Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    I hope it doesn't kill us all before we can get our hands on a Pre!

    Twenty swine flu cases confirmed in U.S. | Reuters
  2. #2  
    There's some great resources online for tracking the emerging swine flu pandemic.

    For what it's worth, I'm giving this even more attention that the upcoming launch of the Pre!
  3. #3  
    Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano declares public health emergency in wake of swine flu epidemic which appears to have originated in Mexico and has resulted in up to 81 deaths there.



    U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency in Wake of Swine Flu
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/26/2009 at 02:12 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  4. #4  
    I just had two friends leave for Mexico yesterday morning at 8am for a week long vacation. My wife is taking care of their cat. Now I wonder if they will be able to get back. If it gets too bad, they may really restrict boarder crossing until it's under control.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  5. #5  
    i have a family memebr who works in the NY school where 8 cases were found. not cool.

    owever, the CDC is moving quickly. which is good to see
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  6. #6  
    It spreads so fast due to air travel:

    At Los Angeles International Airport, which has 45 daily flights from Mexico, officials are taking "reasonable precautions," an airport spokeswoman said.

    Swine Flu Reaction: LAX Cleanup, Claremont School Scare | NBC Los Angeles
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  7. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #7  
    Buy stock in hand sterilization and telecommuting equipment.
  8. #8  
    My thoughts on the whole thing are summed up by this.... xkcd - A Webcomic - Swine Flu
  9. #9  
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  10. #10  
    And still refuse to close the border. What a joke.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And still refuse to close the border. What a joke.
    I doubt that will do any good.. it will only harm 2 struggling economies...
    It has allready spread internationally..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    I doubt that will do any good.. it will only harm 2 struggling economies...
    It has allready spread internationally..
    That's what they keep saying. Cuba just stopped all travel to Mexico. It makes sense to me to stop or restrict travel to the epicenter. It's only going to be like a week or so. Stopping the virus from spreading should be the priority, not the economic impact from a closed border....but I am not a doctor or a health care professional, so what do I know.

    Addendum: They are now looking into possible deaths in the US:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-states-mexico
    Last edited by palandri; 04/28/2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  13. #13  
    Just to relieve some pressure on these forums lately...

    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  14. #14  
    Believe what you want, I personally agree with Dr. Paul. Just though I'd share a different point of view.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Believe what you want, I personally agree with Dr. Paul. Just though I'd share a different point of view.
    His plan is to do nothing.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's what they keep saying. Cuba just stopped all travel to Mexico. It makes sense to me to stop or restrict travel to the epicenter. It's only going to be like a week or so. Stopping the virus from spreading should be the priority, not the economic impact from a closed border....but I am not a doctor or a health care professional, so what do I know.

    Addendum: They are now looking into possible deaths in the US:

    Governments across the world must prepare for swine flu pandemic | World news | guardian.co.uk
    Like what Dr Paul said, lets not get this thing blown out of proportions.. after all, all it is is an agressive form of the flu...
    In the US and Europe most people will have been exposed to multiple threads of the flu virus and have build up antibodies, so the vast mayority will cope, only people that are allready very weak will have to fear this virus.. and they can counter it, so it is not this magical monster that will wipe us all out if we dont close the border..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #17  
    Palm would save lives if they'd release the Pre now. We could use the Pre as a Swine Flu localizer

    Can GoogleMaps implementations on iPhones, Android and WebOS display these sort of layers and personal maps as well?

    What about GoogleEarth and .kml files eventually???
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    Like what Dr Paul said, ...
    LOL! you are not from the states. I listen to Dr. Paul as much as I listen to Dr. Laura.

    A two year old Texas child just died from the Swine Flu.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  19. #19  
    And over 1000 people died today from Heart Disease, do you want government diets to prevent heart disease? The leading cause of death in children is household accidents, should we have government accident prevention agents inspecting all our houses? Lets get some perspective people.

    Just because something happens does not mean government should be doing something about it.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    And over 1000 people died today from Heart Disease, do you want government diets to prevent heart disease? The leading cause of death in children is household accidents, should we have government accident prevention agents inspecting all our houses? Lets get some perspective people.
    Just because something happens does not mean government should be doing something about it.
    People don't avoid going to work and school becasue of fear of heart disease.

    Threat of pandemic causes social and economic disruptions that are very very costly on top of actual disease which can also be very costly.

    There are a handful of examples of screwed up vaccination programs, but in the big picture there are few government endeavors that have been as efficient in cost benefit as vaccination programs.


    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    after all, all it is is an agressive form of the flu...
    In the US and Europe most people will have been exposed to multiple threads of the flu virus and have build up antibodies, so the vast mayority will cope, only people that are allready very weak will have to fear this virus.
    Aggressive flu may be the biggest killer in human history.

    My grandfathers brother joined the US Army in 1916. he survived WWI and as a 21-year-old Staff Sargent in perfect health and in athletic condition was killed in days by Spanish Flu, a disease which killed up to 100 million people at a time when the earth's population was much lower. Most people killed were in fact young adults.

    "Aggressive flu" can be much more dangerous than bubonic plague, cholera or typhus.

    This flu is not likely as dangerous, because it doesn't seem to provoke a hypercytokinemic reaction, but don't discount the mass danger of a flu pandemic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions