1.    #1  
    I know there are a whole lot of minnisotians (is that correct?) on these boards, and I was wondering, what do you, or anybody else, think of the current governer of Minnisota? Will you re-elect him? Do you think that he'll be re-elected? Just wondering.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I know there are a whole lot of minnisotians (is that correct?) on these boards, and I was wondering, what do you, or anybody else, think of the current governer of Minnisota? Will you re-elect him? Do you think that he'll be re-elected? Just wondering.
    I don't even know if he'll run. Honestly, I didn't like him at first. Then, as more people started to hate him, he grew on me. I like the guy. He seems dumb as paint, but I'm not so sure. His lack of experience helps him come up with good ideas, but the two party system gets him down. Will he run again, maybe. I kind of hope not, I'd rather he endorse somebody else fresh and new. Ventura has always said that he considers public office to be a temporary duty, that it is something that people should do for a time and then quit. I agree.

However, I will vote for good old Wellstone again, despite the fact that he is going back on his word to only run twice. Term limits only work if they're applied universally. The Man is still in Washington.
    I like him a lot. Mainly because he isn't a 'politician', but also because he isn't part of the two-party system.

I think he's a farily smart man, too. He certainly isn't able to think before he speaks, and he get's a LOT of crap for that, but that also keeps people talking...which is a good thing.

To be honest, I can't think of anything bad he's done, other than **** people off with stupid sayings. And he seems to be slowly out growing that stage as well. He seems to tolerate the press a bit better now (or, at least keeps it to himself).

And I commend him for saying 'I don't know' when he's asked about a topic he doesn't understand. Few politicians would have the guts to do that.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    OK...one bad thing I just tought of...he's cut a lot of education spending. I don't like that.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    OK...one bad thing I just tought of...he's cut a lot of education spending. I don't like that.
    Yeah, but as I'm about to go to the U of MN, I have to admit he's right that there's quite a bit of bloat over there. Jesse's got a good idea in that he throws money at the right stuff, usually. Now, his commissioner of Education, Christine Jax, I hate her. She's an ignorant clod who doesn't know the difference between education and the teacher's union.
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Term limits only work if they're applied universally.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

We already have term limits everywhere - they are called elections!
    Jonathan
    Originally posted by jhappel
    We already have term limits everywhere - they are called elections!
    Well, yes and no. Elections are well and good if the system isn't controlled by two party money-driven systems. With the party juggernauts behind them, it's easy for politicians to stay in office for life, so long as they have an ounce of charisma and intelligence. Note I didn't say integrity or ethical prowess, those aren't requirements for office. With hard and fast term limits, the money machine wouldn't be broken, but it would at least be funding new people with new ideas every few years. Instead, it funds the same old, same old, with the results you see in D.C. today.
    I don't live in Minnesota but when I had a layover at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport they had a bunch of jesse ventura T-shirts at the stores in the airport. It kinda tells you something about a governor when there are T-shirts with your picture on it. I haven't found one t-shirt here in Arizona with Jane Hull's picture on it or a t-shirt in Kansas with Bill Graves picture on it. When I fly back home to Kansas on Saturday, I connect in Minneapolis again. Maybe I will get one of those t-shirts.

jason
    hmm - first thign I thought was, that's my governer!

He is really bad on education spending, kinda funny when Lt. Governer used to be in the top of St. Paul public schools - BUT he's made all the right desciison on abortion and womens rights. So overall he hasn't sucked, but he hasn't really done anythign special..

He's no way as bad as bush..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    He's no way as bad as bush.
    No one is.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer

No one is.
    What has Bush done that is supposedly so bad?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.