Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Wow. This is quite a bit of discussion for somebody who "works for Palm" calling into the wrap-up show, which is hardly even radio and talking for about 10 seconds.
    And you've contributed plenty, except for this time.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    And you've contributed plenty, except for this time.
    Thanks
    Howard has been talking a lot more about the Pre. He said Palm has been in touch with him about getting him one. He is thinking about the Pre or Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rblack View Post
    Howard has been talking a lot more about the Pre. He said Palm has been in touch with him about getting him one. He is thinking about the Pre or Iphone.
    Heard that yesterday. He won't go BB becuase he loves Palm's threaded SMS.

If Palm has half an ounce of brains in their head they will get one of these things stable and over to him ASAP.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Looks like Stern will be trying out the Pre next week. Not a fan(O&A fan personally), but hopefully this gets the word out to the non-techies.

Howard Stern will test the Pre, Palm plans to sanitize phone after*|*My Pre
    That means we are getting close to a release. The only mistake bigger than denying Stern one of these would be giving him one that is buggy.

So what you are saying is that it is a vulgar, tasteless show? Shocking, really shocking.
    If I want to know how disgusting Howard is, I'll go visit his site.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post

So what you are saying is that it is a vulgar, tasteless show? Shocking, really shocking.
    No, I said much more than that, all with explicitly stated respect for this site. But both posts have been deleted. I guess I need a Sirius show to speak my mind without censorship.

Citing cleaned up examples of Stern's vulgarity and giving my opinion of why Palm shouldn't link themselves to him due to that vulgarity gets deleted. I'm gone.
    Last edited by galavanter; 03/27/2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If I want to know how disgusting Howard is, I'll go visit his site.
    That was the whole point of my posts berdinkerdickle. You don't have to visit his site now, you can just touch your Pre.
    TreoCentral is a site used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate.

I like to hang with my family. They are people of all ages.
    Grandparents, Children, Men and Women, Boys and Girls.
    The deleted post were not the kind of discussions we'd have when the young ones are around.
    Just call me Berd.
    If you have any further questions about moderation, we can talk via pm.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    So Berd...

Can Goat haz Pre now? I need someone to moderate into getting me a Pre before I flip out. You're a great MOD in my opinion... So...

Where's my Pre?

Once again, I think it's about time for the Goat to lay his hooves to bed. I'm getting delirious.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I like to hang with my family. They are people of all ages.
    Grandparents, Children, Men and Women, Boys and Girls.
    The deleted post were not the kind of discussions we'd have when the young ones are around.
    Fair enough. I would have hoped you would have selectively edited the posts instead. It is a bit ironic to have a post deleted for unsuitable content when one is only including it as a (redacted) example of anothers (Stern's) vulgarity. I do understand, but I must add that my make-believe Howard-like interview of Lynn Fox was simply hilarious for those who missed it.

In the end this just furthers my point, if I am allowed to make it another way. Stern's daily show is not suitable for this site, you, or your family. Stern is so vulgar on a regular basis that examples can't be posted here, and children must be shielded from hearing him.

So, quite naturally, Lynn Fox, representing Palm, seeks his endorsement. As I said earlier, many people may have just a vague idea of Stern's bad boy rep (including Fox), and don't realize how absolutely filthy his show is at times.

Forgetting Stern for a moment, personally I just can't fathom that a company like Palm would intentionally, or maybe overtly is a better term, associate themselves with anything or anyone so distasteful.

There's a reason companies dump product endorsers all the time when they get into situations which consumers might find objectionable. Companies work for years to establish a positive image, and try their best to distance themselves from any kind of controversy. Is Howard Stern the new Palm? Is Palm the new Snapple? As was mentioned in one of the above links, Stern gets one before David Pogue or Walt Mossberg?

Who knows, when the numbers are all in maybe it's a good move dollar wise. But when this consumer decides in June between the expected new iPhone and the Palm Pre, what has been planted in my head image wise by the respective companies will most definitely influence my decision.

iPhone

Apple - iPhone - Gallery - TV Ads

Pre

Last edited by galavanter; 03/27/2009 at 05:59 AM.
    The whole quote was taken out of context anyway. Certainly not family entertainment by any means but the context was that person had said that that they would do "anything" to come and plug their product on the show. So the bit is to see how many off the charts wild things they can come up with that she will say yes to. It is 60 seconds long- not an hr. Those were not typical interview questions and that was not an interview.

Plus that was a couple of months ago so you had to search to find something that met your criteria. You probably spent 30 minutes on that post which is funny in itself.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Last post on this. Here are some of the people who have been interviewed on the show in the last 2 years;

Barbara Walters
    Martha Stewart
    Paul McCartney
    Rudy Guliani
    Al Franken
    Bill Mahr
    Arlen Spector
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Donald Trump
    Nancy Sinatra
    Al Sharpton

Point is that this is not just a crass and vulgar show. In addition, 5 million plus listeners actually PAY for a HIGH TECH service to access to the show.

Palm is not crazy- your simply misinformed and are making judgments without having ever listened to the show.

It is fine you dont want to listen- but dont act like an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    The whole quote was taken out of context anyway. Certainly not family entertainment by any means but the context was that person had said that that they would do "anything" to come and plug their product on the show. So the bit is to see how many off the charts wild things they can come up with that she will say yes to. It is 60 seconds long- not an hr. Those were not typical interview questions and that was not an interview.
    Oh I get it now Les, thanks.

I won't dare provide the link but anyone can go to howardstern.com, click on the Rundown tab, and then select May 14, 2008. What would Tabatha Stevens do? I picked a random date out of thin air. Worthy of Palm? Worthy of us as supporters, customers, and promoters of Palm?

Just yesterday I walked into my local Tmobile store to visit. I informed my friend and 3 other reps about the Palm Pre (previously unknown to all), and as I left they were viewing the Pre demo from CES off the Palm site, on their Tmo terminals.

My internist will check it out thanks to me, as I promised him Epocrates near launch.

A coworker recently asked me about that "new phone" I had been talking up. He forgot the name but he's on Sprint and looking to upgrade.

Again, as I stated in my previously deleted (justifiably) post, this is a Palm Pre discussion board and Palm has intentionally linked themselves to this trash. Unfortunately, it is relevant and on topic, vulgar as it is.
    I want to know one thing.... what the hell is Stuttering Johns job on Leno? He's just the announcer, right? He announces who's on the show, and then says Leno's name, that's all he does, right?
    I do understand, but I must add that my make-believe Howard-like interview of Lynn Fox was simply hilarious for those who missed it.
    So when you do it its hilarious though? Oh, I bet it was the context that made it hilarious- you did not mean it seriously, it was just an attempt to poke fun at the absurdity... Hmmm.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Oh I get it now Les, thanks.

I won't dare provide the link but anyone can go to howardstern.com, click on the Rundown tab, and then select May 14, 2008. What would Tabatha Stevens do? I picked a random date out of thin air. Worthy of Palm? Worthy of us as supporters, customers, and promoters of Palm?

Just yesterday I walked into my local Tmobile store to visit. I informed my friend and 3 other reps about the Palm Pre (previously unknown to all), and as I left they were viewing the Pre demo from CES off the Palm site, on their Tmo terminals.

My internist will check it out thanks to me, as I promised him Epocrates near launch.

A coworker recently asked me about that "new phone" I had been talking up. He forgot the name but he's on Sprint and looking to upgrade.

Again, as I stated in my previously deleted (justifiably) post, this is a Palm Pre discussion board and Palm has intentionally linked themselves to this trash. Unfortunately, it is relevant and on topic, vulgar as it is.
    I find it ironic that you made vulgar fart jokes directed at me from up on your high horse.

Howard Stern broadcasts an adult show, make no mistake about that. Just the same, as Les pointed out, he is a legitimate broadcaster with some high profile guests (add Rosie O'Donnell and Al Roker to that list as well). All those people weren't too pure to be associated with Howard Stern. The guy is a radio personality, not Satan! And Palm is selling a phone, not rosary beeds.

Think about it. Martha Stewart, Barbara Walters, and Al Sharpton have more of a sense of humor about themselves than you do.

This whole conversation is ridiculous.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast