1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    With guys in funny looking outfits jumping around while using lame metaphors and speaking of themselves in the 3rd person in the not too distant past, it's apparent Oakland has been behind on a few things too .
    One thing Oakland isn't behind in is gov't incompetence and corruption.

Corrupt Justice™: Deborah Edgerly, Corrupt former Oakland City Administrator

When the person who runs the city (the city administrator does in Oakland, not the mayor) is basically passing police investigation info to criminal gang members via her nephew, you know things are bad. Her problem is she decided to protest a little to loudly, and she stepped in it. How many gangsters went on to kill again based on her tips? To me, she is culpable for many murders.

The fact she is not rotting in a cell for the rest of her life is a travesty. Instead she, is sitting back with $250K/year plus full benefits for the rest of her life (40-50 years). Crime doesn't just pay - it pays well.

It's really too bad. Oakland is a great city...if you take away the city gov't, and the lowlife crime elements.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/11/2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    One thing Oakland isn't behind in is gov't incompetence and corruption.

Corrupt Justice™: Deborah Edgerly, Corrupt former Oakland City Administrator

When the person who runs the city (the city administrator does in Oakland, not the mayor) is basically passing police investigation info to criminal gang members via her nephew, you know things are bad. Her problem is she decided to protest a little to loudly, and she stepped in it. How many gangsters went on to kill again based on her tips? To me, she is culpable for many murders.

The fact she is not rotting in a cell for the rest of her life is a travesty. Instead she, is sitting back with $250K/year plus full benefits for the rest of her life (40-50 years). Crime doesn't just pay - it pays well.

It's really too bad. Oakland is a great city...if you take away the city gov't, and the lowlife crime elements.

At least your mayor wasn't caught allegedly having sex with an under age boy in the bathroom at City Hall. They say they were just smooching, but who knows. Oh, and our mayor is a man.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    They say they were just smooching, but who knows. Oh, and our mayor is a man.

And with that, I think we need to close this sidebar, because...well just yuck!!!
    <<Moved from Pro Forum>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/11/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Just call me Berd.