Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't post in All Handhelds, I have no Handheld

I can't post in Visor Edge, I've returned it.

I can't post in Visor Prism, I've yet to buy one.

Do I even belong here?

I've already had scheduling problems for this weekend, and I just shipped the Edge back yesterday 'round 3.

Did you know that it's more work to read a book than a Visor? Your eyes have to constantly shift down as you read.

About the only thing keeping me together is the thought of being able to use my Stowaway again.

Will color be as great as I've hoped?

Will the Prism be just too goddamned fat?

Am I a complete ***** for upgrading when there are new devices in the rumormill and prices will inevitably drop? Do I even care?

Suddendly, my wife is very possessive of her VDX.

I acutally used the Palm Desktop yesterday. I have the old version. The interface sucks.

17 hours, 7 of which were sleeping. Can I make it?

Could you?
    In your down time, you could always download the new Palm Desktop from HandSprings website.

At least the Interface should be improved.

I think that you will like the Prism. I loved my Deluxe, but the Color screen in beautiful.

I am constantly tempted to upgrade. First the M505, then the Clie (that one really pushes me), and the constant rumors on future products. However, there is nothing out now, or on the horizon, that indicates the Prism will be outdated or that it would need replacing.

The biggest downfall I can found is trying to use the screen outdoors. That is truly the only complaint I have.

I think you will be very satisfied with the Prism. It has been a wonderful PDA and still impresses me when I use it.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    I loved the prism. It's a really nice machine. I wish things could've worked out between us. Unfortunately, between not being able to see very well outside and not having it on my person as much as a pda should be because of size/weight factors and the need for a very solid device to handle my affection, the prism just wasn't an informed purchase for me.

As for going visorless...there's absolutely no way. I don't think I'd remember my name if it wasn't on my lock-out screen everytime I turn my visor on.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    When my wife's IIIc crashed a week ago, I magnanimously offered to let her use my Prism, and said I use my old VDX (Actually the Plan was that if she took a liking to the Prism, I could give it to her and then buy one of the new models coming out after 8/19).

Turned out my daughter had been playing with the VDX, dropped it and cracked it, and screwed up the sync mechanism. NO Visor for me. I took the iPaq which was laying around the house, synched to Outlook, but the damn thing was too big, too heavy and too hard to use.

Meanwhile, wife said one night: Your Prism thingy is too fat, it doesn't fit in my case (Coach leather, costs more than a solo or the soon to be reduced VDX).

Fortunately, Handspring got me a free replacement VDX within 2 days, and so did Palm for the IIIc.

I presented the "new" IIIc to my wife when she got back from work, expecting a big "My Hero" kiss and hug. She looked at me and said. "Do you really have to take the Prism back? I was going to ask if you'd install Datebook 4 and show me how to add pictures to Splash Photo. And maybe get a modem for AOL."

Arrrgh! The devious Plan worked, but now I really don't think I'm gonna want one of the new "mid-range" models. I want my Prism back.
    -Michael-
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Can I make it?

Could you?
    No, I couldn't. That is why I own 2 Visors.
    I could make it, but that's only because I have three other serviceable PDAs (a Blackberry, Mako, and VDX). But I'd miss my Prism. You will love it, although it is a bit of a brick.
    I suppose now you are going to want your StarTac cable back.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by flips13
    I suppose now you are going to want your StarTac cable back.
    LOL!!

Well, I ditched the StarTac too (cost), using that wireless web really bit me in the rear. They don't have a decent $20 plan over there at Sprint, either.

So I don't have any digital devices on my person right now, I feel so, so, bereft
    Well, I ditched the StarTac too <snip>
    I am relieved I am still the envy of the office cause I can go wireless.
    So I don't have any digital devices on my person right now, I feel so, so, bereft
    I hate it when that happens. I feel naked without some piece of electronica. Now there is an idea for a case, the Visor Loin Cloth case..... Maybe someone will adapt the Visor Lanyard
    I've already had scheduling problems for this weekend, and I just shipped the Edge back yesterday 'round 3.
    Why did you get rid of this Edge?
    Will color be as great as I've hoped?
    I think so. When programming, I've found that color gives me a greater effective resolution to the screen.
    Compare the b/w and color versions of the app I'm working on:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by reeseman

No, I couldn't. That is why I own 2 Visors.
    Ditto!
    When I get a little money I buy books; if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
  13.    #13  
    Why didn't anybody tell me that color was this cool...

Although I can't stick the Prism in my shirt pocket, the heft of it is somehow more satisfying.

I can't put it in my back pocket, though.

Splashphoto with a matchbook and VFS helper ROCKS, I can't wait for them to stop dumping photos into the Palm/Launcher directory, because then the speed with simply be amazing.

I like springboards, I missed springboards.

Man, these scroll buttons on the Prism seem kinda, well, chubby.

You'd think for something this size, the could'a stuck a voice recorder in it...

Diddlebug has been acting up, I had to delete it. Maybe I'll try to reinstall (I'd hate to lose it, then I'd have to pay for bugme).

Dang, I have to pay for Zap now, it's too cool not to.

Man o Man, look at all the accessories I can get. My Stowaway works again!

Well, the Wordsmith fonts are cool, but not mind-boggling.

Boy, it's nice to have a reset pin with me wherever I go.

I'm back!
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 08/21/2001 at 08:19 AM.
    Diddlebug has been acting up, I had to delete it. Maybe I'll try to reinstall (I'd hate to lose it, then I'd have to pay for bugme).
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that there is an update for Diddlebug that works on color machines.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by Winchell
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that there is an update for Diddlebug that works on color machines.
    Yep, but it's in Beta, thanks, though, I just assumed my current version supported color
    .... I just assumed my current version supported color
    But you know what they say when you assume something
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by flips13
    But you know what they say when you assume something
    The only good thing about that move with Sam Jackson and Gina Davis:

You just made an assumption. Do you know what that means? You just made an a$$ out of you, and umption.
    ...Or something like that.
    I have heard it said, "never assume... it makes an a$$ out of 'u' and me."

Originally posted by tiilikainen
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
    Originally posted by tiilikainen

Personally, I prefer "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups."
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast