Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108
  1.    #1  
    Vote the republicans out because of all their corruption and scandals. The democrats will be better. Yeah right.

    " I'm in this to make money!!!!!"

    Business as usual. One group of thieves replaces another group of thieves. THAT`S the nature of politics, folks.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/...rruption_probe

    "The U.S. Attorney in Chicago says federal investigators bugged Blagojevich's campaign offices and placed a tap on his home phone. At a news conference on Tuesday, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said the corruption charges represent "a truly new low."

    An FBI affidavit says the 51-year-old Democrat was intercepted on wiretaps conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife.

    FBI chief Robert Grant says even seasoned investigators were stunned by what they heard on those tapes.

    Fitzgerald described the situation by saying: "We were in the middle of a corruption crime spree and we wanted to stop it."

    The governor has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing."


    Amazing times in this country. Just to list a few others ...The Louisiana governor was proven to be corrupt, L.C Hastings is a beaut, Nj's Menendez is a charm as well. Future's lookin bright.
    Last edited by treobk214; 12/09/2008 at 12:39 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    ...The Louisiana governor was proven to be corrupt
    You have to go back to Edwards to try and make a point?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Vote the republicans out because of all their corruption and scandals. The democrats will be better. Yeah right.

    " I'm in this to make money!!!!!"

    Business as usual. One group of thieves replaces another group of thieves. THAT`S the nature of politics, folks.
    very curious how the indictment is for a crime that supposedly happened only days ago -- the election was what, a month ago ?? Has anyone ever heard of a major indictment rushed out to the courthouse like this before ??? They zoomed at hyper speed to announce it before a replacement was named, before junior left power.

    Curious indeed.

    I only hope they find the time to finally indict junior before he scuttles from office ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 12/09/2008 at 02:35 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You have to go back to Edwards to try and make a point?
    Try? I don't have to try. It is what it is.. Scandals are rampant on the democratic side just as they are on the republican side.

    Its disgusting.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    very curious how the indictment is for a crime that supposedly happened only days ago -- the election was what, a month ago ?? Has anyone ever heard of a major indictment rushed out to the courthouse like this before ??? They zoomed at hyper speed to announce it before a replacement was named, before junior left power.

    Curious indeed.

    I only hope they find the time to finally indict junior before he scuttles from office ...
    He was a mess as well. I'm sure they will be identified. One would hope we'd have a party to turn to as a rescue from corruption when we elect new officials to replace one set of criminals. But we don't. The same set of problems exists on both sides of the aisle.

    Very discouraging.

    By the way, did you hear what this guy supposedly said while his conversation was being tapped?!

    WOW.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    He was a mess as well. I'm sure they will be identified. One would hope we'd have a party to turn to as a rescue from corruption when we elect new officials to replace one set of criminals. But we don't. The same set of problems exists on both sides of the aisle.

    Very discouraging.

    By the way, did you hear what this guy supposedly said while his conversation was being tapped?!

    WOW.
    if true the allegations are troubling -- the timing and everything else though remains strange ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Try? I don't have to try. It is what it is..
    And what is it? Other than trying to put the stink on the 'other side'?
    Scandals are rampant on the democratic side just as they are on the republican side.
    LOL...they're so rampant you had to drag out a conviction from eight years ago? At least bring up something more current like Jefferson or Vitter.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  8. #8  
    No matter if "fast" or not... phone conversations are always (almost) a slam dunk for the prosecution.

    This was ignorance to the nth degree.

    I hope he is found guilty and fried... you know, it is funny how people think they can get away with ANYTHING.

    Not sure what this has to do with "democrats" or "republicans."

    Why don't we simply say that the majority of "white" politicians are corrupt and we need more "others" filling these offices*. That is about as bad as blaming one party or another... these are people...

    *We won't mention the the guy from detroit... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. #9  
    Interesting how all of this is coming from people who don't even live here!!

    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    very curious how the indictment is for a crime that supposedly happened only days ago -- the election was what, a month ago ?? Has anyone ever heard of a major indictment rushed out to the courthouse like this before ??? They zoomed at hyper speed to announce it before a replacement was named, before junior left power.

    Curious indeed.

    I only hope they find the time to finally indict junior before he scuttles from office ...


    He's been watched by the government for a LONG time. That's well known around here. He was likely the high public official Rezko mentioned. He also taunted the investigators yesterday in a TV interview, he knew he was being taped or at least suspected. It might have been personal on the investigators' end if they saw that interview, which is certainly possible.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    He's been watched by the government for a LONG time. That's well known around here. He was likely the high public official Rezko mentioned. He also taunted the investigators yesterday in a TV interview, he knew he was being taped or at least suspected. It might have been personal on the investigators' end if they saw that interview, which is certainly possible.
    With such a high-profile case, I'd doubt if any of this is "personal." At least not to the degree you are insinuating.

    Guess is the tapes will prove the case... if the context is right. He might claim he knew of the taping, but just like I can't go into a crowded movie and scream "bomb" he can't go around suggesting "seat for sale."

    And I learned a long time ago, it does not matter where people are from... you can live someplace your entire life, but 9 times out of 10, we all get our news from the same place... although, we might have different levels of "gossip" that spreads.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12. #12  
    Apparently you missed the interview, perhaps due to not being from here. The governor challenged and taunted the prosecutors about taping him, and that may be why they decided to arrest him NOW rather than later.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    And what is it? Other than trying to put the stink on the 'other side'?

    LOL...they're so rampant you had to drag out a conviction from eight years ago? At least bring up something more current like Jefferson or Vitter.
    You are clearly just being defensive. Look, face the facts. Both parties are riddled with corruption. It is naive to think otherwise.

    Its not putting the stink on the other party, its simply pointing out truths. You have to admit there are big problems in your party as well.

    Why is that so difficult for you?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No matter if "fast" or not... phone conversations are always (almost) a slam dunk for the prosecution.

    This was ignorance to the nth degree.

    I hope he is found guilty and fried... you know, it is funny how people think they can get away with ANYTHING.

    Not sure what this has to do with "democrats" or "republicans."

    Why don't we simply say that the majority of "white" politicians are corrupt and we need more "others" filling these offices*. That is about as bad as blaming one party or another... these are people...

    *We won't mention the the guy from detroit... lol

    I'm not sure why you're talking about the white vs "other" thing. That was never even remotely the goal of my post.

    My whole point was that it IS a republican AND democrat thing, regardless of race, there is corruption on both sides. We have big problems with corruption and it seems to be very prevalent.

    We DO need change, in many ways and on many levels and in BOTH parties..
  15. #15  
    I trust no politician or corporation completely. They are usually out for themselves, first and foremost. They may half-way have our interests at heart, but I never rely on anything they say 100%.

    But it was suspected that Blagojevich was bad from the start, at least locally. He is a son of Chicago politics, and that says it all. There were rumors of campaign shenanigans and pay-for-play for a while now. Plus he screwed us over by his childish attitude in office. Try to find some local stories online, I'm sure they're there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I'm not sure why you're talking about the white vs "other" thing. That was never even remotely the goal of my post.

    My whole point was that it IS a republican AND democrat thing, regardless of race, there is corruption on both sides. We have big problems with corruption and it seems to be very prevalent.

    We DO need change, in many ways and on many levels and in BOTH parties..
    Not exactly as I interpreted your original post to start this thread... but whatever... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Apparently you missed the interview, perhaps due to not being from here. The governor challenged and taunted the prosecutors about taping him, and that may be why they decided to arrest him NOW rather than later.
    I did not miss anything ... from far away.

    Nice way to attempt to make your point again... passive aggressive, I like it.

    Let me guess: he has no plans on turning over his seat? Do I need to be there to guess that as well. Bet I can guess that without reading anyplace. His attitude of "do anything" would lead me to believe he would not give up his position anyway.... Even if found guilty, I'd bet he would run for governor again. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I trust no politician or corporation completely. They are usually out for themselves, first and foremost. They may half-way have our interests at heart, but I never rely on anything they say 100%.

    But it was suspected that Blagojevich was bad from the start, at least locally. He is a son of Chicago politics, and that says it all. There were rumors of campaign shenanigans and pay-for-play for a while now. Plus he screwed us over by his childish attitude in office. Try to find some local stories online, I'm sure they're there.
    This was the first I had heard of this guy. I hadn't seen any coverage o his previous indiscretions while in office so naturally this would come as a shock.

    I don't trust politicians at all. They tell us they are running with our interests in mind, but I'd say, most of the time, they are simply opportunists in some form or fashion, rarely taking office with the sole incentive being the good of the people.

    As we can see here, many have the attitude of " screw the people". I'm in this for me and my cronies.

    Its evident on both sides in politics and, as you said, in corporations.

    A damned shame.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Not exactly as I interpreted your original post to start this thread... but whatever... lol
    OT has focused squarely upon the missteps of the republicans over the years.

    I think it is only right to hold the democrats to the same critical eye. Nothing wrong with that. Its a healthy state of checks and balances, isn't it?

    If you read my "original" post, you'll clearly see that I included the republicans in my criticism. You seem to have missed that, but, like you said....whatever.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    OT has focused squarely upon the missteps of the republicans over the years.

    I think it is only right to hold the democrats to the same critical eye. Nothing wrong with that. Its a healthy state of checks and balances, isn't it?
    If you read my "original" post, you'll clearly see that I included the republicans in my criticism. You seem to have missed that, but, like you said....whatever.

    And so my reply to your original post.

    In your reply to my reply, you seemed to suggest my reply off or something... so you now confirm my reply was warranted.

    I don't care either way... Dems or Reps... next week there will be some other politician to talk about.

    Weak political news seems to keep this OT forum going...

    Where is Ben? Since obama wiped McCain off the political map, Ben has not been back... Poor Benclunker.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions