Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm sad to see them close anyway. Best Buy is now almost a monopoly around this area.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #42  
    How often do you shop at BB or CC anyway? 95% of my shopping is Amazon, cheaper, no tax, and here in 2 days free. I hate both CC and BB.
    Several times a month at Best Buy(often smaller items), because I like to see what I'm getting, mainly. I hate to open a box and find something not what I expected. Also there's easier returns back to a store you can actually walk in.

I have ordered online before and prayed I get the right item in good working order. Yes, I'm old fashioned in that respect but I hate boxing stuff back up to ship then waiting for approval and another shipment. You could say I'm also impatient I guess. All I know is that if BB has it at a decent price, even if a little more than online, I will often get it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Circuit City after a prolonged descent -- declared bankruptcy this morning...

Circuit City files for bankruptcy

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Circuit City Stores Inc, the No. 2 U.S. consumer electronics retailer, filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, falling victim to tighter credit terms from vendors and a loss of market share to Best Buy Co, Wal-Mart Stores Inc and other rivals.

The retailer and 17 affiliates filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors with the U.S. bankruptcy court in Richmond, Virginia, where it is based.

Circuit City filed a week after saying it would close 155 stores, or more than one-fifth of its retail base, and eliminate 17 percent of its U.S. workforce. It also said it was considering all options to restructure.

...In recent weeks, suppliers pinched by the global credit crunch have tightened terms, sometimes requiring up-front payments before shipping goods.

Larger rival Best Buy, which is based in Minneapolis, has said it might take over stores that distressed rivals close...

Among the company's largest unsecured creditors are Hewlett-Packard Co, Samsung Electronics Co and Sony Corp...

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    they have to try and last until xmas.

Almost of all profit for every retailer comes between Thanksgiving and Xmas. Even their creditors will want them to tough it out until Dec 26th.

But they are in a no win situation. The bankrupcy of a large retailer is one of all manufacturer's most terrifying fears -- as such they are understandably reluctant to provide sick retailers with merchandise unless its paid for upfront.

And banks don't want to lend to anyone -- least of all a company that everyone knows is in trouble. Even good companies in the current environment, companies with decent balance sheets, are having an impossible time getting affordable credit. So how do they fill their shelves ??

without products to sell, they cannot generate sales, nor can they produce profits.

Customers in the know will also be cautious about buying gifts that might not be returnable. What's more Circuit City reportedly has a fairly unhappy and inexperienced work force -- leftovers from a glorious management experiment where they fired all their experienced, higher waged, salespeople. (making it a less than ideal shopping experience).

And because of junior's depression, both Walmart and Best Buy will be competing fiercely for business themselves (making it even harder for Circuit City).

The death of a Circuit City or other large chain will inevitably push many marginal shopping malls also into bankrupcy.

Too many stores, and too many malls have been developed during the last 20 years -- and a shakeout will shutter maybe a 1/4 to a 1/3 of them.

As the dominos of bankrupcy, unemployment, factories being shut down, home values lost impacts the country, unemployment will probably exceed 12%.

(Have a nice day ... )
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Circuit City after a prolonged descent -- declared bankruptcy this morning...

Circuit City files for bankruptcy

NEW YORK (Reuters) Circuit City Stores Inc, the No. 2 U.S. consumer electronics retailer, filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, falling victim to tighter credit terms from vendors and a loss of market share to Best Buy Co, Wal-Mart Stores Inc and other rivals.

The retailer and 17 affiliates filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors with the U.S. bankruptcy court in Richmond, Virginia, where it is based.

Circuit City filed a week after saying it would close 155 stores, or more than one-fifth of its retail base, and eliminate 17 percent of its U.S. workforce. It also said it was considering all options to restructure.

...In recent weeks, suppliers pinched by the global credit crunch have tightened terms, sometimes requiring up-front payments before shipping goods.

Larger rival Best Buy, which is based in Minneapolis, has said it might take over stores that distressed rivals close...

Among the company's largest unsecured creditors are Hewlett-Packard Co, Samsung Electronics Co and Sony Corp...
    No surprise there... I thought they would wait until after the holidays... but I guess the pressure was building.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123