Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    So when you do it its hilarious though? Oh, I bet it was the context that made it hilarious- you did not mean it seriously, it was just an attempt to poke fun at the absurdity... Hmmm.
    Actually Les, what I thought made it a real knee-slapper was the fact that I was attempting to force Lynn Fox to account for bringing all of us into Howard's dirty little world. Your world Les, remember,the kind of with just two types of people?

The questions I asked were meant to be demeaning, the kind that Howard has made a career of asking women. I asked her questions of a sexual nature, and made up her embarrassed responses. I went too far.

I mentioned the time Howard said the N word 55 times on one show, and asked her if Palm thought that was OK. That was a really a serious reference as to whether a company like Palm should align itself with someone who does such things. I made up her response too. I had her say, "Sure, if it was funny". The point was you don't put your company in a position to even be asked such questions, let alone have to come up with a response.

You see Les, she has embarrassed me to a degree. I had never been so excited about a smartphone before. I watched Rubinstein several times at CES and marveled at the presentation.

I got a real kick out of Matias Duarte, with his funny sideburns, when he gave the WebOS demo. He was great, and his pride in his work was evident.

Palm got rave reviews, including mine. All the people behind the scenes at Palm too, that didn't make it up on the stage. Congratulations to them. They seemed at the top of their game.I wanted to be a part of that, and my only way was to buy the Pre.

But then Lynn Fox had to call the most famously vulgar radio show in the history of America, and associate Palm and all the rest of us with the most notoriously offensive shock jock ever.

Your spouse dies in a plane crash, Howard laughs. Your daughter is murdered in a high school massacre, Howard says they should have been sexually assaulted first. And he gets paid for it.

I can't even imagine a teenage Apple retail store employee pulling such a stupid stunt, and stunt was what it was.

I feel let down. Palm no longer has the same image in my mind.

I don't want to be a part of that, not even tangentially. I guess I am funny that way.
    Last edited by galavanter; 03/27/2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I find it ironic that you made vulgar fart jokes directed at me from up on your high horse.

Howard Stern broadcasts an adult show, make no mistake about that. Just the same, as Les pointed out, he is a legitimate broadcaster with some high profile guests (add Rosie O'Donnell and Al Roker to that list as well). All those people weren't too pure to be associated with Howard Stern. The guy is a radio personality, not Satan! And Palm is selling a phone, not rosary beeds.

Think about it. Martha Stewart, Barbara Walters, and Al Sharpton have more of a sense of humor about themselves than you do.

This whole conversation is ridiculous.
    Rhody! My fine fart friend! I swear I was just going to ask Les to let you out from under the covers to get your opinion!

Hey Rhody just be glad my horse didn't let one go.
    Last edited by galavanter; 03/27/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Actually Les, what I thought made it a real knee-slapper was the fact that I was attempting to force Lynn Fox to account for bringing all of us into Howard's dirty little world. Your world Les, remember,the kind of with just two types of people?

The questions I asked were meant to be demeaning, the kind that Howard has made a career of asking women. I asked her questions of a sexual nature, and made up her embarrassed responses. I went too far.

I mentioned the time Howard said the N word 55 times on one show, and asked her if Palm thought that was OK. That was a really a serious reference as to whether a company like Palm should align itself with someone who does such things. I made up her response too. I had her say, "Sure, if it was funny". The point was you don't put your company in a position to even be asked such questions, let alone have to come up with a response.

You see Les, she has embarrassed me to a degree. I had never been so excited about a smartphone before. I watched Rubinstein several times at CES and marveled at the presentation.

I got a real kick out of Matias Duarte, with his funny sideburns, when he gave the WebOS demo. He was great, and his pride in his work was evident.

Palm got rave reviews, including mine. All the people behind the scenes at Palm too, that didn't make it up on the stage. Congratulations to them. They seemed at the top of their game.I wanted to be a part of that, and my only way was to buy the Pre.

But then Lynn Fox had to call the most famously vulgar radio show in the history of America, and associate Palm and all the rest of us with the most notoriously offensive shock jock ever.

Your spouse dies in a plane crash, Howard laughs. Your daughter is murdered in a high school massacre, Howard says they should have been sexually assaulted first. And he gets paid for it.

I can't even imagine a teenage Apple retail store employee pulling such a stupid stunt, and stunt was what it was.

I feel let down. Palm no longer has the same image in my mind.

I don't want to be a part of that, not even tangentially. I guess I am funny that way.
    You realize his co-host of 25 years is black correct? You made up the comment about the murdered daughter, and you also made up the comment on the spouse on the plane. Why do you continue to want to believe that your understanding of the show is accurate when you clearly don't listen? You reference my two types of people comment and you clearly prove it!

You don't listen so all you know is what you hear from others who mostly dont listen! If you don't like it fine- but dont write detailed posts that only refer to figments of your imagination. Senators, Governers, Presidential canidates, and all types of celebrities visit the show. Do you think these people come on to the show to discuss strippers and make fun of school shootings? Maybe there is a huge element of the show that you don't recognize exists because you dont listen? Maybe you are missing something?

Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Hey guys -

would prefer the back-and-forth about Stern and his show go in off-topic, keep this stuff a bit more Pre-related. Direct implications, what was said, etc.

Thanks

edit: actually, seems pretty clear we're off topic now. Moving this thread to off topic. If folks want to start something up again in the pre thread that doesn't delve into the Stern show's specifics but stays focused on the pre, feel free.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I saw this Twitter post...

Twitter / Jeremy Sikora: Howard Stern on the Palm P ...

Did this happen already? I thought it wasn't happening until next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    So Berd...

Can Goat haz Pre now? I need someone to moderate into getting me a Pre before I flip out. You're a great MOD in my opinion... So...

Where's my Pre?

Once again, I think it's about time for the Goat to lay his hooves to bed. I'm getting delirious.
    Hey Goat, did you hear about the nanny goat's nightmare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hey guys -

would prefer the back-and-forth about Stern and his show go in off-topic, keep this stuff a bit more Pre-related. Direct implications, what was said, etc.

Thanks

edit: actually, seems pretty clear we're off topic now. Moving this thread to off topic. If folks want to start something up again in the pre thread that doesn't delve into the Stern show's specifics but stays focused on the pre, feel free.
    Dieter Bohn you really did bury this thread. I didn't realize till now. I've stayed off of the other Stern threads because I've had my say. But off topic on this one, nah.
    Last edited by galavanter; 04/03/2009 at 08:04 AM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234