Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I kind of like K's statement, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." The government by polling that we have had for a while now is far more influenced by the latter.
    I know better than to contradict Tommy Lee Jones.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    How does a civil service application make a difference if the same person is at the check points the day before TSA took over compared to that day? Training can certainly make a difference, but government-run doesn't de facto enter into that equation. My point was that in most cases, that same person was at the checkpoints on both days. Just giving them a uniform with a TSA badge doesn't make them any better or worse at airport security.
    Then you must be right. If all they did was change clothes over night. Sounds like a scam to me.
    Last edited by palandri; 04/26/2009 at 11:55 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Then you must be right. If all they did was change clothes over night. Sounds like a scam to me.
    The biggest difference that the TSA taking over made was in budget for infrastructure improvements (and training). I can attest first hand to what the local airport had in place before compared to after (although I wouldn't in a public forum like this due to not wanting to mess with my TSA credentials ). Ironically, that's the double-edged sword of the feds getting involved in something. On the one hand, they certainly throw money at most things they do. On the other hand, they certainly throw money at most things they do.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    If you let the government run your health care it will destroy it. The Canadian and British models are disasters.
    According to who? As is commented in my previous post the VA system was a tragedy. However I have very personal experience with the oncology department of the VA Hospital in Gainesville Fl. The VA has excellent service now as apposed to 20 years ago.
    We already have socialized medicine today. It called emergency service which is much more expensive. Preventive Care, Pre-natal care, Universal inoculation.
    These things can bring down the cost and frequency of health care.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123