relative way & notices another not doing so brings a kindness to step away so this other will not become any more disorientated, maybe this is a protection maybe it is friendship maybe it is help. Regardless one who can benifit does not & the others shoulders become broader, helping still another even when the other knows not.
    This is not material this is spriritual enforcing an American to have done right. Still America grows.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910