1.    #1  
    CompUSA had TONS of GOOD free stuff this week:

8 MB compact flash (lexar, won't work w/visor),
    Dr. something 1+1 pen/stylus,
    Printboy (not deluxe, won't work w/wordsmith),
    compressed air.

Now about the compressed air. The rebate form asks for the ORIGINAL UPC code, which is printed on the can! Now, what happens when you make a puncture in a can of compressed air? Anyone know that scene in Jaws, where the oxygen tank is in the shark's mouth and the guy shoots at it and it explodes? Is that what happens with this? These compUSA guys are dumbos. Now what do I do? I guess since it's only $5 I'll let them get away with it, but I wonder if we'll here about more unexplained fires in the news.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    I wonder if we'll here about more unexplained fires in the news.
    I don't think puncturing a can of compressed air can cause a fire.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
  3.    #3  
    Are you sure? It could still explode without there being a fire.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    It would probably explode. The thing is that once you put a whole in your compressed air it is no longer compressed air.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I know. So what does CompUSA expect me to do?
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Yeah, I know. So what does CompUSA expect me to do?
    well, you could ask CompUSA ...
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  7.    #7  
    Labor Day, no one there. I'll call them tommarow.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    Normally when buy compressed air on a rebate like that the upc is either a sticker on the can that will peel off, if you have long finger nails or a **** load of patience, or the can comes in some sort of package and that has the upc on it.

--David
  9.    #9  
    Nope. It is printed on the can.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    I heard that those things can explode "like a thermonuclear explosion". I wouldn't puncture that thing if I were you!

Seriously, if you puncture it, you loose all of the compresses gas (it isn't really "air"). If you are going to loose all of the gas anyway, just use the can up until there is nothing left in it. when it is empty then try cutting out the UPC without losing a finger...

...then again, if you cut your finger you could always sue...
    Visor Enthusiast and Innogear/Geodiscovery basher.
  11.    #11  
    The rebate will expire before I can finish.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle