1.    #1  
    I know that a degaussing coil removes EMF from a monitor's circuits, but I have a button to degaussing my monitor. When I press it, it gets wavy and kind of spins, then reverts to normal. Is this something I should do say daily?
    Not really, but it won't hurt anything. I usually don't use mine until/unless I notice that the edges of the screen are out of focus or wavy, etc. Then using the degauss usually fixes the problem.
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
    Your monitor degausses everytime it boots or reboots. If you are running Windows (X) then a good reboot is necessary every once in awhile anyway. If you run a vacuum cleaner or other high EMF device then hitting the degauss button might fix those annoying flickers or color variations.

Otherwise, don't bother unless your on drugs and you want a "trip" effect while the monitor recovers.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #4  
    Alrightly, thanks guys!