Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I had an unexpectedly emotional experience a couple of days ago.

    I just bought a VisorPhone. It was time. For almost two years now, my little Graphite Visor Deluxe and I have been inseparable. There are a couple of scratches and even chipped edges. The dark matte finish has worn to a smooth, almost shiny texture, and the paint is worn from the up/down keys. The stylus silo, while still functional does not hold with the tenacity it used to. I can't complain though. after all this time, it is still perfectly functional.

    One day while I was eagerly awaiting my new Phone Module, I received an e-mail. My faithful, robust PDA's mic was not optimized for the VisorPhone. It would be replaced at no cost. A fresh Visor for free. Cool.

    I got the module, and it seemed to work fine in the old visor. The new visor was on its way, though. It arrived and I immediately transferred all the info to the new one with the backup module. A few quick tests and it was time to make the switch complete. Off came the battery cover, and out came the batteries. The plastic stick went back in the silo. The plastic blank went back into the SB slot and the cover snapped over the screen for the last time. There was an eerie lightness to the familiar device stripped of its power and peripherals. I imagined the capacitor discharging as I put it in its shipping box and my relation to it came to an end. It was like having a pet put to sleep. Amazing how attached we can come to these things. Or maybe it's just me.

    Any thoughts? (Be gentle)
  2. #2  
    so much drama ...

    when my plat busted i immediately took the batteries out. after a phone call & two days later, the new plat arrived. i took the good one out of the box, put the bad one in the box, and shipped it back the same day.

    did i get emotional? no. i tricked myself that the new plat was the same plat as the old one.


    yeah, i wrote that ...
  3. #3  
    I haven't had a device long enough to get attached to it. I've even replaced two or three edge's already (I can't remember exactly). The one I have now has been working like a champ, though. I think it's the case.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  4. #4  
    I've had a new visor every 6 weeks - it's terrible. I'm attached to the brand - not the particular unit.. though I WILL miss the dea pixel on Visor #4, or the blue dot on Visor #5.. or my first visor #1.. *sigh*
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by mnartker
    I had an unexpectedly emotional experience a couple of days ago.

    I just bought a VisorPhone. It was time. For almost two years now, my little Graphite Visor Deluxe and I have been inseparable. There are a couple of scratches and even chipped edges. The dark matte finish has worn to a smooth, almost shiny texture, and the paint is worn from the up/down keys. The stylus silo, while still functional does not hold with the tenacity it used to. I can't complain though. after all this time, it is still perfectly functional.

    One day while I was eagerly awaiting my new Phone Module, I received an e-mail. My faithful, robust PDA's mic was not optimized for the VisorPhone. It would be replaced at no cost. A fresh Visor for free. Cool.

    I got the module, and it seemed to work fine in the old visor. The new visor was on its way, though. It arrived and I immediately transferred all the info to the new one with the backup module. A few quick tests and it was time to make the switch complete. Off came the battery cover, and out came the batteries. The plastic stick went back in the silo. The plastic blank went back into the SB slot and the cover snapped over the screen for the last time. There was an eerie lightness to the familiar device stripped of its power and peripherals. I imagined the capacitor discharging as I put it in its shipping box and my relation to it came to an end. It was like having a pet put to sleep. Amazing how attached we can come to these things. Or maybe it's just me.

    Any thoughts? (Be gentle)
    As an aside, did your replacement have the correct serial number? See my thread if you want to know why I'm asking.
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    I've had a new visor every 6 weeks - it's terrible. I'm attached to the brand - not the particular unit.. though I WILL miss the dea pixel on Visor #4, or the blue dot on Visor #5.. or my first visor #1.. *sigh*
    Oh man, now I'm wondering if it's the old or the new visor that I should send back. The old one never seemed to have anything functionally wrong other than a worn stylus silo (and some cosmetic things.) I'm really not even sure that there's even a difference in the microphone.

    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    As an aside, did your replacement have the correct serial number? See my thread if you want to know why I'm asking.
    That is also a little scary, but the new serial number appears OK.

Posting Permissions