Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    " Again, I have not insulted you. I have stated demonstrable facts. Your reading comprehension sucks or you are too lazy to actually read before launching your diatribes."

    -Toby.

    Ridiculous. You`re trying to tell me you arent insulting me? Are you serious?
    So much for not wasting your time? Yes, I'm very serious. If you think I've _ever_ made a comment defending the Democrats or Blago* in the context of this thread, you do in fact have a problem with reading comprehension. You have further gone on to characterize me as a Democrat partisan in the same mold as BARYE. I consider that an extreme insult since if there is one thing I have 'pride' in regarding myself, it is that I am rational to a fault. That you continue this line suggests to me that you are either not bothering to read what I'm saying or you do not understand what I'm saying. And considering that I'd not exactly said much prior to your misunderstanding, I cannot conclude that I was being unclear. So, we're left with that 1) you are not reading before replying which is certainly rude and belligerent and lazy, 2) you are reading but unintentionally misunderstanding which is a problem with reading comprehension, or 3) you are reading and willfully misunderstanding which is rude and belligerent and makes you a liar. 1 and 3 could certainly be considered insulting, unless they are true in which case they are simply facts. 2 is not exactly complimentary, but it is not insulting if true either.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  2. #62  
    ROFL

    He owes me an apology.

    No, he owes me an apology.

    You two love each other... awwwww.

    Now they seem to be questing the wife in all of this... Grand... she was ALREADY under investigation. What a family... about dysfunctional as the family we have on this forum. (But we all love each other, just the same.)
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You owe me an apology, I owe you nothing here. You have been rude from the start.
    How is questioning the use of Edwin Edwards being rude?
    Its incredible that you sit here trying to deny it.
    So incredible that one should consider it.
    I have, not once, personally attacked anyone in this thread.
    You don't consider any of the characterizations you've made of me insults or attacks? And yet you're deathly offended that I question your reading comprehension?
    YOU go back and read.
    I have. Several times. Which is why I'm confused as to why you're still coming to the conclusion that I've ever defended Blago*, democrats, or even Edwin Edwards.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    So much for not wasting your time? Yes, I'm very serious. If you think I've _ever_ made a comment defending the Democrats or Blago* in the context of this thread, you do in fact have a problem with reading comprehension. You have further gone on to characterize me as a Democrat partisan in the same mold as BARYE. I consider that an extreme insult since if there is one thing I have 'pride' in regarding myself, it is that I am rational to a fault. That you continue this line suggests to me that you are either not bothering to read what I'm saying or you do not understand what I'm saying. And considering that I'd not exactly said much prior to your misunderstanding, I cannot conclude that I was being unclear. So, we're left with that 1) you are not reading before replying which is certainly rude and belligerent and lazy, 2) you are reading but unintentionally misunderstanding which is a problem with reading comprehension, or 3) you are reading and willfully misunderstanding which is rude and belligerent and makes you a liar. 1 and 3 could certainly be considered insulting, unless they are true in which case they are simply facts. 2 is not exactly complimentary, but it is not insulting if true either.
    I have never been rude to anyone here. YOU are the one willfully and obviously mischaracterizing facts here. If you are so rational to a fault, why is it SO difficult to see that you are wrong here?

    You claims are most certainly not true as you are simply intent on sending out derogatory barbs with each successive post. They would be insulting REGARDLESS of the scenario. Incredible that you fail to see this.
    Last edited by treobk214; 12/11/2008 at 10:09 AM.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    If you are so rational to a fault, why is it SO difficult to see that you are wrong here?
    As I said, I've gone back and read the discussion several times. You don't like that some people point out every time a Republican does something wrong. Fine. You will not find any evidence that I have started any such thread. You have a problem with Blago*. Fine. You will not find any evidence that I disputed that what he did was wrong, illegal, immoral, stupid, etc. You used an example of a corrupt Louisiana governor to uphold your assertion that the Democrats had as many scandals as the Republicans. I simply pointed out that you were using an out of date example, and even offered two more current examples. You then accused me of defending Blago*, being a Democrat partisan, being rude and belligerent, etc. The only 'wrong' I can see on my part is being stupid enough to have continued this discussion.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You are obviously a Democrat shill.
    LOL!

    I actually do vote Democrat but Blagojevich was such a huge disappointment, even before this happened. He acts like a child who doesn't get what he wants and that's not the way to maturely run this state or any state.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Which ones?
    Due to all the fighting that really has nothing to do with the topic, I now need to go back and read the first page again. But I do recall that some were unaware that this didn't just happen out of the woodwork.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Due to all the fighting that really has nothing to do with the topic, I now need to go back and read the first page again. But I do recall that some were unaware that this didn't just happen out of the woodwork.
    How does it matter that I did or didn't mention his past in this thread? The crux of the issue are the allegations he is currently charged with! Sure, there is a backstory with any individual, as there was with McGreevey and Corzine here in NJ.

    What's the point? The main issue is that he tried to sell a senate seat for personal profit. He is a disgrace to his position. You are calling me uniformed? Do you know the backstory or history of every political figure holding office today?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    As I said, I've gone back and read the discussion several times. You don't like that some people point out every time a Republican does something wrong. Fine. You will not find any evidence that I have started any such thread. You have a problem with Blago*. Fine. You will not find any evidence that I disputed that what he did was wrong, illegal, immoral, stupid, etc. You used an example of a corrupt Louisiana governor to uphold your assertion that the Democrats had as many scandals as the Republicans. I simply pointed out that you were using an out of date example, and even offered two more current examples. You then accused me of defending Blago*, being a Democrat partisan, being rude and belligerent, etc. The only 'wrong' I can see on my part is being stupid enough to have continued this discussion.

    You STILL fail to see where you are wrong and should apologize. To make points against my assertions here is one thing, but rather than do it civilly, you've insulted my reading comprehension and called me lazy among other digs posted with an obvious tone of arrogance..

    I will discuss a topic with someone if they can manage to be respectful about the topic at hand, but since you've proven repeatedly that you're more interested in insulting me, why should I debate with you?

    Seriously. If you want your posts to be respected then show respect to others with whom you are debating..
  10. #70  
    I'm not disagreeing that he's a disgrace. I stopped supporting him long ago due to other actions. I'm just wondering why people who may not have the whole story seem to feel they know it all about the situtation. That is what's annoying me more than anything else. I'm just saying that it's best to at least get more of the story.

    That being said, yes he's extremely arrogant and I'm not happy with his recent behavior after getting arrested either!! He refuses to speak to the people who elected him.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You STILL fail to see where you are wrong and should apologize.
    I suppose we're equal on that front. I certainly made an effort. I doubt that you've shown me the same courtesy.
    To make points against my assertions here is one thing, but rather than do it civilly, you've insulted my reading comprehension and called me lazy among other digs posted with an obvious tone of arrogance..
    I was quite civil all things considered until you started mischaracterizing my responses (defensive, naive, democrat). If you drew those conclusions based upon my responses, your reading comprehension is certainly in question.
    I will discuss a topic with someone if they can manage to be respectful about the topic at hand, but since you've proven repeatedly that you're more interested in insulting me, why should I debate with you?
    You have never been interested in debate. You are only interested in preaching to the mountaintops.
    Seriously. If you want your posts to be respected then show respect to others with whom you are debating..
    I showed you respect by questioning your use of Edwin Edwards and not simply dismissing it out of hand. I showed you respect by offering some more current examples. You returned this by calling me defensive, naive, and partisan. I'm sorry that I let this cause me to respond in kind.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I suppose we're equal on that front. I certainly made an effort. I doubt that you've shown me the same courtesy.

    I was quite civil all things considered until you started mischaracterizing my responses (defensive, naive, democrat). If you drew those conclusions based upon my responses, your reading comprehension is certainly in question.

    You have never been interested in debate. You are only interested in preaching to the mountaintops.

    I showed you respect by questioning your use of Edwin Edwards and not simply dismissing it out of hand. I showed you respect by offering some more current examples. You returned this by calling me defensive, naive, and partisan. I'm sorry that I let this cause me to respond in kind.
    Where have I attacked you? When did I insult your intelligence, reading comprehension? When have I called you lazy? You responded belligerently and without provocation on my part.
    Your apology is disingenious and you know it.

    what's a complete joke here is that I NEVER mentioned Edwards. YOU DID. Talk about reading comprehension!

    Apparently you are offended by the term democrat. I was unaware the term was derogatory.

    Its amazing. The mischaracterizations in this thread are entirely on your part. Its really becoming quite laughable.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I suppose we're equal on that front. I certainly made an effort. I doubt that you've shown me the same courtesy.

    I was quite civil all things considered until you started mischaracterizing my responses (defensive, naive, democrat). If you drew those conclusions based upon my responses, your reading comprehension is certainly in question.

    You have never been interested in debate. You are only interested in preaching to the mountaintops.

    I showed you respect by questioning your use of Edwin Edwards and not simply dismissing it out of hand. I showed you respect by offering some more current examples. You returned this by calling me defensive, naive, and partisan. I'm sorry that I let this cause me to respond in kind.
    I have been respectful all through this thread. I find it absolutely hilarious that you try to claim you have shown polite decorum here.

    Where have I attacked you? When did I insult your intelligence or reading comprehension? When have I called you lazy? You're the one on the attack here, not me.

    You didn't respond in kind, youresponded belligerently and without provocation on my part.
    Your apology is disingenious and you know it.

    AND, what's a complete joke here is that I NEVER mentioned Edwards. YOU DID. Talk about reading comprehension! What a farce!

    Apparently you are offended by the term democrat. I was unaware the term was derogatory.

    Whatever.
    Its amazing. The mischaracterizations in this thread are entirely on your part. Its really becoming quite laughable.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that he's a disgrace. I stopped supporting him long ago due to other actions. I'm just wondering why people who may not have the whole story seem to feel they know it all about the situtation. That is what's annoying me more than anything else. I'm just saying that it's best to at least get more of the story.

    That being said, yes he's extremely arrogant and I'm not happy with his recent behavior after getting arrested either!! He refuses to speak to the people who elected him.
    When did I say I knew it all? I never did.
    What annoys me about some people here is that they are mischaracterizing what others are saying. Misinterpretation AND mischaracterization. That's what's really annoying. To be frank, I think its because the comments involved issues about their party which they are not happy about, and they are reacting defensively.
    Last edited by treobk214; 12/11/2008 at 02:46 PM.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Your apology is disingenious and you know it.
    No, my regret is completely sincere. Granted, it would be disingenuous were it directed towards you.
    AND, what's a complete joke here is that I NEVER mentioned Edwards. YOU DID. Talk about reading comprehension! What a farce!
    You have my curiosity piqued. To which other Louisiana governor were you referring? He's the most recent Louisiana governor to have been proven corrupt, so it's a fair assumption to make. Jindal has had a couple of minor gaffes with helicopter usage, but hardly been proven corrupt. Blanco was simply in over her head. No real allegations of corruption there. Foster had no scandals of any sort. Or wait...did you think that William Jefferson was the governor?
    Apparently you are offended by the term democrat. I was unaware the term was derogatory.
    It's all in how you say it.
    Whatever.
    Its amazing. The mischaracterizations in this thread are entirely on your part. Its really becoming quite laughable.
    Let's all enjoy the laugh then. To which Louisiana governor were you referring?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  16.    #76  
    "It's all in how you say it."

    -toby

    well if you're THAT sensitive then you should have understood where YOUR comments were insulting, its incredible to me how my calling you a democrat was offensive, yet your comments are somehow civil!

    That's laughable.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    "It's all in how you say it."
    well if you're THAT sensitive then you should have understood where YOUR comments were insulting, its incredible to me how my calling you a democrat was offensive, yet your comments are somehow civil!
    I didn't say I was offended by that (I found your attacks on my reason and thought more offensive). I'm saying that you clearly seem to consider the term derogatory. What I find incredible is that you still won't name the Louisiana governor to which you referred to as being proven corrupt. That's the only thing that I commented on to get involved in this thread. I didn't defend Blago*, democrats, or anyone else.

    I pointed out that the only recently proven corrupt Louisiana governor (who has been out of office since 1996) seemed like an outdated example to try and prove that the 'other side' was just as or more corrupt than the Republicans. You then 'deduced' that since I noted this that I was being defensive, naive, and partisan.

    My only assumption in this thread is that you were referring to Edwin Edwards. If you were not, then I am thoroughly confused. If you were referring to someone else, you were either drawing upon an even more outdated example, or wrong about them having been a governor. If you were referring to William Jefferson, you could have cleared that up in your first response by saying 'oops, I mean corrupt congressman' and it would have been done.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  18. #78  
    Why was this thread started anyway? To talk about the Blagojevich scandal or to argue? At first I thought it was to discuss the scandal which is in my backyard, but there seems to be something else going on here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    When did I say I knew it all? I never did.
    What annoys me about some people here is that they are mischaracterizing what others are saying. Misinterpretation AND mischaracterization. That's what's really annoying. To be frank, I think its because the comments involved issues about their party which they are not happy about, and they are reacting defensively.
    Well you do sound like you have all the answers, despite admitting you never heard of the guy before this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Well you do sound like you have all the answers, despite admitting you never heard of the guy before this.
    The conclusions you've drawn are very strange. But I could say the same about you. You seem to think you know everything here and that everyone else's opinions are not important. What's even more amusing is that you seem to think people should live in the town of a corrupt official before they are allowed to comment on them. I mean..... Bizarre!!! lol.


    That's like saying you can't comment on the president because you don't live in the same town he does.



    You simply don't like others attacking your party. That's the long and the short of it, and you're getting snarky here because of it.

    Pretty easy to see.
    Last edited by treobk214; 12/11/2008 at 11:37 PM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions