Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I think the sensitive nerve area is the shot part for your comparison. If we take what you are saying about Bush chimp comparisons and add shooting it, then the secret service would have been at the cartoonist's door.
    Except that my point is that those cartoonists were actually comparing Bush to a chimp. There was _zero_ resemblance between this depicted chimp and Obama. Do you honestly believe that Obama wrote the stimulus bill?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Is it not interesting that this claim comes at a time when America has elected its first black president in history?
    It's not at all interesting in that way. It's probably the most appropriate time for it to come up. We are obviously not at the point yet where it's a non-event. So, obviously there are still 'racial' issues that remain unresolved (I think they are more accurately ethnic issues, but...). There are probably more of them than many realize.
    Does this not strike anyone as highly inappropriate, or am i being outrageously inappropriate for pointing this out?
    You're not being inappropriate for pointing it out, although, I do think that it's possible you're being a tad out of measure. The US is a nation of cowards when it comes to discussing things 'racial'. This includes _everyone_. 'White' people are either scared to out their opinions on things, or scared to death of offending someone unintentionally and being labeled a racist. 'Black' people are scared to lose their 'power' over 'white' people with the race card, or scared to confront the fact that 'white' people are not as monolithic as some want to present.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    The SS was never at Bush's door in those cartoons. Not a good example.

The bill was written by Nancy, not Obama; however, Obama is the one stuck with moving it on. Much of the bill goes against what Obama ran on and none of it goes against the history of Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I think the sensitive nerve area is the shot part for your comparison. If we take what you are saying about Bush chimp comparisons and add shooting it, then the secret service would have been at the cartoonist's door.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    What are you even talking about?
    daThomas' post.
    daThomas' post.
    He never said anything about the secret service at Bush's door.
    WTF are you talking about?

edited to add, sorry hadn't seen that had already been asked.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12