1.    #1  
    Ineligibility clause of constitution prohibits the appointment. According to Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, made the announcement today. Mr constitution, Barack Obama seems to have blundered big time here, it would appear. I thought this guy was supposed to be on the ball?

Change you can believe in, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Ineligibility clause of constitution prohibits the appointment. According to Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, made the announcement today. Mr constitution, Barack Obama seems to have blundered big time here, it would appear. I thought this guy was supposed to be on the ball?

Change you can believe in, folks.
    Ah yes, Judicial Watch. They certainly sound credible. Let's look them up. Hmmm, so basically they're a tool for Richard Mellon Scaife, a long time Conservative Clinton hater who funded the Arkansas Project which led to the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

So basically this post is about as meaningful as quoting Rush Limbaugh on the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Ah yes, Judicial Watch. They certainly sound credible. Let's look them up. Hmmm, so basically they're a tool for Richard Mellon Scaife, a long time Conservative Clinton hater who funded the Arkansas Project which led to the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

So basically this post is about as meaningful as quoting Rush Limbaugh on the Constitution.

now I don't mean to be an alarmist.

I just thought that the responsible thing to do would be if I let at least everyone here know that I've begun to quietly give away all my worldly possessions, said goodbye to my loved ones, and made right with my creator --

because I've always known that come the day that D'Thomas speaks well of and defends the Clintons, that this can mean only one thing:

THE RAPTURE IS NIGH !!!!
    Last edited by BARYE; 01/31/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)

never!
    Well, you have 2 tax cheats in the cabinet. What's the difference?
    Notice how the OP just drops these right-wing talking point posts and never comments about any feedback. Basically a propagandist.
    Nah. What concerns me is the conflict of interest - again, if this were a republican administration, you would be all over it. Change? None.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Nah. What concerns me is the conflict of interest - again, if this were a republican administration, you would be all over it. Change? None.
    Yea,but I would respond to and engage in the discussion. Not just drop the talking points all over the boards just to spout the Right's propaganda.
    Possibly so; however, you also espouse the left's propaganda. He, you and me, we are guilty.
    Judical Watch is wrong anyway. This has occurred before, and the precedent is simply that the member taking the job forgoes the pay increase that was voted during his/her service in Congress.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There is still the conflict of interest. She is dealing with people/countries that have a direct interest in Billy-Bob. Not taking pay does not remove the conflict of interest. Removing Hillary and Bill and the rest of the Clinton Administration from Obama's team removes the conflict of interest. Heck, remove them and Obama has no one!
    Have you even read what the ineligibility clause says? It has nothing to do with any of Bill's conflicts of interest, real or imagined.

What the clause says is that no member of congress can take an executive branch position if that position was created, or its pay increased, while the member was in the Congress. Since the pay of cabinet members was increased while Hillary was in the Senate, the clause seems to make her ineligible. But since the goal was to prevent the Congress from creating a position, or increasing the salary of a position, that one of its members will benefit from.

By forgoing the salary increase, and getting paid the old salary, Hillary forgoes any benefit that her position might have created. Hillary isn't the first, nor will she be the last, to do this. Get over it. Even most Republicans in the Senate voted for her confirmation.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It still reeks with the stink of "change." The same old stuff, the same old clothing. No change at all and that cannot be argued with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It still reeks with the stink of "change." The same old stuff, the same old clothing. No change at all and that cannot be argued with.
    Much change... just because you don't like obama and went so far as to pull out racist comments before his election, don't hate...

Don't hate....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Racist comments? Really? Post them for the moderator to review.