1.    #1  
    This is the funniest damn thing I've read all week:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...icrolob23.html

Some stories just write themselves! Slick move, Micro$oft!
    I thought it was funny too. Geez you think they would learn. Remember a few years ago when they were writing letters-to-the-editor for major newspapers and pawning the letters as if they were from regular people?
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    Remember a few years ago when they were writing letters-to-the-editor for major newspapers and pawning the letters as if they were from regular people?
    Yeah, but my favorite is still the free prize giveaway to people who rat out their local PC shops who sell PCs w/o Windows. Pure genius!

Turn in Acme computers and get a free Bar-B-Q grill with matching Patio furniture!
    Not to defend everything Microsoft does but - it is a very common tactic for all groups that do lobbying to give their supporters either pre-written letters or to give them talking/witing points to use in their own letters.

Common phrases and identical wordings happen everyday in any kind of lobbying activity.
    Jonathan
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by jhappel
    it is a very common tactic for all groups that do lobbying to give their supporters either pre-written letters or to give them talking/witing points to use in their own letters.
    True, but they don't usually come from people who are deceased.
    Here in Texas we have a long-standing tradition of letting dead people vote, so I don't see why they can't write letters too.
    True, but they don't usually come from people who are deceased.
    If memory serves me correctly (always a question with me) the article said that the dead peoples' names had been crossed out by their relatives and the relatives had signed them.

Here in Texas we have a long-standing tradition of letting dead people vote,
    It's not only in Texas, just ask anyone from Chicago or Massachusetts (among others). As we who do political consulting (as a side business) say "VOTE EARLY - VOTE OFTEN!!
    Jonathan