View Poll Results: Is Kellogg's Responsible?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

47 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Hmmm, let me see here...

I'm driving down the road when I pull out my Visor to look something up. In the process, I veer off the road and into a tree. Can (should) I sue Handspring? After all, there's no warning about that in any documentation I received from them.
    Mark,

You'd should be in California (where Handspring is based) and sue the manufacturer of the car, the person or appointment you were looking up in the Visor (or game your were playing) and CalTrans for not building a road with some sort of barrier between you and the tree.

I guarantee you'd get some money from somebody and the bad lawyer(s) would gladly take it as well. Lawyers can advertise in this state and you can't watch a day's worth of TV without some ambulance chaser's ad interfering with the programming.

I'm not out to bash lawyers per se, but what happened to ethics and morals? This PopTart lawsuit shouldn't have made the news and should be throw out of court and the plaintiffs should pay all court related costs and legal fees for all defendents - period. Because the good people of New Jersey shouldn't have to pay for court cost related to such a stupid lawsuit.

There goes Dubya's tax refund in the state of New Jersey.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Idiots have rights too!
    Unfortunate, but true...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I would think that reasonable person wouldn't sue Kellog's, when it appears to me to be a faulty toaster.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    a faulty toaster
    The lawsuit, filed this week in Gloucester County Superior Court by Hurff and her husband, also named toaster-maker Black & Decker Corp. as a defendant. The newspaper said the appliance maker had no comment on the suit.
    Here's a link to the story from the Philadelphia Inquirer.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Here's a link to the story from the Philadelphia Inquirer.
    Thanks mark.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Fault, fault, fault. The only fault no one seems to blame is the one in San Andreas.
    That song last summer ... "Responsibility, what's that?"
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  7.    #47  
    At the time, the man's lawyer said he was considering calling as a witness Dave Barry, the syndicated humor columnist, who wrote in 1993 that he was able to ignite a pair of strawberry Pop-Tarts by putting them in a toaster and holding the lever down for about six minutes.
    I think Dave Barry would put the correct "spin" on this lawsuit if called as a witness.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    The things I learn by owning a VISOR... 'frivilous' isn't in it... I would judge such an attempt as criminal... & the habit is taking off in Europe as well... the French are often anti-American & yet their culture has become one of the most litigious in the EU... copying guess who?
    Malcolm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123