Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The race is probably closer than the polls continue to indicate. That said, I've wondered to myself what I will do if my candidate loses - and made my decision: I'm moving back to the UK. Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

Seems like a good place to work to me.

But seriously...what if your candidate loses? What will you do?
    a better thread for this post:

please everyone watch this film titled

BTW -- is there any way to inbed youTube code here ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Even though I'm a devout atheist, I'll pray evrery morning for Pres. McCain's health. Other than that, not much.

I would be very disappointed in this country, so I could move to Alaska - I hear they have a well-connected secessionist party.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    You should also pray for the health of this country. With its military spending cut at 25%, confirmed by both Obama and pre-criminal Barney Frank, with the reduction in weapons development systems, with the nuclear option off the table, your prayers will not be wasted. Something is around the corner, confirmed by Joe Biden and with the statement that people will not support Obama's decision, let's not mince the words, think he is wrong with his NO response, well, here we go. With people associated with him like Farrakat, Ayers (an unrepentant terrorist who believes he did not do enough and do not forget the scandals he has been involved with), Wright (20 plus years of hatred out of his pulpet and Obama knew nothing), with Rezko and his connections, with Obama's belief in the "black value system," (racial separatism), his believe and support in infanticide.

Bujin, if you want a secessionist movement that is well entrenched, travel to Hawaii - Alaska has nothing compared to it. Bring your prayer book.
    If my candidate loses I'll do nothing... I'll be okay no matter who gets in.... fact is that the dems will control the house and senate so mccain won't be able to do too much damage... even if something happens to mccain, the dems won't let her do jack... and she won't have the experience nor backing of republicans to do much in her time in office. She will be out in 2012.

One fear is having obama in power with control over both the house and senate. Bush had that and look at what happened....

troll we call bclinger? nice post...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    ...Bujin, if you want a secessionist movement that is well entrenched, travel to Hawaii - Alaska has nothing compared to it. Bring your prayer book.
    Hawaii was criminally conquered

If I was native Hawaiian, I'd be more than a secessionist -- much more...
  7.    #7  
    If Obama loses, McCain will create a police state. We'll be under marshal law and forced to give up our rights under the constitution. McCain will claim that the congress has failed and as such, he'll call upon the conservative justices of the Supreme Court to back his declaration as being the sole authority over all branches of our government - in effect, declaring him "dictator in chief".
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    If Obama loses, McCain will create a police state. We'll be under marshal law and forced to give up our rights under the constitution. McCain will claim that the congress has failed and as such, he'll call upon the conservative justices of the Supreme Court to back his declaration as being the sole authority over all branches of our government - in effect, declaring him "dictator in chief".
    I did not see the "". Please tell me you were joking?

If not, I'll call you the same thing I called those people who claimed Bill Clinton was going to do the same thing....

McCain won't do anything... he won't have the power to do much of anything... like bush right now.. what can bush do?

Now, in two years if the republicans take over the house and senate again (with mccain as president), then you might have a scary situation...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I did not see the "". Please tell me you were joking?

If not, I'll call you the same thing I called those people who claimed Bill Clinton was going to do the same thing....

McCain won't do anything... he won't have the power to do much of anything... like bush right now.. what can bush do?

Now, in two years if the republicans take over the house and senate again (with mccain as president), then you might have a scary situation...
    Sorry. I was trying very hard to say it with as straight a face as some that claim Obama will make this nation a communist nation. It's hard to do really without possessing either the same meds or mental illnesses that allow people to rationalize such crazy notions.
    Sorry. I was trying very hard to say it with as straight a face as some that claim Obama will make this nation a communist nation. It's hard to do really without possessing either the same meds or mental illnesses that allow people to rationalize such crazy notions.
    Yes, I've seen those comments as well... although, it does scare me to think that obama as President will have the house and senate.... if the dems get to 60, it will mean total control.

I like obama over mccain, but total control? you can't tell me you trust obama that much. I like obama, but not enough to trust him with total control.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

please everyone watch this film titled

BTW -- is there any way to inbed youTube code here ??
    A geeky thing to know about this 4 minute horror movie (whch I unfortunately have nothing to do with) is that it was shot entirely with a Nikon still camera (which is how I learnt about it...)
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I've seen those comments as well... although, it does scare me to think that obama as President will have the house and senate.... if the dems get to 60, it will mean total control.

I like obama over mccain, but total control? you can't tell me you trust obama that much. I like obama, but not enough to trust him with total control.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this. I've posted repeatedly that I want Pelosi and Reid out. I don't like the idea of either party having a monopoly over all branches of government. We can see how well that worked out for us the last 6 out of 8 years. That said, I don't think the Republicans deserve to be elected based on fear either.

The GOP is in dire need of a shake-up to scrape off the neo-con whackos like those that post here and reinvent themselves into a real conservative party. When will that happen? If the GOP loses as badly as some are predicting I don't think they'll have a choice - a new Republican party will emerge. And if Obama fails to keep Nancy and Harry in check or they fail to keep him in check, then he'll have two years at best with total control (as you call it) whereby that "new" Republican party will be in a position to keep things in check during the remaining two years of Obama's Presidency.

I don't think that will happen though. I think Obama is smart enough to know that Pelosi and Reid can ruin any chance of him getting re-elected. I think he'll reach across the isle and we'll see more balance from him than most foaming at the mouth right-wingers are willing to admit.

Either way...you're taking my obviously rheotorical post too seriously. It was intended to be as ridiculous as Ben's claims and concerns to highlight how truly moronic they sound. Since you've taken me so serioulsy, I think its safe to say it worked.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this.

No place... I'm on your side...

That said, I don't think the Republicans deserve to be elected based on fear either.
    Good point... Don't think I am living in fear (maybe looking at it differently), but good point...

The GOP is in dire need of a shake-up to scrape off the neo-con whackos like those that post here and reinvent themselves into a real conservative party. When will that happen? If the GOP loses as badly as some are predicting I don't think they'll have a choice - a new Republican party will emerge. And if Obama fails to keep Nancy and Harry in check or they fail to keep him in check, then he'll have two years at best with total control (as you call it) whereby that "new" Republican party will be in a position to keep things in check during the remaining two years of Obama's Presidency.

True...

I don't think that will happen though. I think Obama is smart enough to know that Pelosi and Reid can ruin any chance of him getting re-elected. I think he'll reach across the isle and we'll see more balance from him than most foaming at the mouth right-wingers are willing to admit.
    Would be nice to find out... lol...

Either way...you're taking my obviously rheotorical post too seriously. It was intended to be as ridiculous as Ben's claims and concerns to highlight how truly moronic they sound. Since you've taken me so serioulsy, I think its safe to say it worked.

lol... no, my observations were made way before I read your post or anything ben posted.

I'm speaking from my own thoughts on the issue of Dems in control of everything... but it seems you have already thought about that and have your own serious thoughts.... nice to have a decent convo every now and again... half the time I post so much BS I don't even knwo what I post... nice to see where people are at every now and again... and have a bit of "serious" talk.

Now back to ben. lol
  14.    #14  
    I'm speaking from my own thoughts on the issue of Dems in control of everything... but it seems you have already thought about that and have your own serious thoughts.... nice to have a decent convo every now and again.
    Agreed. Civilized discourse can be a good thing in a democracy....or so I'm told...we haven't seen any in 8 years so I've almost forgotten what its like.
    Theog, thank you for the continued name calling, I am truly flattered. Anyway, what happens if the Republicans do maintain the 42 or so seats required to block?

I do though agree with your bottom statement about Obama having control over both the House and Senate. No one here really supports the extreme agenda of Nancy and Mr. Reid.

If my candidate loses I'll do nothing... I'll be okay no matter who gets in.... fact is that the dems will control the house and senate so mccain won't be able to do too much damage... even if something happens to mccain, the dems won't let her do jack... and she won't have the experience nor backing of republicans to do much in her time in office. She will be out in 2012.

One fear is having obama in power with control over both the house and senate. Bush had that and look at what happened....

troll we call bclinger? nice post...
    What Theog is saying without saying it:

Absolute power corrupts.

You speak of Obama reaching across the isle - now, now. He has zero history of reaching across the isle. As for the foaming at the mouth, you have done it to an extreme today.

The concerns I posted are valid concerns and are based in fact. Obama stated a 25% cut in the military. Barney stated 25% cut. Those are facts and are written in stone. What else did I post that you have a problem with? There is no exaggeration there at all. Another person mentioned riots - well, bubba, those words come from the left, not the right. So again, what have I said that was wrong?

I'm not sure where you're going with this. I've posted repeatedly that I want Pelosi and Reid out. I don't like the idea of either party having a monopoly over all branches of government. We can see how well that worked out for us the last 6 out of 8 years. That said, I don't think the Republicans deserve to be elected based on fear either.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    What Theog is saying without saying it:

Absolute power corrupts.

You speak of Obama reaching across the isle - now, now. He has zero history of reaching across the isle. As for the foaming at the mouth, you have done it to an extreme today.

The concerns I posted are valid concerns and are based in fact. Obama stated a 25% cut in the military. Barney stated 25% cut. Those are facts and are written in stone. What else did I post that you have a problem with? There is no exaggeration there at all. Another person mentioned riots - well, bubba, those words come from the left, not the right. So again, what have I said that was wrong?

Yes, while I like Obama/Biden over McCain/Palin, I definitely don't want obama/Biden + Congress. That is too much, IMO. We seen what happened to Bush/Darth Vader when they had it all... and not even 60 seats.

If obama had 60 seats why in the hell would he need to speak with the republicans? At least for 2 years anyway.... he would not... well, he would, but not really.

No, obama has no history of reaching across the isle... to be honest, he has no "history." obama has no history... we know every little of him. Then again, mccain has a L O N G messed up history and it is not good.... Palin has a small history and it is not good either. Now looks like the AP done another investigation on palin... so we will see if Alaska is putting her through another "official" investigation about her oil line corruption (hiring lobbyists... same thing mccain does).

Obama is "Mr. Clean" right now. Biden seems to be clean as well...

The republicans this cycle are junk... only an insane or unread individual would vote for mccain/palin.

What is funny is that those military cuts would do us some good... get out iraq, you would not need all the military. Plus, every President has made cuts in military, here and there. Even bush cut some bases.... bet you don't remember that, do 'ya. But I be you remember the clinton cuts? Right, Ben? Funny.

Cut in military is not a "bad" thing... get real... if we move out of iraq, 25% reduction in 4 years is not unwarranted. Or don't you get that?
  18.    #18  

Cut in military is not a "bad" thing... get real... if we move out of iraq, 25% reduction in 4 years is not unwarranted. Or don't you get that?
    I would imagine $10 BILLION a month being spent in Iraq would allow for a fairly significant cut once we wind down operations there. Would that equate to 25% of the overall military budget? Dunno. But neither does Ben - nor does he know when the cuts would happen; over what period of time; what region the cuts would occur; what branches would be cut; etc.
    But seriously...what if your candidate loses? What will you do?
    Well, I have a harder time and yet an easier time answering this than quite a few. The more difficult part is that I don't really have a candidate per se. My only sure thing is that I'm not voting for McCain. I may still vote for Obama depending on what happens between now and the 4th, or I may still fall back to the Ron Paul slate. Either way, I don't think it matters much. If Obama wins, there will likely be some good and bad to it. It'll undoubtedly make the other kids like us more. Hopefully he wouldn't let the inmates running the Congressional asylum go too crazy. If McCain manages to somehow pull out a miracle, he and the Democrats in Congress seem unlikely to get anywhere that will screw up things too much.

Oh, and just a general FWIW to the thread, 'aisle' and 'martial'.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Well, I have a harder time and yet an easier time answering this than quite a few. The more difficult part is that I don't really have a candidate per se. My only sure thing is that I'm not voting for McCain. I may still vote for Obama depending on what happens between now and the 4th, or I may still fall back to the Ron Paul slate. Either way, I don't think it matters much. If Obama wins, there will likely be some good and bad to it. It'll undoubtedly make the other kids like us more. Hopefully he wouldn't let the inmates running the Congressional asylum go too crazy. If McCain manages to somehow pull out a miracle, he and the Democrats in Congress seem unlikely to get anywhere that will screw up things too much.

Oh, and just a general FWIW to the thread, 'aisle' and 'martial'.
    Thanks for the spelling corrections. Aisle. And Martial. Got it. I'll try to pay more attention to my spelling and grammar (which is hopeless).

I understand your position. You seem to be more of a Libertarian than I am so neither candidate represents your ideal candidate. I don't agree with the premise that McCain and a Dem House/Senate will lead to anything good either. Maybe if he had won back in 2000 and had a Dem House/Senate I'd feel differently. But today he is both too old (read: Palin is scary inexperienced) and he has demonstrated that he is erratic throghout his entire campaign...let alone his career. His temperament is not something this nation can trust right now in very tough times that require more friends than enemies. Finally, if McCain were to win I think it would embolden the Republican party - which would be regrettable since I'd like to see them move to the center (or dare I say, more toward Libertarian).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast