Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    Wht I didnt hear was any reference to Robert April....the very very first pre-Pike, pre-Kirk captain of the Enterprise when it was first commissioned Constitution class starship.......
    You've got me on that one. I don't remember any mention of Robert April... LOL

However, with the altered timeline, there apparently was no Cpt. April of the Enterprise.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You've got me on that one. I don't remember any mention of Robert April... LOL

However, with the altered timeline, there apparently was no Cpt. April of the Enterprise.
    Now you've got me back!......You know what is really needed? A really good movie focusing on the very very beginning of the Federation....that has never been done in any timeline! The Enterprise TV series might have had a shot at doing that but it did not go far enough before someone cancelled ITS timeline (some TV executive whose name I do know but will not mention...I am not happy with that person!).
    Now you've got me back!......You know what is really needed? A really good movie focusing on the very very beginning of the Federation....that has never been done in any timeline! The Enterprise TV series might have had a shot at doing that but it did not go far enough before someone cancelled ITS timeline (some TV executive whose name I do know but will not mention...I am not happy with that person!).
    I WOULD like to see that. They did touch on it in the final episode of Enterprise but, I agree, it was canceled before it could really be addressed.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #24  
    They can do whatever they want with the plot.... just give me T'Pol!!!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Wht I didnt hear was any reference to Robert April....the very very first pre-Pike, pre-Kirk captain of the Enterprise when it was first commissioned Constitution class starship.......
    Two things:
    1) April was captain of the Enterprise, but only in TAS, which has long been considered by Paramount and Roddenberry himself to not be canon.
    2) The Enterprise was not the first Constitution-class ship - that would have been the Constitution (which presumably would have the registry of NCC-1700).

That said, rumor has it (from Bruce Greenwood's lips, nonetheless) that Pike's new backstory does feature April and that Pike - and maybe April - will play a significant role in the next film.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    They can do whatever they want with the plot.... just give me T'Pol!!!

Hear hear!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    Talking with friends it was clearly pointed out to me that you must understand that this is a different reality due to the time line change. Thus relationships and personalities would be slightly different from the original. The entire idea makes my head hurt.
    Ha! I thought that was brilliant! Now we can have a whole new series of Kirk, Spock, et al, without having to worry about keeping faithful to the 40 year old script!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ha! I thought that was brilliant! Now we can have a whole new series of Kirk, Spock, et al, without having to worry about keeping faithful to the 40 year old script!
    Yep. It gives the writers a lot more creative wiggle room.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I admit it.... I keep coming back to this thread just so I can see T'Pol's picture.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I liked the movie but had a problem with two things...

First, why did they have to destroy Vulcan? I didn't like that. I mean there were whole movies like Star Trek 2 etc devoted to saving earth so why hypothetically couldn't they do the same for Vulcan? Secondly, I didn't understand of need to see the whole Spock-Ohura romance. It doesn't fit with the Vulcan Pon'far timing and was unecessary. I hope they make more movies though based on the new timeline...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    i didnt know about the TAS not being canonical.....and yes the 8onstition would be the prototype for thr class of ship

as for Pike and perhaps &pril being more prominent that would be cool!

Edit
    ; actually I was eferring to the post by Derek Kessler
    Last edited by drfrog; 05/28/2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: misidentified poster
  12.    #32  
    I admit it.... I keep coming back to this thread just so I can see T'Pol's picture.

Jolene is certainly gorgeous.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Thank you for reminding me while "In a Mirror, Darkly" was one of my favorite Enterprise episodes.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I just finished listening to the audiobook of the novelization of the new movie. It's very good and read by Zach Quinto (Spock). I recommend it to anyone who likes Trek.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I liked the movie but had a problem with two things...

First, why did they have to destroy Vulcan? I didn't like that. I mean there were whole movies like Star Trek 2 etc devoted to saving earth so why hypothetically couldn't they do the same for Vulcan? Secondly, I didn't understand of need to see the whole Spock-Ohura romance. It doesn't fit with the Vulcan Pon'far timing and was unecessary. I hope they make more movies though based on the new timeline...
    Yeah, but you have to admit, Ohura was "teh hottie"!
  17.    #37  
    Yeah, but you have to admit, Ohura was "teh hottie"!
    The originial Ohura and Kirk did something together on TV that had never been done before. What was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    The originial Ohura and Kirk did something together on TV that had never been done before. What was it?
    Come on now. The first interracial kiss is an easy trivia answer. And it's 'Uhura'.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Come on now. The first interracial kiss is an easy trivia answer. And it's 'Uhura'.
    and for 10 extra points, which episode?
    and for 10 extra points, which episode?
    For 100 extra points, why was it actually not the first interracial kiss (on Star Trek or television)?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast