1.    #1  
    first I want to say, I searched through old threads, and hte "apple store" thread kinda got mroe into the intel vs. apple thing so I said I'll start a new thread.

Let me tell you. The Apple Store at the Mall of America is UNBELIVABLE! I had to forgo dinner, and I left my family to go hang their for an hour. They HAVE EVERYTHIGN! I was amazed. Visors, Mp3 players, eveyr brand of cameras were there. They had like 20 people in the store helping out. They had this supr bright display for presentations, let me tell you I was amazed. Somebody designed it nicely. I think I ened up using: a iBook, a TiBook, a G4 (new design - to me, a lot different than the pictures tell), and snow imacs. EVERYTHING WAS WHITE! Amazing. AND THE MONITORS! OMG! Apple has like their 18 inch LCD screens out - not the cinima display, but a bit smaller. magnificant! They also had a huge 22 inch + Sony CRT. Such a clear image.

I even foudn new products! How about an HP Wireless Printserver? I did mention, did i, that the whole things airbooked. The only cables are the power, and cable locks on the laptop.

I was AMAZED. Utterly shocked... It was, how do I say it, beautiful. BTW, they had an edge out. This is the first time I've ever been able to use a compelte decked out edge. FlipCover, Stylus, AND unit. WOW...

If your near an apple store, Go. As fast as you can. I watned t oget a t-shirt, but they said they sold out in the first hour on saturday (when they opened) and when they got a new shipment in monday, the same thing happend. *sigh*
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Finally, A reason to go to the megamall!
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    You're making me sad, I love Apple...and still haven't been able to get down to the Apple Store down in Glendale...no car...hehe...Making me wanna go even more...sounds awesome...

Nelson
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I can't wait 'til the store in Palo Alto opens. At work, we keep seeing video of the stores and getting all kinds of info on how they are doing, but I really want to see one too.
  5.    #5  
    Tell me, how ARE they doing? I read one report that said something like they needed to make 4 million a year off of each store - to get good profit.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    I was AMAZED. Utterly shocked... It was, how do I say it, beautiful.
    Don't let yourself get sucked over to the darkside Miradu. The Bible even talks bad about Mac's...

Matthew 7: 13-14
    "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction [Apple Computers], and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life [PC Computers].

Proof positive that God has stock in Microsoft. In fact, he probably did some sort of cool switcheroo and went back in time to BUY stock.
    They are doing VERY well. This is to be expected right after opening.

The question is whether or not they can continue at the same rate. There is an opinion that the Apple stores are important in that they provide a knowledgeable source of info for consumners. Some amount of business will be generated later by people that have been sold in the stores, buying over the Internet. The best prices are still at places like Mac Warehouse. But people are leary about spending that kiund of money until they have actually touched the equipment. This is especially true of coverts from other platforms.

This kind of effect is tough to track, so will probably never show up in the bottom line for the retail outlets, but still sdds to their value.
  8.    #8  
    If anyone wants to send me a TiBook, or an iBook (perferably new), I'll gladly switch over to the "dark side" for laptop usage j/k everyone

I will say though, that if I ever get a laptop, it will be an apple, cuase they rock the world. Now fo desktops, I need something that I can trickle $100 in every couple months, so it's constanly a changing, I change the mobo every 2 years, and it gets a new name..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by creole
    Matthew 7: 13-14
    "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction [Apple Computers], and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life [PC Computers].
    considering that Apple has only about 5-10% of the computer market, 'twoud seem that Microsoft-based PC's are "wide and the way is broad" ...
    I don't think you've proved anything, positive or negative.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    I think Milwaukee is where one will eventually be: the local CompUSA is charging a few hundred more for the tiMac than list price, and you can't haggle the price down.

(They'll haggle other stuff down by a few bucks, or maybe a whole hundred on select software, but not on the hardware.)

Hope so. Love to get it from the source.
    Obfuscation is the philosophy of quality politics.