Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Actually, they said that she either didn't stop it, or was an active participant. They didn't make a conclusion either way.

However, the debate comment was supportive of Cheney's interpretation of the role of the VP, with respect to it not belonging to the executive branch. Constitutional scholars are in agreement that this is a ridiculous interpretation, and Palin supports it. To me, it doesn't speak to an "attitute of power", but a fundamental lack of understanding of the VP role.
    Either way its scary. Either she just doesnt get it... or... she thinks that if shes VP she can rule with an iron fist.

scary.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Palin obviously thinks she can do just about whatever she wants.

This report just goes to show that she will intimidate and use her power however she sees fit without regard to the ethics to do what she wants.

This woman could be President?

Barf.
    What? You never heard of or seen a woman want more power? Like in a relationship? You never had a woman want to tell you how she wants you to act and behave? You never had a woman nag you to death about putting the toilet seat down? You never had any honey do lists of things to do when the important game is about to be on?

So, how is Palin wanting more power, different from what women do to us men everyday?

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    What? You never heard of or seen a woman want more power? Like in a relationship? You never had a woman want to tell you how she wants you to act and behave? You never had a woman nag you to death about putting the toilet seat down? You never had any honey do lists of things to do when the important game is about to be on?

So, how is Palin wanting more power, different from what women do to us men everyday?

lmao

Well done!

There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post

lmao

That;s funny.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    And what is scary is that T. Boone Pickens stated that she got it and the other 2 do not.

Either way its scary. Either she just doesnt get it... or... she thinks that if shes VP she can rule with an iron fist.

scary.
    got what and what other 2?
    There is no spoon.
    got what and what other 2?
    http://www.pickensplan.com/news/2008...sarah-palin-2/
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    So T. Boone Pickens stated that she knows the Pickens plan, and about oil drilling in Alaska....that has nothing to do with the conversation about whether she understands the role of a VP as part of the executive branch of government, or agrees with her stance that the constitution allows for even more power to the VP.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    And what is scary is that T. Boone Pickens stated that she got it and the other 2 do not.
    I subscribe to his newsletter and got this days ago and had to re-read it again to see where in the heck you see him saying the "other 2" didn't get it? Please quote the precise sentence/statement that you think makes such a claim?

And as mentioned above - what the heck does T.Boone's sales pitch to her have to do with her qualifications to be Vice President?
    It was in a radio interview conducted by Dennis Prager.
  11.    #51  
    It was in a radio interview conducted by Dennis Prager.
    Transcript? You have a penchant for "interpreting" things that aren't there.

And once again, you've never addressed the main point. So after you prove your own diversion to be true, feel free to address the concern raised - that Palin is too clueless to be VP.
    Not spoon fed. Take a look for the Sunday broadcast, if it is still available. He was explicit.
  13.    #53  
    Not spoon fed. Take a look for the Sunday broadcast, if it is still available. He was explicit.
    Just checked and he wasn't on the air on Sunday. I don't have anymore time to do your homework for you. If you find it, please post it so we can all read it. I won't be shocked if he did (since he is a lifelong Repub) but then again, I think it would be very stupid of him if he hopes to eventually get his plan adopted by either candidate.
    Yeah, I called the local station and was advised it was recorded during the week. A return call with more information was promised.

He did openly refuse to any president and when asked by Prager if it was because he wanted the support of the winning candidate, the answer was no, he wanted no government interference and was going it alone.
    Funny how she even said in an interview with CNN the other day that the VP "Is in charge of the Senate"

Then... her publicist came out and spun it by saying she meant it as an answer that a 3rd grader would understand.

First off she obviously still thinks the VP has more power than it does
    Second why would she give an answer "a 3rd grader would understand" and give them wrong information?

I have a 1st grade son and he understands the difference between being able to call a tie and being in charge.

It goes back to my original post...

She scares the crap out of me.

Her double standards, her ignorance and her arrogance are a VERY ugly combination.

Shes supposed to sit for a deposition for the "abuse of power" probe. Good luck trying to get this snake to answer any questions truthfully.
    There is no spoon.
    Funny how she even said in an interview with CNN the other day that the VP "Is in charge of the Senate"

First off she obviously still thinks the VP has more power than it does
    Considering I didn't see said interview, I'm only going to say that the office of VP has had varying degrees of power from the beginning. Constitutionally, they only have two duties, and yet in practice, they can have many. http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/..._President.htm
    She scares the crap out of me.
    Me too, but it probably goes beyond that.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Considering I didn't see said interview, I'm only going to say that the office of VP has had varying degrees of power from the beginning. Constitutionally, they only have two duties, and yet in practice, they can have many. http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/..._President.htm
    Well, their role has never been to be in charge of the Senate and write legislation. Here is what was said:

Question: “What does the Vice President do?” Palin: That’s something that [my 7-year-old daughter] Piper would ask me! … [T]hey’re in charge of the U.S. Senate, so if they want to, they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better.
    The "make it understandable to a 3rd grader" argument work with me - she wouldn't have specified working on policy with the Senate in order to simplify; she could have left it at "helps the President run the country". There's a difference between simplifying an answer and being totally wrong.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Well, their role has never been to be in charge of the Senate and write legislation. ...
    From a lengthy interview today:

...He also rebuked Bush’s use of signing statements and his administration’s efforts to expand the power of the executive branch.

“I don't agree with that either,” McCain said. “I don't agree with **** Cheney's allegation that he's part of both the legislative and the executive branch.”

McCain did not address recent attacks his running mate Sarah Palin has come under for erroneously saying that part of the vice president’s job is to “be in charge of the U.S. Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes.” ...

(this snippet is from poltico)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Well, their role has never been to be in charge of the Senate and write legislation.
    Try reading the link I posted. You may just be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Try reading the link I posted. You may just be surprised.
    I did - can you point to a quote in it that states that the VP is part of the legislative branch, or has a part in writing legislative policy? I didn't see it; only the Constitutional language that clearly says that the VP has no vote in the Senate except in the place of a tie.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast