Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Why was this thread started anyway? To talk about the Blagojevich scandal or to argue? At first I thought it was to discuss the scandal which is in my backyard, but there seems to be something else going on here.
    Try reading the original post. Should help. Wait, I thought you knew everything?

    I started off talking about the illinois governor. You folks turned it into an argument. That's what ELSE is going on here.

    By the way, your backyard's a mess, and I don't have to be a resident to be able to say that.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Try reading the original post. Should help. Wait, I thought you knew everything?

    I started off talking about the illinois governor. You folks turned it into an argument. That's what ELSE is going on here.

    By the way, your backyard's a mess, and I don't have to be a resident to be able to say that.
    ROFL....

    Funny thing is that everyone gets the same news from the same sources.... all available online... unless you personally know some of the people involved or are personally involved. Outside of that it is all gossip... and we know how that ends up most of the time.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  3.    #83  
    Impeachment of Blagojevich pushed...

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/...ich/index.html

    Its about time.

    ""I hope that the governor himself comes to the conclusion that he can no longer effectively serve and that he does resign," Obama said, speaking before announcing his pick to lead the Department of Health and Human Services, former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle.

    Obama said he was as "appalled and disappointed as anyone" by the allegations against the Democratic governor, and said he was confident his staff was not involved in the alleged scandal.


    Obama said he had never spoken to the governor on the subject, adding he was confident that "no representatives of mine would have any part of any deals related to this seat."


    Blagojevich and Harris are each charged with a count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and a count of solicitation of bribery, authorities said.

    The count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, while the count of solicitation of bribery carries a maximum sentence of 10 years"
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ROFL....

    Funny thing is that everyone gets the same news from the same sources.... all available online... unless you personally know some of the people involved or are personally involved. Outside of that it is all gossip... and we know how that ends up most of the time.
    Lol. I would agree. Id say the blagojevich case is a little more than just gossip though.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The conclusions you've drawn are very strange. But I could say the same about you. You seem to think you know everything here and that everyone else's opinions are not important. What's even more amusing is that you seem to think people should live in the town of a corrupt official before they are allowed to comment on them. I mean..... Bizarre!!! lol.


    That's like saying you can't comment on the president because you don't live in the same town he does.



    You simply don't like others attacking your party. That's the long and the short of it, and you're getting snarky here because of it.

    Pretty easy to see.
    Try again. I was hoping to have some meaningful discussion on this subject. Instead all I see is fighting and bashing. That isn't why I came into this thread.

    And one reason why I'd like to see comments from some actual RESIDENTS is because this thread has turned into something that really ISN'T about the governor. I was hoping someone would come in and get back on topic and start a real discussion and not a *****fest. However I'm beginning to see why they're staying out of this thread. You really aren't commenting much on the governor's scandal but mainly bashing and arguing.

    I already told you MORE THAN ONCE that I don't support Blagojevich so I don't know where you get that I'm upset about you speaking against the Democratic party. If someone is wrong, they're wrong, no matter the party.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/12/2008 at 05:08 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Try reading the original post. [...]
    Speaking of the original post... To which Louisiana governor were you referring there? Yes, I think it's obvious what's going on here. You weren't referring to a Louisiana governor at all. You read something about William Jefferson and either didn't read completely or got sloppy and referred to him as a Louisiana governor. Instead of admitting that, you'd rather try and paint others as defensive partisans, because that's the only explanation that could possibly exist for questioning you.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ROFL....

    Funny thing is that everyone gets the same news from the same sources.... all available online... unless you personally know some of the people involved or are personally involved. Outside of that it is all gossip... and we know how that ends up most of the time.


    I got all my Blagojevich news from the LOCAL news.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Funny thing is that everyone gets the same news from the same sources.... all available online... unless you personally know some of the people involved or are personally involved. Outside of that it is all gossip... and we know how that ends up most of the time.
    You are not fairly representing her point. While you and I may be getting the 'same' news from the 'same' sources in this case, someone in the locality may have supplemental material and back story that may be harder for us to come by. This Blago* scandal undoubtedly did not fabricate itself from whole cloth this week. I'd say that people in Chicago and the surrounding area know other things that led to this that have not made the national news sources. Furthermore, unless you're in the area, you probably don't follow their local news sources regularly which cover the more 'mundane' events which had to exist before and after the big national story.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You are not fairly representing her point.

    I'm starting to see a common theme with your posts... everyone else is wrong and you are right... then you go on to whine your argument away.

    Good luck with you....

    While you and I may be getting the 'same' news from the 'same' sources in this case, someone in the locality may have supplemental material and back story that may be harder for us to come by. This Blago* scandal undoubtedly did not fabricate itself from whole cloth this week. I'd say that people in Chicago and the surrounding area know other things that led to this that have not made the national news sources. Furthermore, unless you're in the area, you probably don't follow their local news sources regularly which cover the more 'mundane' events which had to exist before and after the big national story.

    And while I understand her point, in this case it makes little sense... well about as much sense as her posting in the plane thread that she has no idea and has read nothing, but continues to make remarks that baffle reasonable logic.

    The imediate assumption is that NO one can make a comment on this particular thread, unless they live there... no other opinions matters.

    I've not read anything from her that brings anything new to the table from my readings. If she would stop whining about posters and start providing info, maybe we could all share in the information and learn a thing or two. Gee... how difficult would that be?

    It would almost be like saying Byre can't make an argument or talk about the car industry since he does not own a car or work in Detroit.....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I'm starting to see a common theme with your posts... everyone else is wrong and you are right...
    Interesting that's what you get from it considering that I mostly agreed with you.
    then you go on to whine your argument away.
    Not much for whining. I realize that it's easier to dismiss when you think of it that way, though. I'm no more whining here than you are crying like a little girl about the plane crash.
    The imediate assumption is that NO one can make a comment on this particular thread, unless they live there... no other opinions matters.
    There you go again.
    I've not read anything from her that brings anything new to the table from my readings. If she would stop whining about posters and start providing info, maybe we could all share in the information and learn a thing or two. Gee... how difficult would that be?
    Not difficult at all I suppose. OTOH, I can see how others might not want to get involved in the fray. If a simple question about which Louisiana governor is being used as an example of corruption causes accusations of partisanship and defending Blago*, imagine what actually providing some background on Blago* from a local perspective might inspire.
    It would almost be like saying Byre can't make an argument or talk about the car industry since he does not own a car or work in Detroit.....
    One can dream.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I'm starting to see a common theme with your posts... everyone else is wrong and you are right... then you go on to whine your argument away.

    Good luck with you....




    And while I understand her point, in this case it makes little sense... well about as much sense as her posting in the plane thread that she has no idea and has read nothing, but continues to make remarks that baffle reasonable logic.

    The imediate assumption is that NO one can make a comment on this particular thread, unless they live there... no other opinions matters.

    I've not read anything from her that brings anything new to the table from my readings. If she would stop whining about posters and start providing info, maybe we could all share in the information and learn a thing or two. Gee... how difficult would that be?

    It would almost be like saying Byre can't make an argument or talk about the car industry since he does not own a car or work in Detroit.....

    Actually I did read a little about that plane incident but not enough to know all the complete details. I just wondered why this happened over a residential area. I did have time to read more articles after I posted. But actually because all the reports are so short, there's still somewhat of a lack of details.

    And one reason why I didn't post more info in this thread is because of the fighting that seemed to take over and become the true purpose of this thread.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #92  
    BTW, Lisa Madigan, our Attorney General has asked the Illinois Supreme Court to temporarily remove Blagojevich from office. She's using the grounds of "due to disability" though, and some constitutional scholars think this is a stretch and may not work. She says this would be faster than impeachment for the time being.

    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...-to-serve.html

    This report makes no mention of the term "disability" but I'm certain I heard her say that in her press conference. It was also mentioned in a subsequent news report. There's a video of the conference. you can listen to it yourself.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 12/12/2008 at 06:46 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And one reason why I didn't post more info in this thread is because of the fighting that seemed to take over and become the true purpose of this thread.
    Well, when you start attacking members for no reason, then some tend to fight back. Some of us tend to get nasty... check out some of Toby's post... even I was surprised.

    Not sure if the reason you claim to not post more information is correct. I'd say there is no more information to be posted, outside of what is found online. As I requested before, if you have something new, I'd love to hear it.

    This entire debacle is old news now anyway... the guy is toast and he took Jackson, Jr. down with him.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14. #94  
    I just posted some info that appeared on our local news and from a local news site. The story may be old news to you but it's still very active around here.

    BTW, you're aware that Rahm Emmanuel may or may not be involved too, not just Jackson Jr.? Jury's still out on that one.

    Interesting how no one wants to discuss any of the details of the actual STORY. So again, I wonder why this thread was started.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Well, when you start attacking members for no reason, then some tend to fight back.
    Speaking of getting defensive and partisan, I'm still waiting to find out which proven corrupt Louisiana governor was being referred to in the original post. Trying to get that answer is like pulling teeth, it seems.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  16. #96  
    This thread fails so badly, it isn't even funny.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Speaking of getting defensive and partisan, I'm still waiting to find out which proven corrupt Louisiana governor was being referred to in the original post. Trying to get that answer is like pulling teeth, it seems.
    rofl!!!

    I understand... complacency dream state in the 7th dimension.

    Odd that so many politicians think they can get away with X...

    We should hold contest to see if anyone could guess how many govenors, senators, representatives, and cabinet members will be in trouble in 2009.

    Guess the problem would be defining "trouble."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18. #98  
    Since Louisiana got brought up, what do you think about this article?

    http://www.slate.com/id/2206523/?GT1=38001
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    He's been watched by the government for a LONG time. That's well known around here. He was likely the high public official Rezko mentioned. He also taunted the investigators yesterday in a TV interview, he knew he was being taped or at least suspected. It might have been personal on the investigators' end if they saw that interview, which is certainly possible.
    he may well be put on trial, be convicted, and go to jail -- but I continue to think that its unlikely to be on charges relating to these specific events.

    The abrupt manner by which these charges were brought, the news conference, the colorful ways in which the charges were described -- all of which likely transpired prior to actual overt actionable criminal deeds related to these allegations.

    Seating an unbiased jury will also be next to impossible -- especially in Illinois. This is a case that screams for a neutral, probably out of state, venue.

    If he does go to jail it will likely be for criminality separate and additional to the "Senatorial auction".

    For months he's been the target of wiretaps and investigations -- presumably if he's guilty of anything substantial they can document it profusely, and he'll be getting an orange jumpsuit as a goodbye gift.

    If not, he walks free.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Since Louisiana got brought up, what do you think about this article?

    http://www.slate.com/id/2206523/?GT1=38001
    Can't speak to the Illinois aspect since I don't follow their politics much, but most of the Louisiana stuff is accurate. The Longs and Edwards are certainly infamous. When one of your elections has "Elect the crook. It's important." as a major campaign slogan, that's probably unique to America's banana republic. It's not really as accepted as it used to be (and they make it out to be), but we've certainly had our share (and probably a few other states') of scumbags. But, I'm not sure that a higher conviction rate (even per capita) de facto indicates a higher corruption rate. It just means they're being caught more. Also, according to the USA Today analysis, Illinois is a bush-league 18th anyway.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions