1.    #1  
    I'm looking at all the deals now for MacBook Pros. People are selling off the old ones to get the new. The old ones were actually better, LOL!

Fortunately finding PC equivalent software isn't as much of a problem as it once was. I can't find a good recommendation for music management/sync software though. iTunes 8 has lots of bugs still and even Mac users are reporting problems. Can anyone recommend an OS X alternative to iTunes? TIA!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #2  
    Any insight on this? I'm still looking.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Good luck with that. iTunes is the only option as far as I'm aware. Most of the Mac software out there is to fill a gap that Apple has or doesn't cover. One would assume that the Venn diagram for OS X audiophiles, OS X programmers, and OS X users not happy with iTunes just hasn't overlapped enough yet. There was a project at hydrogenaudio at one point, but it died. The thread there mentions Cog and Play on the last page. Never tried them. I started using iTunes for syncing and managing my iPod when Apple finally added gapless capabilities to the iPod. Since then, there's little that using anything other than MP3 gives me. Though I do still use Vorbis on my Treo very rarely, and archive to FLAC on my Windows box (WinAMP).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  4.    #4  
    There HAS to be another program. How do Mac users rip CDs into MP3 using the LAME encoder? Apple doesn't use LAME as far as I know.

One would assume the relatively small subset of Mac users that care use something like Audacity or a CLI utility.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    There HAS to be another program. How do Mac users rip CDs into MP3 using the LAME encoder? Apple doesn't use LAME as far as I know.
    As mentioned most of the software are just plugins for iTunes.
    LAME link
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8837
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    One would assume the relatively small subset of Mac users that care use something like Audacity or a CLI utility.
    Audacity rips CDs?

I noticed it will import audio, but does that mean directly off a CD?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/19/2008 at 03:24 PM.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    As mentioned most of the software are just plugins for iTunes.
    LAME link
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8837

Thanks! This might work!

Although people on the board are claiming to have problems. Well I'll know when I get my hands on a MacBook.

Audacity rips CDs?

I noticed it will import audio, but does that mean directly off a CD?
    No idea if it rips, but ISTR it can use LAME.
  10.    #10  
    I have Audacity so I know it encodes with LAME, but I don't know if it'll rip CDs.

Did you look into Play? The same guy appears to have a program called Max for ripping.
    you can get windows media player for mac.
    Songbird is quite good. I use it in linux, but it's available for Mac (and Windows).
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 10/19/2008 at 09:04 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  14.    #14  
    I looked it up. Songbird is a bit undercooked(no rips yet and they're still working on some other basics) for me right now, BUT if they keep going with it, it'll be as good as Media Monkey. Even better since they offer multiple platform support. Thanks for the info, ****-richardson!!

I looked it up. Songbird is a bit undercooked(no rips yet and they're still working on some other basics) for me right now, BUT if they keep going with it, it'll be as good as Media Monkey. Even better since they offer multiple platform support. Thanks for the info, ****-richardson!!
    Looking at their roadmap, cd ripping should be implemented by April '09. Until then, after poking around I'd second Toby's recommendation for Play or (gasp!) lame at a terminal.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.