Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The United States of America Founded on Christianity is surely a worthy topic for another thread.

I could see myself enjoying that debate.
    Ok, I bit....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Are you saying that capitalism is bad?
    No. Not sure why you'd even ask that. Honestly, I think applying a value judgment to an economic system is a little counter-productive. Being a libertarian, though, I tend to find capitalism most congruent with my philosophical leanings. That's only assuming that I don't get to be benevolent dictator, though.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    You pity Christians? I surely don't, although I disagree with a lot of their behavior as a group....

And last I checked, this country's foundation was religious freedom, not Christianity. The Christians and OTHERS that founded the nation did so to throw away the old governments, monarchies mostly, that made kings into gods and forced beliefs down peoples' throats under penalty of law... But, again, that is not what this thread is about.

You donít miss a thread to bash Christians. Why the hate? What have they done to you to cause such a pointed distain for anything Christian?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    You donít miss a thread to bash Christians. Why the hate? What have they done to you to cause such a pointed distain for anything Christian?
    1. This thread predates the other thread. In fact, I'm sure that this thread inspired that thread.
    2. I have done no 'bashing' of any religion, nor have I shown any 'disdain' for any religion, either. I have, however, stated that
    a. I disagree with a lot of their [Christians] behavior as a group.
    b. This country's foundation was religious freedom, not Christianity.
    c. The Christians and OTHERS that founded the nation did so to throw away the old governments that forced beliefs down peoples' throats under penalty of law.
    3. You ask what Christians have done to me? Much. I've been taunted and treated like dirt for not being Christian. I've been accused of atrocities for not being Christian. I've watched Christians, time and again, preach one thing and do another. I do not HATE ANYONE, but I do not like the BEHAVIOR of a majority of the Christians with whom I'm familiar.

Now, if we can keep this thread on topic, it would be GREAT!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12